The Student Room Group

BUSS3 - Thurs 14th June - Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by WaNaBe
Requires good communication between different departments to ensure the data collected on employees is accurate and up to date etc. Can be time consuming to collect all the data.

It can be expensive to implement.

Redundancies are unpopular.

Industrial action can be taken by employees.

Thanks you :biggrin:
Reply 21
I mean THANK haha
Reply 22
What definitions has everyone been learning?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 23
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
Cramming starts today :colondollar:

In the same boat! loll
Reply 24
Can someone explain how to calculate payback please? My notes are confusing me! :colondollar:
Reply 25
Finding this hard to do much for, I know all the formulas and ratios and whats good/bad, how to work them out and I can analyse the data pretty well, just sitting and waiting
Reply 26
Original post by jjones
Can someone explain how to calculate payback please? My notes are confusing me! :colondollar:

If the businesses initial investment was say £100,000, and each year it made £20,000 off this investment, the payback period would 5 years, really simple example but payback period itself is simple, ARR is a little bit more tricky
Reply 27
Original post by SM94
Finding this hard to do much for, I know all the formulas and ratios and whats good/bad, how to work them out and I can analyse the data pretty well, just sitting and waiting

There's not that much to revise is there? I'm stressing as I feel I should revise more things! Haha

Reply 28
Original post by Louise184
There's not that much to revise is there? I'm stressing as I feel I should revise more things! Haha

Haha nope, feeling exactly the same. Just reading over notes and had a look on tutor2u they've got some good tips but not much else to do, just want it to be over....
Reply 29
Original post by SM94
Haha nope, feeling exactly the same. Just reading over notes and had a look on tutor2u they've got some good tips but not much else to do, just want it to be over....

Glad in not the only one thinking this! Yeah I'm reading over my notes double checking I know definitions, formulas, limitations and advantages of ansoff, break even, ARR etc and advantages and disadvantages of the three options! Same I wish it was in the morning!

Reply 30
Is the fontane tutor 2 u booklet? If so yeah that covers most things! Learn definitions and formulas!

Reply 31
i have the tutor2u Jim Riley strategies for success quick revision notes, so helpful!
Reply 32
Original post by beth122
i have the tutor2u Jim Riley strategies for success quick revision notes, so helpful!

Does it has stuff on this years case study fontane?

Reply 33

You already know the casestudy?
Reply 34

is that OCR? im doing AQA
Original post by SM94

I doubt it.
Reply 36
Original post by SM94

i think she's doing OCR? im on AQA!
Reply 37
Original post by scaredofexams
Hello, can you help me please?

What should I revise today? This is a resit for me and I got a C in it, but at AS I had two A's. I got my paper back and I had good marks knowledge but AWFUL evaluation. I haven't revised at all because I have been concentrating on my exams and I had one today.

I was going to focus on evaluation skills but I am worried I won't remember anything. I have a tutor2u study guide, will that be enough? :frown:

My situation is so similar to this.
I got an A overall at AS, came into the BUSS3 paper in Jan expecting to get an A, my knowledge, application and analysis was spot on. But one problem.. I have a problem finishing papers, so I hardly got past halfway on the 34 marker, therefore had NO evaluation and shoddy analysis i didn't even need my paper back to know i f***ed up. My result: B

I only just started revising today aswell.. i wouldn't panic I think it's more exam structure for us, and knowing how to approach it differently. For example now I'm gonna only make 1 point for and against in the 18 markers and really analysing and evaluating them thoroughly. Instead of shoddily making many points and wasting time like i did. Learn from mistakes, read over the notes made from before, look over past papers, dodgy things like CPA and Investment Appraisal and look over a few definitions and the knowledge should come back.

Good luck! Hopefully it goes better this time.

Reply 38
Original post by beth122
i think she's doing OCR? im on AQA!

Ahhhh I see
Reply 39
How do you use the market strategies of Porter and Ansoffs? How do you know which one to use/ talk about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending