The Student Room Group

Child Nursing 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Hi there! It's really nice to actually find some child nurses around.. I feel like we're a dying breed compared to the hundreds of adult nurses at each uni :tongue: has anyone applied to KCL here? I've just firmed my choice and it would be good to speak to other students who are looking to go there :smile:
Hi guys. I'm a 3rd year nursing student so feel free to ask any questions.
Just some advice regarding maths tests! Practice, practice practice. Drug calculations, infusions rates, calculating fluid balances and fluid requirement are so so important in nursing. More so in childrens nursing as everything is based on the child's weight. therefore you have to on the ball with your numeracy. Mentors in practice will put you on the spot for calculating drugs! and there are numeracy tests every year where you have to get 80% to pass (they get harder each year)
Good luck to you all.
Reply 282
Hi has anyone applied to Herts? N heard anything? All I have had is an email acknowledging my application n that was months ago Thanks x
Anyone have a conditional from DMU & want to tell me what alevels/course & grades they are predicted? Also how did your interviews go? I just got rejected from coventry & this is my last hope :frown: thanks for your help x
when was your interview at coventry? Mine was january and I am still waiting to hear from them. I've got an offer from BCU and they want BBB
Original post by ClaraCluck
when was your interview at coventry? Mine was january and I am still waiting to hear from them. I've got an offer from BCU and they want BBB

I thoght BCU was BCC as an offer? thats what ive been asked to achieve (260 ucas)
i thought that but that is what came through on my offer, might phone them up on monday and ask them to check, I did think it was a little high

It was in jan :smile: good luck! I wish i applied there
Original post by Hells205
Hi has anyone applied to Herts? N heard anything? All I have had is an email acknowledging my application n that was months ago Thanks x

Hi! I applied to herts and have an interview on April 25th!
Reply 289
So following my unsuccessful from Coventry and now that all 5 interviews r done,this is where I stand:-
BCU - unconditional
Oxford Brooke's - unsuccessful
Coventry - unsuccessful
Bedfordshire - waiting for an offer
Northampton - waiting for an offer

Anyone else waiting for anything from Northampton, I loved it there
When did you hear from coventry, im still waiting and its killing me, i sooo much wanna go there xx
Reply 291
When did you hear from coventry, im still waiting and its killing me, i sooo much wanna go there xx

Found out yesterday evening. Maybe the fact that you haven't heard anything is a good thing. Fingers are crossed 4 u x
Reply 292
Original post by Siany_oranges
Hi! I applied to herts and have an interview on April 25th!

Thanks hopefully I will hear something soon then n good luck with your interview
anybody heard from coventry?
Reply 294
Still waiting for coventry to let me know their decision :frown: good luck to everyone :smile: xx
Got an unsuccessful at coventry heard friday :/ good luck to everyone else though!

I've just accepted a conditional at DMU with a firm, so hopefully i'll get in there! Anyone else going? very excited! xxxxxxxx
Reply 296
Original post by emmieaston
Got an unsuccessful at coventry heard friday :/ good luck to everyone else though!

I've just accepted a conditional at DMU with a firm, so hopefully i'll get in there! Anyone else going? very excited! xxxxxxxx

I have an offer from DMU aswell :smile: waiting to heaback from coventry before i make my decision. Have you applied for anywhere else? xxx
Original post by EmmaDaisy
I have an offer from DMU aswell :smile: waiting to heaback from coventry before i make my decision. Have you applied for anywhere else? xxx

oh wicked :biggrin: i did but i got unsuccesfuls from sheffield hallam, cov, & worcester ;/ where abouts do you live?
Original post by StarStar_31
Hey peeps! I'm applying to Child Nursing for 2012 at City, Coventry, Hertfordshire & London South Bank... I'm pretty excited and I wanted to see/know if there were any other future Paediatric Nurses applying to the same Universitys to discuss bits and bobs! haha

Peace and love :smile:

Hello, Im applying for Children's Nursing at Coventry too , i had my interview two months ago but still no reply :frown: x
Original post by EmmaDaisy
Still waiting for coventry to let me know their decision :frown: good luck to everyone :smile: xx

I just received my first bit off feedback, unsuccessful at Cardiff but i had an interview at all the universities I applied for and I'm also still waiting to hear from Coventry, my interview was on Jan 14th, been a long wait :frown: Im also waiting to hear from edge hill, swansea and birmingam city xx

Quick Reply

Latest