The Student Room Group

Inspiration for all those who start revising very late, you can get good grades!

Okay, today i recieved my A2 exam results from the January exams. I posted numerous times on here asking if i had started too late etc.
So if your reading this around exam time, you still can get A's etc. I had 5 exams within 2 weeks and i only started revising in January about a week before my first exam. I remember thinking i would never be able to get A's and i would have to resit in the summer, however this is what i achieved:

84/100 ums (A) after revising 3 days before the exam.
89/100 ums(A) 1 weeks revision
89/100 ums (A) 5 days revision
73/100 (B) and 83/100 (A) did no revision for either as it was general studies.

I posted this, i when i was worrying about my exams i would google 'have i left my revision too late' etc. and so if you have done the same, this is meant to encourage you that you can still do well. :P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks, feel a bit better and gonna get to work lol.
Original post by Nacho King
Okay, today i recieved my A2 exam results from the January exams. I posted numerous times on here asking if i had started too late etc.
So if your reading this around exam time, you still can get A's etc. I had 5 exams within 2 weeks and i only started revising in January about a week before my first exam. I remember thinking i would never be able to get A's and i would have to resit in the summer, however this is what i achieved:

I posted this, i when i was worrying about my exams i would google 'have i left my revision too late' etc. and so if you have done the same, this is meant to encourage you that you can still do well. :P

Poorly disguised 'look at my results' thread..
Reply 3
What subjects did you do?

Spoiler

negs? I was jus sayin'...
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't care..
Reply 5
Original post by matthew769
Poorly disguised 'look at my results' thread..

Haha no, my results were good for limited revision, but i would have prefered higher. This is purely to motivate those who trundle along to this thread in the June a week before their exams that they are worried about because they haven't started revising yet etc.
Well played but not everyone can do that. I did (what seems) to be a lot more revision than you and yet I got worse marks. Everyone's different and although it may work for you, leaving things until the last minute doesn't always work. Nice one though.
Reply 7
Haha no, my results were good for limited revision, but i would have prefered higher. This is purely to motivate those who trundle along to this thread in the June a week before their exams that they are worried about because they haven't started revising yet etc.

There's no way this thread will be alive in June
Reply 8
Are you dense?

Just because it works for you, it doesn't mean it will work for other people due to different learning styles and performances during exams.

Absolutely dreadful advice.
Reply 9
What are your revision techniques?

Well done on achieving those grades :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by pinda.college
I don't care..

You wouldn't, would you?
You didn't say what subjects you achieved those in first of all..

Second, you should never inspire anyone to last-minute revision. You might have been able to, perhaps due to good exam technique, but others might not be able to :s

Especially if its a science/maths subjects where you need to be apply your knowledge..
But the moral of the story is that while it's good that you achieved those grades, it's better to avoid the panic by revising earlier in the year.
Oh, right, great.
I started revising in November and I did terribley.
Reply 14
Original post by Medicina
What are your revision techniques?

Well done on achieving those grades :biggrin:

I think exam technique is important in getting a good grade, also if it is last minute revision you are doing then quickly scan through the topics in the textbook and look for general things you could include in any answer, for example economies of scale and price elasticity of demand can be put into alot of business questions somewhere. Then in the exam, if you haven't revised then you need to have an open mind on the questions if you don't have the exact answer and try to link in the general topics in somewhere, as your knowledge is limited you need to try and expand on the limited points you make as well as you can. Evaluation and analysis is more important than content so just try and justify and evaluate all your points no matter how poorly you do it.
This is the technique i used for my business unit 3 exam and scored 84/100.

Sorry for my explaination being so poor, these exams were 2 months ago and i can't really remember my technique very well. Hope it helps you.
Reply 15
You just gifted clever kid, i know people who revise for weeks and never get this far.
Reply 16
I was sort of similar for my january exams
A History 86/100 - Revised for the 3 hours before the exam.
A Law 68/80 - Revised night before the exam
B Sociology 58/80 - Revised night before the exam
I personally think I should of revised to do better but it just shows that revision isnt everything. Some people can revise for months and get C's and D's.
Reply 17

all depends on the persons ability and how much work (homework) u did, not every1 can leave it so late
Reply 18
Original post by deano0417
I was sort of similar for my january exams
A History 86/100 - Revised for the 3 hours before the exam.
A Law 68/80 - Revised night before the exam
B Sociology 58/80 - Revised night before the exam
I personally think I should of revised to do better but it just shows that revision isnt everything. Some people can revise for months and get C's and D's.

There great results for the amount of revision you did, but like you say you would of liked higher results but i guess you can't complain since you didn't bother to revise properly right?
good memory ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending