The Student Room Group

Athletics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by rockrunride
Thanks!

British Milers' Club. Sort of a club/race organising committee for middle distance athletes.

Oh I see, good luck for the next run. Nice to see you're doing both 800s and 1500s - endurance and speed work!
Original post by erniiee
:/ I wonder whether she'll be able to defend her Olympic title?!

:lol: he's so funny to watch, got such weird form, especially over 200! He's a big talent though, I'd say almost as much as Blake!

:excited: Ah I can't wait either!

Ahh I doubt it! She's just not on top form anymore :frown:
But then again maybe tonight with shock us :tongue:

I think the 200 may me the race in which Blake might just have an edge over him!

Watching Rome now :biggrin:
I thought bolt had slipped since all his fame... Oh how I was wrong. Excited for London is an understatement!!! 9.76 :biggrin:

Buzzing over how well ennis is prepared as well!
Reply 543
Original post by _OliviaTheOwl
Ahh I doubt it! She's just not on top form anymore :frown:
But then again maybe tonight with shock us :tongue:

I think the 200 may me the race in which Blake might just have an edge over him!

Watching Rome now :biggrin:

She didn't do too badly, 2nd place..aight :cool:

AAAAAH BOLT WAS SOO GOOD :woo: :sogood: :yay:

Original post by Glow in the dark
I thought bolt had slipped since all his fame... Oh how I was wrong. Excited for London is an understatement!!! 9.76 :biggrin:

Buzzing over how well ennis is prepared as well!

Haha, those two definitely made my week..ah so good to see Bolt back on top form! :dance:
Original post by erniiee
She didn't do too badly, 2nd place..aight :cool:

AAAAAH BOLT WAS SOO GOOD :woo: :sogood: :yay:

Mm indeed not too bad, but I think she's still got a lot of work to in time for the Olympics!

Ahh I know!!!
Lightening Bolt is back:party2:

He was at LVAC a couple days ago and this guy from my school met & got a picture with him.. so lucky!! :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hello fellow athletes / athletic followers!

I'm an 800m runner, ran 2.03 last year, big injury blah blah first 1500m of the year was 4.20 yesterday.

Hoping to get up to watford / BMC meet for a solid sub 2 :smile:
Reply 546
Original post by _OliviaTheOwl
Mm indeed not too bad, but I think she's still got a lot of work to in time for the Olympics!

Ahh I know!!!
Lightening Bolt is back:party2:

He was at LVAC a couple days ago and this guy from my school met & got a picture with him.. so lucky!! :frown:

So satisfying to watch! I'm now thinking, his season is following the format of his 2008 very closely! He had a 10.03 best, then ran 9.76 in Kingston, then broke the world record in 9.72 in New York. Won at the National Championships in 9.85, got beaten by Powell in 9.89 in Stockholm..then destroyed everyone at the Olympics :tongue: lets hope for a 9.72 or less in Oslo!
Heard Tyson Gay will be running the NYC diamond league meet. Can't wait to see him in action again. Counting down the hours to see Bolt run in Oslo on Thursday though. That'll be very exciting! I heard Liu Xiang was running again also. He's such fantastic hurdler to watch!
Original post by Alex Bampton
Hello fellow athletes / athletic followers!

I'm an 800m runner, ran 2.03 last year, big injury blah blah first 1500m of the year was 4.20 yesterday.

Hoping to get up to watford / BMC meet for a solid sub 2 :smile:

Yussss, middle distance.

Going to BMC at Wormwood Scrubs tomorrow to try and get ever closer. Did 2:00.8 in 2010, had a break from competing last year and did 2:04 for my first race this year. Been training silly hard this winter season so I hope it pays off! Did 4:09 last Weds at Watford for 1500m :biggrin:

Must say though I'm a bit of an all-rounder when it comes to running; my best event is probably the 3000m! Did 8:53 two years ago. Plus I love road running and XC. 1:59.99 recurring has always been a long term goal of mine though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 549
Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1)
Heard Tyson Gay will be running the NYC diamond league meet. Can't wait to see him in action again. Counting down the hours to see Bolt run in Oslo on Thursday though. That'll be very exciting! I heard Liu Xiang was running again also. He's such fantastic hurdler to watch!

Haha love your username :biggrin:

Really? That's such good news, as Blake will be running there too..I had no idea, where did you find out!?

And yea, I am looking forward to Thursday's meet - should be great! Hope Bolt can go sub 9.7 for the first time since Berlin. Pearson's running too!

Ah I hope the conditions aren't as windy as Eugene cos his run was great, such a shame about the wind.
Original post by erniiee
Haha love your username :biggrin:

Really? That's such good news, as Blake will be running there too..I had no idea, where did you find out!?

And yea, I am looking forward to Thursday's meet - should be great! Hope Bolt can go sub 9.7 for the first time since Berlin. Pearson's running too!

Ah I hope the conditions aren't as windy as Eugene cos his run was great, such a shame about the wind.

Haha thank you very much!
http://www.diamondleague-newyork.com/en/Live-StartlistsResults/Overview/ This is the entry lists for NYC diamond league. Gay vs. Blake is very difficult to call, but Gay's been out for a long time. Great to see both Bolt and Gay going sub 9.7 before Olympics :biggrin: Didn't realise he was running!
Fingers crossed for a nice warm evening with no wind. WR equalling in the 110H for Liu Xiang. What a shame for him. Can't wait for NYC meet now,
Original post by rockrunride
Yussss, middle distance.

Going to BMC at Wormwood Scrubs tomorrow to try and get ever closer. Did 2:00.8 in 2010, had a break from competing last year and did 2:04 for my first race this year. Been training silly hard this winter season so I hope it pays off! Did 4:09 last Weds at Watford for 1500m :biggrin:

Must say though I'm a bit of an all-rounder when it comes to running; my best event is probably the 3000m! Did 8:53 two years ago. Plus I love road running and XC. 1:59.99 recurring has always been a long term goal of mine though.

Through and through :biggrin:

That is a solid 1500m and an even better 3k! - Get a few races in this season and sub 2 will be easy because 2.04 is a great opener you have the basic endurance just a bit of speed-endurance needed maybe?

Will watch this thread because am interested in sessions etc, obviously mine are all geared towards 800. Ie Thurs is 4 x (300m, 100 jog, 200m).

Racing this Sat will be happy with a 2.04 this early on and will try a 400 too.

Good luck tomorrow! :smile:
Anybody see the Oslo meet tonight? Thorkildsen looked seriously off the pace, and was gutted for Ennis and Lewis-Francis getting disqualifications. Would have loved to see Jess run. Powell looked really good tonight as well, Bolt really had to work to get past him!
Reply 553
Haha thank you very much!
http://www.diamondleague-newyork.com/en/Live-StartlistsResults/Overview/ This is the entry lists for NYC diamond league. Gay vs. Blake is very difficult to call, but Gay's been out for a long time. Great to see both Bolt and Gay going sub 9.7 before Olympics :biggrin: Didn't realise he was running!
Fingers crossed for a nice warm evening with no wind. WR equalling in the 110H for Liu Xiang. What a shame for him. Can't wait for NYC meet now,

No problem :biggrin:

Ah okay, I've read that Gay's running the B race though so no clash for us! :frown:

Yea I'm really looking forward to the New York one, feel as though this Olso meet didn't measure up to Rome (neither did Eugene :/) for me.
Reply 554
Anybody see the Oslo meet tonight? Thorkildsen looked seriously off the pace, and was gutted for Ennis and Lewis-Francis getting disqualifications. Would have loved to see Jess run. Powell looked really good tonight as well, Bolt really had to work to get past him!

Yea I caught it. I'm shocked at his form, he's really gone down for me in the last 2 years..do you think he can make a decent enough comeback before the Olympics to defend his title?!

Ahhh so disappointing, Ennis especially. Lewis Francis just annoyed me because it was such poor timing from him, he didn't even wait after the "set"..also I'm gonna blame him for Bolt's slower-than-rome run..and the temperature aha.

Bolt was good - time is certainly good, but he did have to work for it! Nice to see Powell running well though, I hope he can make it a Jamaican 1, 2, 3 in the Olympics with the help of Bolt and Blake!
Original post by erniiee
No problem :biggrin:

Ah okay, I've read that Gay's running the B race though so no clash for us! :frown:

Yea I'm really looking forward to the New York one, feel as though this Olso meet didn't measure up to Rome (neither did Eugene :/) for me.

http://www.diamondleague-newyork.com/Live-StartlistsResults/Overview/Mens-100m-National-Race/
Apparently they're running in the national 100m against each other. I imagine there'll be heats for that though because there are so many that have entered. Hopefully they will be running fingers crossed!
I really enjoyed seeing Liu Xiang in Eugene, but Bolt looked off-par today, and seeing Ennis false start was a massive disappointment. But I think neither overall matched Rome. Rome for me was the best meet this year so far. Did you see Bolt's entry car today btw? Brilliant! But New York is lined up to be really competitive! here's hoping :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee
Yea I caught it. I'm shocked at his form, he's really gone down for me in the last 2 years..do you think he can make a decent enough comeback before the Olympics to defend his title?!

Ahhh so disappointing, Ennis especially. Lewis Francis just annoyed me because it was such poor timing from him, he didn't even wait after the "set"..also I'm gonna blame him for Bolt's slower-than-rome run..and the temperature aha.

Bolt was good - time is certainly good, but he did have to work for it! Nice to see Powell running well though, I hope he can make it a Jamaican 1, 2, 3 in the Olympics with the help of Bolt and Blake!

Lewis Francis seemed to have no reason to go that early like you said. The temperature could have been an issue, they were saying it was getting pretty nippy. When you look at it it's a terrific time, but he makes it look ordinary :L I like Thorkildsen as a character, and I've seen him throw 90+ not too long ago, so I really do hope he can get his form back. Got to admit it doesn't look good for him. Dai Greene for me was a disappointment too, he seems really positive though, so hopefully he comes back and puts in a performance closer to what he's capable of in the trials.
Bolt, Blake, and Powell are certainly the ones to beat. Gay has run 9.79 already this season, so see how he does in NYC. Gatlin hasn't looked half bad either. Did you hear about Adam Gemili? 10.08 at 18. Really think he could turn a few heads if he decides to go to the olympics. He tweeted me back on twitter the other day which made my day :L
Lemaitre and Lerone Clarke have been disappointing for me this season too.
just saw the highlights, bolt almost knocking that girl down :rofl: powell ran well, bolt had to work hard for that

disappointed with lewis-francis
(edited 11 years ago)
Yohan Blake will beat Bolt at the Olympics!
Reply 559
http://www.diamondleague-newyork.com/Live-StartlistsResults/Overview/Mens-100m-National-Race/
Apparently they're running in the national 100m against each other. I imagine there'll be heats for that though because there are so many that have entered. Hopefully they will be running fingers crossed!
I really enjoyed seeing Liu Xiang in Eugene, but Bolt looked off-par today, and seeing Ennis false start was a massive disappointment. But I think neither overall matched Rome. Rome for me was the best meet this year so far. Did you see Bolt's entry car today btw? Brilliant! But New York is lined up to be really competitive! here's hoping :biggrin:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/gay-plans-return-to-track-in-new-york-gp/958737/

:frown:

Definitely agree about Rome, lets hope NYC..or Paris and Monaco can match/outdo it! And yes aha! So much better than the usual cart - good work from the Oslo organisers!

Lewis Francis seemed to have no reason to go that early like you said. The temperature could have been an issue, they were saying it was getting pretty nippy. When you look at it it's a terrific time, but he makes it look ordinary :L I like Thorkildsen as a character, and I've seen him throw 90+ not too long ago, so I really do hope he can get his form back. Got to admit it doesn't look good for him. Dai Greene for me was a disappointment too, he seems really positive though, so hopefully he comes back and puts in a performance closer to what he's capable of in the trials.
Bolt, Blake, and Powell are certainly the ones to beat. Gay has run 9.79 already this season, so see how he does in NYC. Gatlin hasn't looked half bad either. Did you hear about Adam Gemili? 10.08 at 18. Really think he could turn a few heads if he decides to go to the olympics. He tweeted me back on twitter the other day which made my day :L
Lemaitre and Lerone Clarke have been disappointing for me this season too.

Yea, I reckon it probably was the temperature, and I think the pointless lane draw too - they should have had Powell and Bolt next to one another so Bolt would be responding to Powell rather than that Canadian who really shouldn't have been given such a great lane!

Ah I agree, THOR is likeable!

I hope Dai's run was just a one off, and I believe he'll come into his best form at the Olympics, just as he did last year (fingers crossed!)

Oh I don't think Gay has run yet this season - the Diamond League start lists are dragging his SB from last year I think! Needs to be sorted out, misleading! should be interesting to see how he does though :yep: Gatlin has surprised me, because he's not young! I wonder how he'll run at the US trials!

And what a talent! He really does have a difficult decision to make - Olympics or Youth Championships?! I'd go for the Olympics (if he made the team) as their in London, and he'll never get to experience that again.

He tweeted you back?! I might follow him just to get a reply from someone in Athletics for once :tongue: Bolt is yet to reply to my tweets..

Yea, I was hoping Lemaitre could top 5 this year in the 100m but I don't think that will happen, he's looking sluggish..I really did think he could run into the 9.8s as well! Lets hope he's doing better over 200 than his 100..shame for Clarke that his good indoor season hasn't really translated well into his 100 times.

Quick Reply

Latest