The Student Room Group

WJEC ICT exam IT3 13/6/12

Hi everyone,

i just wanted to know if anyone here is doing the WJEC ICT unit 3 written exam (GCSE) on the 13th? I'm really really stressed about it because my coursework marks are both C's. I have a B on my previous written, so i need to get at-least an A on this one. My teacher throughout hasn't been great, and i'm terrified of the exam coming up. If anyone else is doing it, could you reply and explain what is likely to come up?

Cheers :smile:

PS- i heard it is a new type of exam (great :eek:) has anyone got an idea what they mean by that?
Reply 1
Yeah I'm also doing it. To be honest we haven't had a great deal of information on it other than just to ''revise the text books thoroughly''. And just a quick note did you sit the ICT Unit 1 on the 1st June?
Reply 2
Original post by Dscott07
Yeah I'm also doing it. To be honest we haven't had a great deal of information on it other than just to ''revise the text books thoroughly''. And just a quick note did you sit the ICT Unit 1 on the 1st June?

I know right. Due to it being a new spec aswell there is hardly any past material. No, i did Unit 1 in January i think, the written paper right?
Original post by ba96
I know right. Due to it being a new spec aswell there is hardly any past material. No, i did Unit 1 in January i think, the written paper right?

I have it too :frown: Very worried!
Reply 4
Original post by paperclip345
I have it too :frown: Very worried!

I'm glad all of us are worried! Hahaha
Reply 5
Unit 1 on the first was really easy hopefully this one will follow suit. Though I retook unit one as everyone thought it was really easy but then got grades 2 or 3 below what they expected.
Reply 6
Scrap that! Thought you were talking about the A Level IT3!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
That was so easy. The grade boundaries are going to be so high! I finished an hour early. 2hrs 30 is far too long! How did everyone else find it?
Reply 8
Original post by TB.93
2hrs 30 is far too long!

presume your'e refering to the A-level exam then since ours was an hour and a half. I finished GCSE paper in 25 mins. 1hr 05mins of just sitting there :frown:
Original post by Jamsebob
presume your'e refering to the A-level exam then since ours was an hour and a half. I finished GCSE paper in 25 mins. 1hr 05mins of just sitting there :frown:

Same haha :P I'm reserving judgement as to whether I did well or not, you just never know with WJEC
Reply 10
So then how did everyone find today's exam???
Reply 11
What was that thing with the triangle neat the end? the one about searching? It could of been anything!!
Reply 12
It was the golden triangle it was in our revision guide although no one in our exam got it and had to look afterwards. It was only one mark though so it doesn't really matter. Did you get the second bit about explaining it.

To be fair though it was only two lines in the revision guide.
how did you find the exam overall? I'm not sure how I did.... :s I hope the grade boundaries are lower than unit 1 was last year! (and that they actually mark the papers correctly this year...)
Reply 14
Hopefully! I don't want to come back after finding it so easy and almost failing again

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191

Quick Reply

Latest