The Student Room Group

Article: Medical school A Level requirements

Scroll to see replies

Do your predicted grades matter more than your AS ones?
Original post by Fatuma-97
Do your predicted grades matter more than your AS ones?

Well, your AS grades are used to predict your A2 grades, so they're evenly looked at, I think.
Reply 3
Do universities look at your UCAS points and grades more than extracurricular activities?
I got a C in AS chemistry and a B in AS Biology (and two As in my other subjects).

Is there any point in applying to any of these schools? Or should I just give up.
Original post by jonsnow:(
I got a C in AS chemistry and a B in AS Biology (and two As in my other subjects).

Is there any point in applying to any of these schools? Or should I just give up.

No no no please don't give up, you can do this!
I'm doing these subjects too and although they suck, I can't wait to get to uni and study medicine. It's daunting, but there are other universities that aren't mentioned on the list who require lower grades if that's what you're worried about. But come on! You can do this.

http://youtu.be/nuHfVn_cfHU

:smile:
Original post by Leilachent
No no no please don't give up, you can do this!
I'm doing these subjects too and although they suck, I can't wait to get to uni and study medicine. It's daunting, but there are other universities that aren't mentioned on the list who require lower grades if that's what you're worried about. But come on! You can do this.

http://youtu.be/nuHfVn_cfHU

:smile:

Can you name any unis with lower grade boundaries? I got AABE. Can you suggest any?
Reply 7
Can someone take a look at the Oxford requirements and clarify please because for 'other' Critical Thinking and General Studies.
With courses that list offers such as AAA, does that mean they don't look at the AS you have dropped?
Original post by Sammy9898
With courses that list offers such as AAA, does that mean they don't look at the AS you have dropped?

Aberdeen I think but they need really high ukcats
Reply 10
I did chemistry ,biology and user maths staticics

I got A*A* A. Is there a chance that I can apply for medicine next year.

its not real maths its user maths staticics pls help
Reply 11
I did chemistry ,biology and user maths staticics

I got A*A* A. Is there a chance that I can apply for medicine next year.

its not real maths its user maths staticics pls help
I Also got all Bs and one A in gcse ...do I even have a chance of doing medicine
What can international applicants without A levels or GCSEs do?
Reply 13
hi ,
my GCSE grades are :
Maths , Biology , Chemistry at grade B.
my English and human health and physiology at Grade C

I have only started my A levels this year , am I am able to apply for medicine with these grades of GCSE ?
The vast majority of med unis, if not all of them require at least a B in English so I'd definitely try to resit that if I were you. Good luck! :smile:
Hi
I just recently changed physics a level to computer science as I felt there's no point in doing a hard a level when I don't even need it for medicine. Do you guys feel this is a bad move?? And how much do Universities really care about a level physics for medicine??
Thanks
Reply 16
Original post by saba.A
hi ,
my GCSE grades are :
Maths , Biology , Chemistry at grade B.
my English and human health and physiology at Grade C

I have only started my A levels this year , am I am able to apply for medicine with these grades of GCSE ?

I have the same problem .,,.pls inform me if u found an answer
Reply 17
Original post by prahalad
Hi
I just recently changed physics a level to computer science as I felt there's no point in doing a hard a level when I don't even need it for medicine. Do you guys feel this is a bad move?? And how much do Universities really care about a level physics for medicine??
Thanks

They don't care about physics for medicine at all ... All the universities need chmistry and some require biology ....but no uni require u to have physics.
Can I study medicine in UK with only 2 A levels or do all medical schools require 3 A levels?
I'll be a mature student if i go to a med school. im currently 19 and i have no gcses, i was wondering would gcse physics, chemistry, biology, english, maths and a levels chemistry, biology and maths get me into a med school or do i have no chance.

when this is all done i will be around 23/24 so is it worth doing or should choose a different passion?

Quick Reply

Latest