The Student Room Group

A2 Biology Unit 6 ~ 16th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by verdikt
Just had a query here. Could we copy/paste stuff from the marking scheme and paste it on our paper. Like for the last bit in Unit 6, the preliminary work done is always the same so can I always mention "finding out dependant variable", etc?

yes we can
but that doesnt mean we write "finding out dependant variable" , you actually have to write the dependant variable eg:- plant growth , number of shrimps etc ! mark schemes just give you outlines as what to expect in an answer ...:smile:
:smile: there you go

Original post by iesians
hey can you please send these to me ! i dont wat to make an account on TES
Reply 22
Original post by kitriviolet
:smile: there you go

thank you so much !! ....respect
Reply 23
can anyone explain me how is 0.05 a 95% confidence level and why does it even matter ...?!
omg whats that when did that appear :s-smilie:

Original post by iesians
can anyone explain me how is 0.05 a 95% confidence level and why does it even matter ...?!
Reply 25
omg whats that when did that appear :s-smilie:

almost every paper !! i just know that it is related to T test and CHI test but i dunno its significance, in mark scheme it is written that T value is greater or less than the value AT 95% CONFIDENCE LEVEL which is at 0.05 ! i dont get this !!!
which are the practicle that may probably come this time? anyone, any idea?
oh right ive checked up some papers and saw those...:s-smilie: sorry, been freaking out too much about question 3. ill see if i can ask my biology teacher today...she did the hong kong a level syllabus in her time, hopefully she knows :s-smilie:

Original post by iesians
almost every paper !! i just know that it is related to T test and CHI test but i dunno its significance, in mark scheme it is written that T value is greater or less than the value AT 95% CONFIDENCE LEVEL which is at 0.05 ! i dont get this !!!
Reply 28
oh right ive checked up some papers and saw those...:s-smilie: sorry, been freaking out too much about question 3. ill see if i can ask my biology teacher today...she did the hong kong a level syllabus in her time, hopefully she knows :s-smilie:

please do ask ! only one week left
Reply 29
ok a quick question !
describe an experiment to investingate change in temperature over rate of respiration in seedlings ? (5 marks)
Reply 30
Original post by dhym abraham
which are the practicle that may probably come this time? anyone, any idea?

i think the practical on snail habituation has a chance of coming , it has never come !!! i rerally love that practical hope it comes ,
well i also think that respirometer and spirometers can come too , they havent come either from a long time ......!!

brine shrimps wont come , it came last year , antibiotics wont come cuz it always comes !!! i wish ecological sampling doesnt come , i hate it tis so awkward and complicated !! and probably some AS practicals can come too , such as daphnia , or vitamin C !! i didnt even touch them !!!!!:confused:
Original post by iesians
i think the practical on snail habituation has a chance of coming , it has never come !!! i rerally love that practical hope it comes ,
well i also think that respirometer and spirometers can come too , they havent come either from a long time ......!!

brine shrimps wont come , it came last year , antibiotics wont come cuz it always comes !!! i wish ecological sampling doesnt come , i hate it tis so awkward and complicated !! and probably some AS practicals can come too , such as daphnia , or vitamin C !! i didnt even touch them !!!!!:confused:

Well my teacher suggested that the respirometer or spirometer thing might come...but i have a feeling it might be either daphnia or vitamin c....so damn confusing..also the planning thing is KILLING ME !!!!!
Reply 32
7 days to go :/ Ughhhhh :angry:
Reply 33
Original post by Abrar_Higuain
Well my teacher suggested that the respirometer or spirometer thing might come...but i have a feeling it might be either daphnia or vitamin c....so damn confusing..also the planning thing is KILLING ME !!!!!

daphnia is good !! but vitamin C !! OMG I THINK ILL KILL MYSELF !! thts really difficult !!! OMG yea planning is of 10 martks right !!! its the most difficult one !! i need help with vitamin C can you please tell me about it ??!
Reply 34
Original post by d_94
7 days to go :/ Ughhhhh :angry:

i need help with AS pracs i dotn remember any !!! OMGEEEEEEEE !!!! do yuo have any good strategy !!! like a super fast one cuz no time left !!!!:confused::confused::angry:
Reply 35
Original post by iesians
i need help with AS pracs i dotn remember any !!! OMGEEEEEEEE !!!! do yuo have any good strategy !!! like a super fast one cuz no time left !!!!:confused::confused::angry:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30733651/List-of-Core-Practicals-for-Edexcel-Biology-as-Exam-2010
Reply 36
Original post by d_94
No one?? This is really important!

i couldnt find a thread for this and opened one called Biology Paper 6 (6BI08) 2012 Official.. posted some resources there; so you can check out.. and we can use both of the threads.. :smile: .. i heard that theres a thread for paper 6 2011 but i couldnt find that :/ maybe we can seach the old threads for some more resources.. I need an A from biology and i cant get more than 28/50 in paper 6 !! .. ahh tough paper!! :/
Reply 37
Original post by Abrar_Higuain

they asked daphnia in p3 so probably it will be something else than daphnia..
Reply 38
Heyy everyonee.
I found this online for Unit 6.

Unit 6- Practical

The Unit 6.rar file includes:
Old syllabus past papers and mark schemes from 2003 Jan onwards.
All New syllabus past papers and mark schemes until 2011 June.
Summary and procedure of practical
Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?x2npmky2afgex
Reply 39
Original post by d_94
Heyy everyonee.
I found this online for Unit 6.

Unit 6- Practical

The Unit 6.rar file includes:
Old syllabus past papers and mark schemes from 2003 Jan onwards.
All New syllabus past papers and mark schemes until 2011 June.
Summary and procedure of practical
Link
http://www.mediafire.com/?x2npmky2afgex

OMG loved it !! thank you so much !! i wish you were in my school !!!! what do you reckon will come ..? daphnia came in unit 3 now , so ithink theres quite a chance for vitamin C this time , i hate that practical !!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending