The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by maxcartwright
does anyone know how long it takes exeter to reply? Im on a gap year so I already have my results.

quite a few people, like 3, in my school already have offers from them
Reply 1081
Original post by mpc1
fantastic! when did you apply and at what time did you receive the ucas email?

I applied exactly two weeks ago and got the email from track at 16:17 and from Glasgow uni at 16:44 :smile:
Reply 1082
Original post by maxcartwright
does anyone know how long it takes exeter to reply? Im on a gap year so I already have my results.

i'm in exactly the same position as you! what are you applying for?
Original post by BexyBear
i'm in exactly the same position as you! what are you applying for?

international relations:biggrin: you? I haven't been able to get down there to see it but the course and campus looks great :smile:
Reply 1084
I only live like 30mins from Exeter and my friend is there at the moment, it looks so good, it makes me sad to stay with her :frown: I'm applying for Applied Psychology.
Waiting for reference to be attached. Panicking now.
wish i had applied to 'easier unis' lol, i sent mine off like 3 weeks ago and no offers. My friend sent hers off last friday and now has 3 offers!!
Reply 1087
GOT AN OFFER FROM NOTTINGHAM :redface:

:biggrin: AAB though :/ ahaha.

sent my application off on the 7th..
Keep obsessively refreshing my inbox. Tell me I'm not alone ;L.
Reply 1089
Original post by lucyhoneychurch

Not alone. Do you know if Southampton sends acknowledgments??
Original post by Tsuki
Not alone. Do you know if Southampton sends acknowledgments??

I've heard that Southampton are infamously lethargic with their acknowledgements, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Loads of my friends have offers now... I feel left out:frown:
Original post by lucyhoneychurch

definitely not alone :tongue:
Got 3 out of 4 acknowledgements through now though, yay :biggrin:
Reply 1092
Original post by milkytea
I've heard that Southampton are infamously lethargic with their acknowledgements, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Loads of my friends have offers now... I feel left out:frown:

Oh that's terrible. None of my friends applied to UK already, I'm an international applicant; but I'm reading about so many people getting offers here and some even applied after I did! When did you send off your application?
Original post by Tsuki
Oh that's terrible. None of my friends applied to UK already, I'm an international applicant; but I'm reading about so many people getting offers here and some even applied after I did! When did you send off your application?

I'm not sure exactly, about October the 10th, I believe. My college were unbelievably slow in completing my reference.
Reply 1094
Original post by Tsuki
I'm an international applicant; but I'm reading about so many people getting offers here and some even applied after I did!

When did you apply? what are your choices?
You sent it 6 days ago... it only gets worse.
Original post by geekinthemaking
Oh right thanks, hopefully they'll process it tomorrow, if not i'll give them a ring next week.. I just logged onto track from last year and it still works but doesn't let me log in with my new ID or old ID and new username.. hmm. Personal statement got re-written pretty much and reference got tweaked so could be..

Use the 'forgot my details' function on Track and get all your details - Ucas ID, username, password. You should be able to log on with those details and see that (if) it has been processed. If that doesn't work, then call UCAS - but it should work in 99% of cases. :smile:
Reply 1097
Original post by mpc1
When did you apply? what are your choices?

On 15th. To Oxford, LSE, UCL, Sheffield and Southampton. For Economics, E&M in Oxford. Bit ambitious with the choices really, especially coz my school isn't very willing to make A* predictions but thankfully I already have my A* in Maths :smile:
Reply 1098
Original post by milkytea
I'm not sure exactly, about October the 10th, I believe. My college were unbelievably slow in completing my reference.

Oh mine was pretty fast! Good thing too, I was completely running out of time
Probably won't make you feel better but I got my first offer earlier around 30 mins after posting in this thread!

Quick Reply

Latest