The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got Lukaku at the end of January. He's been injured but he's got 5 in 18 appearances (10 as a sub). Only 18 so hopefully next season he picks up.

Managed to finish 2nd 3 points from Inter. Had a brilliant run after Jan even though none of my strikers were scoring. Hazard with 8 goals and 13 assists in 18 games (topped assists chart in half a season lol).
Federico Carraro was brilliant this season for me really saved me towards the end.

Having to get rid of a fair few players in the summer I think. Despite being a good £200k under a £800k wage budget, somehow we lost a lot of money due to poor attendances :frown:
Board cancelled upgrade of training facilities it was apparently that bad.
Reply 981
Original post by Deshi
Has anyone bought Lukaku in Fm11 and is he any good? He plays for Racing in my game :lolwut: and his goal stats are pretty poor for someone whose as highly regarded as him!
I missed the chance to get him in the summer but am considering getting him in the January transfer window.
He is good, though :yep:

Chelsea are annoying me. Eight league games and they haven't conceded :frown: But even with them dropping points with two goalless draws, I've failed to capitalise because I've had two score draws (a very embarrassing 1-1 draw with Wolves in my third match, and a strange 1-1 draw with Everton just now). The Everton game really was odd, though - first Nani scored the goal I've embedded below, then Evra scored an own goal, and I just couldn't score after that :frown:

(Rooney is under the ball, but it's Fellaini who heads it to Nani, so even though Nani is clearly in an offside position (as is Berbatov), it's counted as an interception of a back-pass :biggrin: Probably the easiest goal he's scored since that goal against Tottenham back in October)
Wish I could show some of my goals, Hazard scored plenty of Messi/Maradona like goals when I first arrived. Since then he's become so maddeningly inconsistent with his finishing, same as Sanchez.
Original post by Peachz
I can't take any screenshots at all!!! I've set up a 'screenshot' folder in the FM11 section of Program Files but it just won't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've got the game from the disk and not from Steam.

Here is a screen shot..

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v3ir1c.png

Anyone have any suggestions at all?

Try ALT+F9.
Reply 984
In my file Arsenal have bought Hazard for 28mil and Sneijder for 29mil :lol:
I'm in 2018 and I'm using blackpool, I have this superstar who's the best in the game. He's deep blue for everything besides natural fitness, free kicks and flair and I got him from dinamo kyiv for 15 mil but he's made up so you won't get him. I have a guy named jucilei, he's real and he's really good as well, jonjo shelvey from liverpool, I'll state my best team of real players
GK-joe lewis(have a better guy) rajkovic LB,jeffrey bruma CB, other defenders are all fake but are all leading premiership defenders
Midfield, jucilei, shelvey, schneiderlin (they all developed and are all good in the premiership)
Attack, vargas LW(he's 33 but he's still good), welbeck ST, Snodgrass (RW)
Reply 986
JET scores a hat-trick and then in the same game gets injured for two months :sigh:

I lost my unbeaten run in the next game by getting hammered by Derby at home :colonhash:
Original post by Deshi

Original post by Deshi
JET scores a hat-trick and then in the same game gets injured for two months :sigh:

I lost my unbeaten run in the next game by getting hammered by Derby at home :colonhash:

I'm guessing you have fake players now?
Reply 988
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
Try ALT+F9.

Do they go into the folder straight away? Or do I have to exit the game for them to appear?
Reply 989
FFS. I'm winning 2-1 against Burnley in the 85th minute and I manage to lose 3-2 in the end. ****. I'm dropping down the table ffs.
Reply 990
Original post by jam277
I'm guessing you have fake players now?

Hmmm, not really, I'm only in my third season so all my first team players are real players.
Time to play Sporting Lisbon in the knockout stages of the CL :dance:
Trying not to sign anyone wanting over 50k wages and off loading the higher earners.
Need a CB who's young (under 24 really) will want wages under 50k and cost around £15m in my second season. Any ideas? He can be mediocre now I just need him to be very good in 2/3 years.
Original post by Psychotic546

Trying not to sign anyone wanting over 50k wages and off loading the higher earners.
Need a CB who's young (under 24 really) will want wages under 50k and cost around £15m in my second season. Any ideas? He can be mediocre now I just need him to be very good in 2/3 years.

Bought Raphael Varane from Lens for 12.5m with Dortmund and he wanted about 30-40k, he's very good and young.

I'd suggest Varane from Lens and Romario from Vitoria to anyone looking for good young defenders tbh. Romario is 16 at the start so you won't get him until he's 18, but you get him for about 250k and by the time he's 18 he's worth a million :colone: Needs playing time though, at Barca he was just behind Alves in my line up and was getting plenty of playing time and was developing beautifully, at Dortmund he wasn't getting much and didn't develop nearly as much.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 994
Original post by M_E_X
Wait so is there an actual interface where do you do the draft etc, or just more free players than normal? I'd be interested in doing an actual 'draft' but not in just having more free players...

Yeah, there is an interface... you are in a certain order (Seattle got first pick on my game) and you get then get to pick a player if you wish and offer them a contract. Then the next team gets to pick... you can choose to click pass which withdraws you from the draft process.

I picked up Robbie Rogers and he's been very good for me so far.

I'm 2nd in the Western Conference. LA Galaxy are the best team but I've just maanged a 1-1 draw with them which I'm happy with. Could do with a few more extra defenders though but I'm struggling to find anyone due to squad/wage restrictions. It's a challenge managing in the MLS, but I'm enjoying it.
Original post by Seanisonfire
Bought Raphael Varane from Lens for 12.5m with Dortmund and he wanted about 30-40k, he's very good and young.

I'd suggest Varane from Lens and Romario from Vitoria to anyone looking for good young defenders tbh. Romario is 16 at the start so you won't get him until he's 18, but you get him for about 250k and by the time he's 18 he's worth a million :colone: Needs playing time though, at Barca he was just behind Alves in my line up and was getting plenty of playing time and was developing beautifully, at Dortmund he wasn't getting much and didn't develop nearly as much.

Cheers I got Varane he looks brilliant for £16m. Probably paid a bit too much but I needed him fast. 26k a week so at least his wages are low.
Yeah I already bought Romario but I might just sell him soon as he arrives with the fullbacks I have atm.

:lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)

Cheers I got Varane he looks brilliant for £16m. Probably paid a bit too much but I needed him fast. 26k a week so at least his wages are low.
Yeah I already bought Romario but I might just sell him soon as he arrives with the fullbacks I have atm.

Aye, no idea how I got him so cheap, my Man City scouts say I'll need 30m to take him away from Dortmund :colonhash:
If you guys could pick a favourite player you've managed on this series and past versions (so 2 players) who would it be? Jose Sosa (Hamsik comes close) on this version and Moussa Sissoko over the last 3-4 versions. Regens not included!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mastermind`
If you guys could pick a favourite player you've managed on this series and past versions (so 2 players) who would it be? Jose Sosa (Hamsik comes close) on this version and Moussa Sissoko over the last 3-4 versions.

Regens aside it's got to be Oscar Cardozo. Beasty goalscorer, scores free kicks, long shots, headers, you name it. Gareth Bale is another

Latest