The Student Room Group

Peninsula dentistry. . 2011 /2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
I got 19.33 out of 21, 21 is what you need for a firm offer.

Bloody hell so close. You did well, if places become free you will take them.

Good luck dental tech
Reply 261
Original post by X-tine

Good luck dental tech

Thank you I had 20. I wish we both could have made it. Never mind chin up ! Always next year x x
Reply 262
Original post by X-tine
Hi

I got a letter saying I'm on a deferred decisions. I called to day and the lady said they don't want to give me a no without checking other people in Feb interviews. She said I still stand a very good chance as they had to turn loads of people down and they are only seeing 10 more people in Feb. I'm not shocked, thinking back my nerves did not help me, but i did well at the questions; but i was worried i might have talked too fast. This is not what they want as a dentist, someone talking so fast that they can't understand you lol. Its funny because in my practice i don't talk fast at all, its bloody nerves.

Good luck to everyone that made it. Dental Tech, you still have a good chance.

Thank you ! :smile: good luck too! I was told there were 10 places and 18 left to interview x x
Reply 263
So we have a 30% chance, it's better than nothing!
Reply 264
Original post by X-tine

Good luck dental tech

Have u applied anywhere else ? X
Reply 265
Got the offer letter through this morning, how exciting! Doesn't quite feel real though!! xxx
Original post by ap32g09
Got the offer letter through this morning, how exciting! Doesn't quite feel real though!! xxx

Got the letters too...can't wait for sept to come round :smile:.

Do you or any1 else know how the rotation works at Pen between exeter, truro and plymouth?
Original post by abdulazizi

Do you or any1 else know how the rotation works at Pen between exeter, truro and plymouth?

I think the first two years are mainly in Plymouth at Portland Square, and some clinical time is spent at Devonport and Derriford in Plymouth as well. In the 1st year you also spend some time (one day a week I think) in Exeter at the clinical facility in Heavitree hospital. In year 3 you spend approximately 3 months in Truro, rest of the year is spent around the various facilities in Plymouth. Year 4 you spend four days a week at Derriford. So yeah the bulk of the course is in Plymouth, with some time in Exeter and Truro in years 1 and 3. This is information I picked up from the interview day, open day and the prospectus :smile:
Reply 268

Can't wait for septemeber! Feels soooo far away but then im sure it will come around quickly as time always goes so quickly! Have u already graduated or do need to finish your degree this year?

Yeh most of our time will be in plymouth and when I went on the open day the lady said our accomodation will be paid for when we have to go to truro for three months (don't know if that still the case tho)!

It's been such a long time since applying at A-levels then year out and then uni, but now it's looking like the dream will become a reality and all this determination will pay off! Still got to get the 2.1 tho, but that should be fine...
@amalgamation...thanks for the info mate..really appreciate it. i was too excited at the IV day so wasnt listenin to the lady hehe. :tongue:

@ap32g09....unfortunately i need to finish my degree this year but avin the offer will hopefully give me the extra motivation lol. what r u studyin if u dont mind me askin?
Reply 270
Im studying biomedical science, how about you abdulazizi?
Reply 271
hey does anybody know if we will be able to get any financial help regarding living costs and if so anyone got any information on it? x
Reply 272
Original post by sarabds
hey does anybody know if we will be able to get any financial help regarding living costs and if so anyone got any information on it? x

Pretty sure we get a maintenance loan in the first year and then an nhs bursary in years 2-4... think is its means tested still on our parents income which is annoying since we will be mature students!
Original post by ap32g09
Im studying biomedical science, how about you abdulazizi?

Ahh good...im also studyin biomed:cool: hope ur enjoin it
Ahh good...im also studyin biomed:cool: hope ur enjoin it

Just out of interest, any successful applicants NOT studying biomed? (or healthcare / dental related background)
Reply 275
Original post by cptKernow
Just out of interest, any successful applicants NOT studying biomed? (or healthcare / dental related background)

Yep, I applied coming from a Biochemistry undergraduate degree background.
Reply 276
Is anyone with a peninsula offer going to the open day at the end of march?x
My offer to study dentistry at Peninsula was withdrawn on Monday due to some complications so now somebody on the waiting list will get their chance!! Don't give up hope!!
Reply 278
Original post by Ballaholic
My offer to study dentistry at Peninsula was withdrawn on Monday due to some complications so now somebody on the waiting list will get their chance!! Don't give up hope!!

OMG ballaholic what happened???? x
Original post by sarabds
OMG ballaholic what happened???? x

Just some stuff about my time in university. Not a big deal, got an offer from King's so I'm as happy as can be!!

Quick Reply

Latest