The Student Room Group

OCR Decision 1 - 24 May 2012

Scroll to see replies

I thought the algorithm's problem was that it asks you to find Y, irrespective of if Z = 0. It should only ask you to find Y if Z > 0 or Z < 0
That was the hardest exam I have ever done! Glad everyone else found it hard though, grade boundaries should be very low!
Reply 122
did anyone get 590 as an answer for a question?
Reply 123
Original post by bigsam
did anyone get 590 as an answer for a question?

I got 600... as the upper bound...
Reply 124
scared the hell out of me..the answers looked so different on here only realising that this is OCR not aqa haha..phewwwww..
Reply 125
hinking about that exam again i think ill be lucky to get a B!
Misread a graph question as didnt see one of them needed order 4 for it so drew my last 2 graphs looking exactly the same :L . Left out 5 marks of the simplex decided to skip it to save time and then go back for the second iteration but ran out of time, didnt convert seconds to minutes, 10 marks lost on the back page as didnt get past the first part, and cant even remember what i put for the others (though think those were alright)... Disaster
Reply 126
What did people get for the lower bound algorith and the kruskal's algorithm questions?
Reply 127
on the upper bound question when you were working your way through it did you get a choice between paths at any point, i think it was the end column where there were 2 options of 130?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 128
Also i got 93 in c1 and 85 in c2 - if i now get a B overall will it mean i wont be able to get into any decent unis as my offers will be based on my current d1 mark and not the one that i will get after retaking? Thx
how many marks was question 6 worth, i missed the WHOLEEE question cuz i ran out of time :?

everything else i found okaayy,, simplex i think i got p was 26.4 forgot what z and x were
s was 2 :s
ermm first questions took agggggeeeees omg :?
Reply 130
Original post by Coolina133
how many marks was question 6 worth, i missed the WHOLEEE question cuz i ran out of time :?

everything else i found okaayy,, simplex i think i got p was 26.4 forgot what z and x were
s was 2 :s
ermm first questions took agggggeeeees omg :?

Last question was worth 13 marks im sorry to say :frown: - i unfortunately didnt get more than 3 marks on that page aswell. completely ran out of time as took so long to plug all those numbers into the algorithm
Reply 131
what was the breakdown for the last question?
Original post by FK_
Thanks, i realise now that I was thinking of the shape of a quartic not a cubic. Plus complex roots also come in pairs which makes sense now.
. Do you mind me asking what you put?

My answer was stupid, I said something about long decimals, and that the algorithm takes a long time haha I was pissed off, I think the idea that it's not accurate is probably right :tongue:
Reply 133
Ahh It wasnt just me who didnt finish the last page then haha I Personally didnt find it too hard although i didnt do good due to the fact that i didnt get it all finished

Here comes resit of D1 next year haha
Reply 134
Original post by ymyol
Also i got 93 in c1 and 85 in c2 - if i now get a B overall will it mean i wont be able to get into any decent unis as my offers will be based on my current d1 mark and not the one that i will get after retaking? Thx

I don't think it will affect it badly, normally everyone gets A's.B's,C's,D's, at A-level, and retake whatever at A2 level, and boost their grades. Even if you get lower grades at AS, you can still apply to a uni which has slightly higher requirements, for example if you get a B for maths at AS level, you could, still apply to a uni which asked for an A at A2 Level, but its just you have to retake the units that let you down in AS, and do well in A2, in order to get the A.
Reply 135
Nobody answered my question... If you do all first three correctly, how many points would you get?
Original post by BenjaminKyle
for the shopping one, did the question provide the total weight of all the arcs? (like 1200 or something)

Someone help me remember haha

Yes it did. And it was 1200 as you say.

Original post by kofanov
Nobody answered my question... If you do all first three correctly, how many points would you get?

I'm sorry, I can't remember :/
Reply 137
so glad everyone else is saying it went badly! makes me feel better :smile: last question i kept getting stupid numbers and having to go over and over the flowchart!!
Original post by bruwn
so glad everyone else is saying it went badly! makes me feel better :smile: last question i kept getting stupid numbers and having to go over and over the flowchart!!

What sort of stupid numbers?
Original post by BenjaminKyle
was the output for 6iii or whatever (when you use X=-1) also -0.2? mine just zoomed off higher and higher so that the algorithm had no end - which would make a logical transition to the next question where you talk about whether the algorithm had roots

It wasn't exactly -0.2 but it was close, just more precise I think. Unless I made a mistake, and I'm reasonably confident I didn't, it didn't keep going on forever.

Quick Reply

Latest