The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9100
Fuuuu insomnia
I was a member of that forum since 2009. He is advertising the members that he kicked off without warning in his before and after pictures. First class ****.
free £5 on ebay

go on and order whatyou want, when you get to the checkout type in CUKFB1 in the redeem code box.
Original post by Motorbiker
Nearly at 2*BW?
I thought you were a swole brah with epic lifts of way over 2*BW deads...

What weigh you at with what lifts?

Nah bro. I've only been lifting about 2 months. My stats are worth nada.
Original post by commandant
free £5 on ebay

go on and order whatyou want, when you get to the checkout type in CUKFB1 in the redeem code box.

a google search reckons that, the code is dead now, but you only find out once you have committed to buy.
Original post by u4m1r
Fuuuu insomnia

same brah went bed at 12 never got any sleep what-so ever, ended up getting 3 hours sleep and i'm ill......LOSING ALL MA GAINZ! wish i had a home gym mayne.

brahs whats this kony stuff about?
Original post by Gallium
brahs whats this kony stuff about?

People want to make some warlord in Uganda famous so the US commits to arresting him. Apparently he builds up an army from kids he's abducted, the boys soldiers the girls sex slaves. Disgusting stuff really.

The irony for me is if the US do get involved slightly less bad things will happen but on a far larger scale.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JasonTerryIsMyHero
People want to make some warlord in Uganda famous so the US commits to arresting him. Apparently he builds up an army from kids he's abducted, the boys soldiers the girls sex slaves. Disgusting stuff really.

The irony for me is if the US do get involved slightly less bad things will happen but on a far larger scale.

well if the ugandan government can;'t find him after 10 years how do they expect the us to do it in 1?

Damn, gives me hope. Thanks.

Also, why would you bother going on SL forum? Would it not just be filled with mainly very weak individuals who are all asking for help? Seems pointless. I guess when it was free it makes sense. Then it became closed community but free - right? Now you got to pay. For what?
Original post by Gallium
well if the ugandan government can;'t find him after 10 years how do they expect the us to do it in 1?

I imagine there's a lot of politics involved that none of us have a fecking clue about.

It's basically a campaign, with obviously good intentions, designed to capture the imaginations of impressionable formerly apolitical young people. Personally think you'd be better off getting involved in amnesty but hey what do I know.
Re: Kony 2012

I haven't watched it but I know briefly what it's about. What I find a little funny or ironic is how all these 18-25 year olds hate the US for going into all these countries - "OMG why did they go into Iraq, they're not the world's policeman, they need to stop!".

But now they're all gonna be saying "OMG why isn't America doing anything, aren't they meant to be the world's policeman?".

****ing Liberal *****.
Original post by Michael XYZ

I haven't watched it but I know briefly what it's about. What I find a little funny or ironic is how all these 18-25 year olds hate the US for going into all these countries - "OMG why did they go into Iraq, they're not the world's policeman, they need to stop!".

But now they're all gonna be saying "OMG why isn't America doing anything, aren't they meant to be the world's policeman?".

****ing Liberal *****.

Agree.

If someone said 'I only give a **** about UK charities, don't give a **** about people abroad etc' they would be branded a racist. Yet if people get treated like **** in foreign countries like people was by the Taliban in Afghanistan, then people say we should just mind our own business and shouldn't have got involved. Now they suddenly don't care about foreigners.

Me personally I care for human rights across the globe and if that means getting involved in other countries affairs then so be it. Equal rights and democracy is right, that just isn't me being brainwashed by Western media. If we have to bomb a country to make it a better place in the future, then so be it.

But we should definitely leave Iran alone.
Original post by The Troll Toll
90 kg lean at 6'4 just means skinny. Be more aggressive with both your squatting and weight gain.

Meh. Out of interest how tall/heavy are you?

Original post by desijut
When you squat do your hamstrings/glutes feel worked? Sounds like a form issue if it's only your quads working

Not at all. At what point in the squat should I be feeling them?

Original post by t0ffee
How many times have you tried and failed it? I found when I started lifting I had to break my body in when it came to pushing it, so just tried heavy weights until I couldnt lift them up/get out of the hole etc. Then I knew where I could actually push myself to - and how I felt when I was going to fail.

Lots of people push themselves till they feel they're gonna fail but don't - then constantly underperform.

I tried 90kg twice the other day, couldn't get out of the hole. The negatives gave me DOMS for 3 days though :d haha.
Original post by Michael XYZ

****ing Liberal *****.

you're painting it far too black and white though.

the reasons for going into Iraq were nowhere near as reasonable/honest as the situations where most people DO want western governments to get involved (and they rarely do), ie. genocide and crimes against humanity

So comparing the two is pretty much redundant.
I get frustrated by people jumping on the bandwagon. I don't know, it's good they care but it all seems fake - it's gone viral and now everyone cares.

Well, ****, why didn't you care about any of this earlier on? Because you didn't know, okay, but then aware yourself that there are worst things than this happening in the World. Or do they have to wait till someone makes a 30 minute video about them too for them to care?

Just don't like people blowing up Facebook about it thinking that putting "Kony 2012" as their profile picture is going to REALLY help.
Reply 9116

Not at all. At what point in the squat should I be feeling them?

I tried 90kg twice the other day, couldn't get out of the hole. The negatives gave me DOMS for 3 days though :d haha.

Well at least you know at what point you fail at. Drop off 10kg, squat twice a week and build up.

If you are 6'4 and 90kg you need to put on some weight as well.

Hows your deadlift?
I assume some of you grill your chicken in the fat reducing grills. What "portion" size do you have? Two looks pretty small tbh, but is of course cheapest.

Sucks that I left mine at uni last year :frown:
Also, there's a lot of information out there that the charity sucks and the dude who made the video is on like $100,000 a year.

I think information on this is on Reddit.

5'10, about 85kg now and feeling quite weak because of it. I would rather be up around 90.

Latest