The Student Room Group

WJEC Geography (AS & A2) help/discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Magicalgeofray
What a great guy :smile: thanks you
Also essays dont require too much of a introduction or conclusion as 23 minutes for 25 true marks is ridiculous, introduction just requires a definition of sustainability i would say.

Actually looking at the feedback sheets from examiners in past years, it's been said that defining sustainability itself simply wastes time, and that just using the term appropriately throughout your responses is enough.

Although I would agree on the intro/conclusion timings... I see a conclusion as more valuable than the introduction though, so possibly only 2 minutes on the intro and 5 minutes on the conclusion?
And I'm off to bed, good luck tomorrow everyone, probably wont check TSR before since I don't want to get too nervous, fingers crossed they don't sting us with any horrible questions!
Anyone have any vague notes at all for this unit? My college's online drive thingy is down, which has all of mine on it..

I'd greatly appreciate a hand.
How did everyone find it?? I thought it was okay apart from Q4
Original post by Magicalgeofray
How did everyone find it?? I thought it was okay apart from Q4

Thank god I'm not alone... The person who wrote that needs to learn some clarity!

But I thought it was good apart from that, nice 10 markers, and it was the exact reason why I said not to try to predict for Water :') One more down anyway
Original post by Kaneki
Thank god I'm not alone... The person who wrote that needs to learn some clarity!

But I thought it was good apart from that, nice 10 markers, and it was the exact reason why I said not to try to predict for Water :':wink: One more down anyway

I also found Q4 tricky, rambled on about India's urbanisation and the rapid increase in demand for energy supplies, talked about HEP, fossil fuels and nuclear. Q5 was really nice, they could have chosen a much more difficult one for that. Q2 was really good too. Grade boundaries will be high I reckon- at least 70% for an A probably.

All the best with your remaining exams :smile:
Reply 626
Question 4 was hard didnt really know hiw to stucture and what to say apaet from that ok altough number 2 was also a bit hard to answer couldnt really use resource booklet
Hi everyone, I got my AS results back for G1 and G2 (92 and 95 UMS respectively), and was wondering what I would UMS I would need to get next year for an A*? Thank you in advance! :smile:
Original post by george1999
Hi everyone, I got my AS results back for G1 and G2 (92 and 95 UMS respectively), and was wondering what I would UMS I would need to get next year for an A*? Thank you in advance! :smile:

Hi George, you would need 180 UMS next year, an A* is 80% overall and 90% in Second Year Modules, well done on the good grades!

I somehow managed 99/120 on G3 and 70/80 on G4, so managed to get my A at last!
Im currently sitting G1 and G2 this summer and they've just changed the WJEC spec. I would really appriciate some tips on how to revise/ deal with all the content as i just got a U (29%) in my mock.

I am willing to share any of my case studies/notes people need in teturn but i dont feel id be much help to anyone at the moment 😂
Hey.
I am currently revising for G4, and would find it really useful if anyone could post any sample answers that they may have. I would be more than willing to share the same answers I have. I feel like it would benefit us all to have something to evaluate our answers against.
Hey, does anyone have and predictions for the questions in the G3 exam? I'm doing globalisation and glacial environments
how did everyone find g4 wjec ? grade boundaries?
Original post by jordan1001o
how did everyone find g4 wjec ? grade boundaries?

I found it ok to be honest. Questions were a bit different than previous years with the same resource booklet which baffled me. I would bet that grade requirement are 1, 2 or possibly 3 marks lower than average. My teacher says that she thinks it could be upwards to 5 but that's really pushing it.

How did you find it?
it was okay, question 4 the 25 marker i didn't really understand at first thats all. id say 52 an A 47 onwards a B. i feel like they will be low
Original post by Junaid12
I found it ok to be honest. Questions were a bit different than previous years with the same resource booklet which baffled me. I would bet that grade requirement are 1, 2 or possibly 3 marks lower than average. My teacher says that she thinks it could be upwards to 5 but that's really pushing it.

How did you find it?

question 4 25 marker was hard, i personally thought and my mates. how did your school find it ?
Original post by jordan1001o
question 4 25 marker was hard, i personally thought and my mates. how did your school find it ?

Yeah man. Everyone struggled on the 25 markers on section A. It was nasty. Our class all said that was difficult. At least geography is over now. How did you find the rest of the paper?
Original post by Junaid12
Yeah man. Everyone struggled on the 25 markers on section A. It was nasty. Our class all said that was difficult. At least geography is over now. How did you find the rest of the paper?

Rest of the paper was fine tbh, glad geog is done with now tho :bban:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending