The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MuftiMan123
I think that's quite a good observation. I'm definitely a bit more relieved but I still want to pick up the phone and give them a ring, lol.

In regards to your Leeds Met post - any idea if that involves the Pre-reg MSc. too?

Not sure. Best to check with the Uni. I know its definitely the reason for the BSc course though.
Original post by catrin93
Hi, I had an interview at bham in November, didn't get it, but it only lasts about 20mins plus a pre-interview task for about 30mins which they will then discuss with you in the interview. Mine was a situation about stroke patients on a neurology ward and they ask you about communicating, other health professionals you'll be in contact with, treatment needed and things like that :smile: its a casual conversation really :smile: good luck!

I had the exact same!

Interview was completley different to ox brookes though which was a shock! asked me things about being a health professional and code of conducts!! Was not expecting that mehh!!
hi! im new to all this but i think its great! i was just wondering how long it took for oxford brookes to make an offer/rejection after interview? has anyone heard from them yet? thanks!! :smile:
Reply 663
Has anybody heard anything from Nottingham or Sheffield Hallam yet for physio 2012 entry? I've had replies from my other three choices but those two haven't said a word. just wondering if anybody has heard anything?? Thanks :smile:
Reply 664
Original post by mayonaiise

I had the exact same!

Interview was completley different to ox brookes though which was a shock! asked me things about being a health professional and code of conducts!! Was not expecting that mehh!!

Codes of conducts :O didn't get that luckily! Did you have the same situation with the stroke patients? I quite liked it, lots to say :smile: did you get an offer ?
Reply 665
Original post by eswift42
Has anybody heard anything from Nottingham or Sheffield Hallam yet for physio 2012 entry? I've had replies from my other three choices but those two haven't said a word. just wondering if anybody has heard anything?? Thanks :smile:

I haven't heard from either of them either but I think they've started rejecting people so hopefully it's a good sign we haven't heard yet!
Reply 666

I got a rejection from Nottingham a week ago, absolutely gutted because it was my first choice! They didn't give a reason or anything >:frown:
Original post by hannahwk
yeah i was so so nervous! haha and i felt like i hadn't proved myself to them so i was a bit disheartened after the interview, but a week later i got a conditional from them so im so chuffed :smile: whens your interview? oh your welcome! hope everything goes well for you :smile:

so I was I! I had my interview there yesterday. I felt exactly the same as you, i didn't really think I had the chance to say everything I wanted to :l hopefully they will get back to me soon-ish, i hate the suspence haha. aw well done! thankyou, and the same to you :smile:
Original post by catrin93
Codes of conducts :O didn't get that luckily! Did you have the same situation with the stroke patients? I quite liked it, lots to say :smile: did you get an offer ?

They asked me what it would mean to me be a health professional. How do you answer that on the spot?! Haha

I had the mobility questions :smile:

I have had offers from cardiff, ox brookes, and uwe :smile: you?
Reply 669
Original post by Milly C W

Original post by Milly C W
I haven't heard from either of them either but I think they've started rejecting people so hopefully it's a good sign we haven't heard yet!

ooh ok that could maybe be a good thing then (hopefully). Do you know if they interview everyone for nottingham, or just the people they are unsure about?
Reply 670
Hi
I've applied to southampton, bournemouth, oxford brookes, brunel and cardiff.
has anyone had an interview from bournemouth or brunel? what are they made up of?
Reply 671

They asked me what it would mean to me be a health professional. How do you answer that on the spot?! Haha

I had the mobility questions :smile:

I have had offers from cardiff, ox brookes, and uwe :smile: you?

They asked me what made me want to do physio, that was tough to answer on the spot too! I don't have a clue why I just want to! I've had offers from Cardiff and UWE too! :smile: I need to visit UWE tho as I missed the open day but it seems really nice :smile: have you been there? Not sure about Cardiff cos its where I live and ideally want to move away to experience proper uni life :biggrin:
I had the exact same!

Ah really?! They asked me stuff about those two things at my Bham interview yesterday!! :redface:
hi :biggrin: anyone else at the Brighton interviews yesterday?
I was talking to a few there but just wondering how any1 else felt they went? :biggrin:
Has anyone heard from University of Birmingham or Coventry, hows the interview process?
Reply 675
Original post by chloejessica

Aww it's such a good feeling to get it out of the way though! Hope everything goes well for you :smile:
Reply 676
Anybody got an interview for liverpool on 15th of feb? :smile:
Reply 677
ooh ok that could maybe be a good thing then (hopefully). Do you know if they interview everyone for nottingham, or just the people they are unsure about?

According to Nottinghams website and their talk on the open day they said they separate applications into 'good' and 'excellent'.. Those in the good category and anything else get rejected and those in excellent category are sorted through again and approx 200 people get interviews.. Hope this helps
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 678
Original post by BennyBlanco1

Original post by BennyBlanco1
Has anyone heard from University of Birmingham or Coventry, hows the interview process?

I've had an offer from Leicester which is a Coventry based degree and they didn't interview, but i'm not sure if Leicester applicants go through the Coventry selection process or whether its completely separate. Sorry i wasn't more helpful.
Reply 679
I've got an offer from Birmingham, and they did interview me back at the beginning of December. They gave you a case study to think about, with some questions, before you went in, and then talked about that in the interview, along with all the usual "Why do you want to be a physio" "Why Birmingham" "What characteristics does a physio require" etc. They also asked me why I didn't apply for medicine, which was slightly different, but they were really nice.

Quick Reply

Latest