The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Anyone applied to Northampton?

also is anyone else applying there for English?

Just wondering if anyone has had offers there yet? I have also yet to meet anyone who is applying there for english.

Getting a tad nervous about it. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've changed one of my choices, from Buckingham, to do English at Northampton.

I think the course looks really good, could be an insurance choice for me.

I haven't heard anything back, but they only received my application two days ago.

I recieved a condition offer this morning, subject to me getting a C in English.
(edited 12 years ago)
Northampton
Visit website
I've applied and had an offer from Northampton for Economics/Business 260 pts

Looked around the uni during August, so I didn't see accomodation. I'll most likely look again when I get all my offers.
Reply 3
Original post by RustyDavies
I've changed one of my choices, from Buckingham, to do English at Northampton.

I think the course looks really good, could be an insurance choice for me.

I haven't heard anything back, but they only received my application two days ago.

I recieved a condition offer this morning, subject to me getting a C in English.

Ive got the same offer :biggrin: It's nice to fianlly find someone ese who is doing English there, is it going to be your insurance?
Reply 4
Original post by echeee
Ive got the same offer :biggrin: It's nice to fianlly find someone ese who is doing English there, is it going to be your insurance?

Possibly, I have to decide between Northampton and Liverpool John Moors. Northampton seems to have a better English program, in my opinion.

Is Northampton your insurance??
Reply 5
Original post by screamaimash
I've applied and had an offer from Northampton for Economics/Business 260 pts

Looked around the uni during August, so I didn't see accomodation. I'll most likely look again when I get all my offers.

Is it going to be one of your main choices? What did you think of what you did see?

Possibly, I have to decide between Northampton and Liverpool John Moors. Northampton seems to have a better English program, in my opinion.

Is Northampton your insurance??

It could possibly be both my insurance and firm lol. I applied there twice for different english subjects. It'll most certainly be my firm though. :smile:

Have you been to see the uni?
Reply 6
Original post by echeee
It could possibly be both my insurance and firm lol. I applied there twice for different english subjects. It'll most certainly be my firm though. :smile:

Have you been to see the uni?

I'm guessing you like Northampton lots then?

I haven't been to see Northampton yet, I will after New Year I think.

Is it nice there??
Reply 7
I'm guessing you like Northampton lots then?

I haven't been to see Northampton yet, I will after New Year I think.

Is it nice there??

I really like the town and areas around it, plus I have a few friends there and the english course seems interesting.

I haven't been to see the uni yet, hoping to go in the new year, the town its self is nice though, it has everything you need.
Reply 8
I live in Northampton, you will most likely regret coming here.
Reply 9
Original post by Obadetona
I live in Northampton, you will most likely regret coming here.

I lived there for a short period and happened to like it there.
Original post by echeee
Is it going to be one of your main choices? What did you think of what you did see?

Yeah, it was nice. The actual campus (park) was really nice but it was limited in my opinion because I wasn't able to look at accomodation. Also, all my taster sessions weren't in lecture theatres but in rooms for group study, which is nice in a way.

I'd say it's a mid choice. I've got to see how I do on January modules before making a decision.
Reply 11
hiya,
im applying for interior design:smile: is anyone applying for art courses? is it hard to get in?:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by lesscommon
hiya,
im applying for interior design:smile: is anyone applying for art courses? is it hard to get in?:smile:

I've heard of a few people applying for art courses and fashion courses. Tbh I don't think it's all that hard to get into NHampton :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by echeee

Original post by echeee
I've heard of a few people applying for art courses and fashion courses. Tbh I don't think it's all that hard to get into NHampton :tongue:

ah thats good to hear:smile: im just so nervous about my interview and all that haha
Reply 14
ah thats good to hear:smile: im just so nervous about my interview and all that haha

Do you have a YouGo account? It's a partner website with UCAS, theres a fair number of people on there who are applying to Northants for Art :smile:

and good luck with your exam :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by echeee

Original post by echeee
Do you have a YouGo account? It's a partner website with UCAS, theres a fair number of people on there who are applying to Northants for Art :smile:

and good luck with your exam :biggrin:

nope i dont it wouldn't let me log in as i dont have my track number yet:/ ahh really wanna talk to those people:frown:

and thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 16
nope i dont it wouldn't let me log in as i dont have my track number yet:/ ahh really wanna talk to those people:frown:

and thank you! :biggrin:

Sorry I meant interview :tongue:
If you've sent your UCAS, if you just ask track for a password reminder they'll send you your details through email without your letter :tongue:
Reply 17
Original post by echeee

Original post by echeee
Sorry I meant interview :tongue:
If you've sent your UCAS, if you just ask track for a password reminder they'll send you your details through email without your letter :tongue:

ahh i see thank you! have you got any offers yet btw? :smile:
Reply 18
ahh i see thank you! have you got any offers yet btw? :smile:

I've got 4/5 so far, waiting on the last one to get back to me :]
Have you had many even though your letter hasnt come yet? :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by echeee

Original post by echeee
I've got 4/5 so far, waiting on the last one to get back to me :]
Have you had many even though your letter hasnt come yet? :biggrin:

ahh congratz!
nope, three unis sent me an email saying my application is going through the admission office, so i might ge interviews really soon:/

Quick Reply

Latest