The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Have you tried outright asking them for antidepressants?

Maybe they think you don't want them. There's also the fact that antidepressants aren't so effective for mild to moderate depression so if you're classed as one of them the talk therapy is the recommended treatment. Maybe make sure that you're giving the full picture to the doctor. When I went to see them I wrote everything down and he gave me antidepressants that day because he thought I was so severely depressed that he didn't want to waste time. If you've told them exactly how depressed you are and still aren't getting drugs, maybe it's time to see another doctor who might be more willing to give you antidepressants.

2 years ago I asked maybe 2 different doctors for anti-depressants, but they both refused me. When I went to the GP last month I didn't bother asking for ADs, just told him my problems and also had them written down. I think I told him as much and as best as I could, as well as doing the depression questionnaire he gave me.
Reply 9781
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, it always surprised me when we get a bunch of people wanting to join, especially when they never post in the thread. :confused:

Maybe they read a few pages and run away in fright. :colone:
_______

My stomach clearly isn't mean to handle 3 days of heavy drinking (is anybody's?) so I'm now feeling really hungry, but the thought of food just makes me want to throw up, so hungry I shall stay for now.
Original post by Nut.
_______

My stomach clearly isn't mean to handle 3 days of heavy drinking (is anybody's?) so I'm now feeling really hungry, but the thought of food just makes me want to throw up, so hungry I shall stay for now.

Maybe prioritise food tonight?

Meeting with mental health advisor, about exams. eep. So nervous. :s-smilie:
Original post by rmhumphries

Meeting at some point after next Wednesday sounds like a good plan :biggrin: Although I feel you only want to meet to see Wolf, and possibly only see her to get her socks :frown:

I am hurt by your acquisitions! I want to see you both equally :biggrin: Wolf's socks don't even come into it.

I stupidly postponed my doctor's appointment this morning and now I have to wait until Thursday. My project day is on Wednesday and I have to see the hellwench at the doctor's instead of the nice one. Last time she said I was very selfish for not recovering. And now I won't have anything to take the edge of the urge to run and hide or anything. I do this to myself :frown:
Didn't take my meds last night because they're not doing anything. Fed up of it.
Reply 9785
Original post by laut_biru
Maybe prioritise food tonight?

Meeting with mental health advisor, about exams. eep. So nervous. :s-smilie:

Yeah I know :sad:

CPN has managed to fit me in in an hours time before I crash and burn completely

Good luck! :hugs:
Original post by Nut.
Yeah I know :sad:

CPN has managed to fit me in in an hours time before I crash and burn completely

Good luck! :hugs:

I like your CPN.

Thank you.
I've just had that manic realisation moment. Been going for 2 days with no sleep, ran 7 miles this morning.
Exams season is not helpful. I just get irritated that my hyperactivity moments around this sort of time don't actually manifest themselves into effective revision. Hardly touched the books. Time goes too fast.
NEED to chill out or I'm gonna crash big time.

Hope everyone with exams and other stress is okay. Look after yourselves! :hugs:
Original post by Transcendence
Lol ur all depressed.

Actually, I'm borderline.
Original post by bullettheory

PRSOM :rofl:
rah rah rah, tired of mum lying to me/everyone all the time, it shouldn't really annoy me, seeing as most the time they're small inconsequential things she lies about, but still makes me feel so uncomfortable. plus noone ever believes me.
Officially discharged back to my CHMT :biggrin:
Original post by bananaterracottapie
rah rah rah, tired of mum lying to me/everyone all the time, it shouldn't really annoy me, seeing as most the time they're small inconsequential things she lies about, but still makes me feel so uncomfortable. plus noone ever believes me.

that sucks, no-one likes being lied to! :console: we believe you! :smile:

Original post by headunderwater
Officially discharged back to my CHMT :biggrin:

congrats! :h:

-----------------------

my mood is okay for now, still sleeping loads on the mitazapine though! and it's making me insanely hungry :erm: actually kinda glad I don't have to vote today (no elections in Bath :tongue:), is raining heavily and is a bit of a walk to the polling station, I plan to watch the results though, anticipating that doing so will leave me severely depressed though :tongue:
Reply 9793
I hated being on mirtazapine, I put on over a stone in weight after only about a month or so on that evil drug. Better than venlafaxine though, that made me suicidal.
Original post by bullettheory

No we're just mis-understood. :tongue:
Ok, totally random idea, but who's up for the next dep soc meet to be at a theme park? :biggrin:
Original post by Nut.
_______

That's just what the Ice Giants want you to do. Don't fall prey to their schemes.

And don't drink any alcohol for now, drink milk if anything it helps with the lining. Also eat soluble foods.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, you too :hugs:

Good luck with it!

Managed to say something, not the whole thing really.
I'm out of teabags! :bawling:
oh hi
Original post by Noodlzzz
Ok, totally random idea, but who's up for the next dep soc meet to be at a theme park? :biggrin:

:itsme:

Theme park would be fun - log flumes!

post number 10000 :smug:

edit: Ma 10,000 postness has been stoleded :unimpressed:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest