Alexis Sanchez
Emilio Izaguirre
Conor Wickham - Sunderland £12m
Jordan Henderson - Liverpool £16m
Cristian Zapata
Gael Clichy - Manchester City £7m
Moussa Sissoko
Doni - Liverpool £0

(Any more let me know. Would be interesting to see what rumours come true and what ones appear to be absolutely baseless :mmm: )

CURRENT SQUAD
1 Australia GK Brad Jones
2 England DF Glen Johnson
3 England DF Paul Konchesky
4 Portugal MF Raul Meireles
5 Denmark DF Daniel Agger
6 Brazil DF Fábio Aurélio
7 Uruguay FW Luis Suárez
8 England MF Steven Gerrard (captain)
9 England FW Andy Carroll
10 England MF Joe Cole
12 Spain FW Daniel Pacheco
14 Serbia FW Milan Jovanovi?
16 Greece DF Sotirios Kyrgiakos
17 Argentina MF Maxi Rodríguez
18 Netherlands FW Dirk Kuyt
21 Brazil MF Lucas Leiva
22 Scotland DF Danny Wilson
23 England DF Jamie Carragher (vice-captain)
24 France FW David N'Gog
25 Spain GK Pepe Reina
26 England MF Jay Spearing
28 Denmark MF Christian Poulsen
33 England MF Jonjo Shelvey
34 England DF Martin Kelly
37 Slovakia DF Martin Škrtel
38 England DF John Flanagan
40 Spain DF Daniel Ayala
49 England DF Jack Robinson
00 England MF Jodan Henderson

I shall add to this shortly :yep:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well :hi: there :h:
Reply 2
Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Aguero is worth £30m maximum.

Suarez in my opinion is better than him simply because of his work rate. If Liverpool get in two out and out wingers in the summer to help supply Carroll it'll mean Suarez can drop deeper like Rooney does to link up play better with Gerrard and Meireles.

Anyone who wrote off Torres is a bit dumb to be honest. There's no doubting his goal/games ratio, the only issue with him was his head would often go or he'd not hold the ball up well enough and fall over a lot which got annoying.

Suarez is the type of player who'd be of value to any team purely because of his work ethic like Park, Hernandez, Kuyt, etc. whereas Torres and Aguero need to be played in the correct system to fit in and be effective.

Look at the work ethic of Chile in the WC, it was unbelievable.

To be honest I wouldn't sign Aguero, I'd look at someone who harasses defenders like Suarez. Two strikers like that in your team like Rooney and Hernandez and it gives you an entirely different edge.

Tbh, I have said it before, I have never understood the Aguero hype. It is like the Pato hype. It seems to be extreme without really that much basis :beard:

Original post by Xplolode
I just can't get enough....LUIS SUAREZ!
Reply 3
Original post by kuks
Don't you have to be a mod?

Normally you would have to be but I remember before the TSR update the OP of a thread could close their own thread. It might not be possible after a certain number of posts etc :holmes:
Reply 4
Original post by Mess.
Normally you would have to be but I remember before the TSR update the OP of a thread could close their own thread. It might not be possible after a certain number of posts etc :holmes:

Interesting :holmes:
I'm really interested to see who we go after this summer. 2 wingers and a LB are definitely needed. I just hope we go for quality and invest a fair amount.
Reply 5
ooh shiny new thread :biggrin:
Liverpool's future strategy

Excellent article. Definitely worth a read.
Thankfully someone else who agrees that Aguero isn't as good as the hype, certainly not better than Suarez.

On the Hazzard et al players who have told us they aint coming to the prem/Liverpool today, see ya! We will still get quality players in.
Reply 8
Anyone else want to see Aquilani given a proper chance?
Reply 9

Original post by kuks
Interesting :holmes:
I'm really interested to see who we go after this summer. 2 wingers and a LB are definitely needed. I just hope we go for quality and invest a fair amount.

I think Enrique is almost nailed on as the new left back. Around £7m would be a great price and he would hopefully be a great buy.
Reply 10
Original post by Swindan

If he's open to stay I would love to have him back. Especially over Charlie Adam.
I read somewhere that since 2009, Aquilani and Gareth Bale have the same number of assists in the premiership. :p:
Reply 11
Original post by Swindan

I think with his wages and the fact we have many players who can play/want to play in his position then I wouldn't be unhappy to see him go.
That said if it is a straight choice between him and Joe Cole then I would take Aquilani.

However if it was a choice between Aquilani, Cole and Pacheco then I would be unsure even though I don't really have that much faith in Pacheco or his future at the club.
Reply 12
Original post by Mess.
I think Enrique is almost nailed on as the new left back. Around £7m would be a great price and he would hopefully be a great buy.

I agree. He looks solid defensively and can put a good cross in. A fit Aurelio one might say. Young was supposed to have been close to completion but I think the Mancs offered him a larger contract.
Reply 13
Original post by Swindan

I would like the Aquaman back for another shot :yep:
Reply 14
Original post by Mess.

Go to Ask a Mod and request a lock there.... worth a try.

Anyway. I hope to be having some big names coming to Liverpool. Dalglish and the owners are looking like this from what I've seen at Jan. Sold Torres, which would have been hurtful had he left in the Summer.

But Maybe some of those people in the current squad should go - get the money from them to spend on better players.
Reply 15
Other rumoured targets:
Juan Mata
Phil Jones
Gary Cahill
Blaise Matuidi
Ashley Young

:biggrin:
Original post by kuks
I agree. He looks solid defensively and can put a good cross in. A fit Aurelio one might say. Young was supposed to have been close to completion but I think the Mancs offered him a larger contract.

He doesn't have the same set piece ability of Aurelio. But under £10m I would deffo take him.
Reply 17
Original post by Mess.
I think with his wages and the fact we have many players who can play/want to play in his position then I wouldn't be unhappy to see him go.
That said if it is a straight choice between him and Joe Cole then I would take Aquilani.

However if it was a choice between Aquilani, Cole and Pacheco then I would be unsure even though I don't really have that much faith in Pacheco or his future at the club.

Tbf aquilani's made it quite clear he doesn't want to be at liverpool, or at least it seems that way, so we should just get rid of him and look for somebody else who does want to play for us.
Reply 18
Original post by kuks
Other rumoured targets:
Juan Mata
Phil Jones
Gary Cahill
Blaise Matuidi
Ashley Young

Who is Phil Jones btw, i saw this the other day thought who the **** is that? Am I being stupid or is he an unknown entity
Reply 19

Original post by kuks
Other rumoured targets:
Juan Mata
Phil Jones
Gary Cahill
Blaise Matuidi
Ashley Young

Phil Jones and Juan Mata would definitely be enjoyable puchases :coma:

Latest