The Student Room Group
Cranfield University
Cranfield

University of Cranfield thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
I study business management before and sport for my bachelor degree.
I agree for the reputation of warwick but Cranfield is well known among employer, I talk to alumni from Cranfield and Warwick on both side they were happy and unhappy.
The reputation is not everything and some students from warwick were complaining about the career service as well as a friend who did her master in marketing there.
Also the cranfield master in management is based on some similar aspect than the MBA which is well reputed in other country and well ranked in the UK.
I applied to the master of consultancy in leeds, and warwick, and Cranfield and at the end I'm convince that Cranfield is the best choice (but this is my point of view). The internship is for me mandatory.
Cranfield University
Cranfield
Original post by AVA05
I study business management before and sport for my bachelor degree.
I agree for the reputation of warwick but Cranfield is well known among employer, I talk to alumni from Cranfield and Warwick on both side they were happy and unhappy.
The reputation is not everything and some students from warwick were complaining about the career service as well as a friend who did her master in marketing there.
Also the cranfield master in management is based on some similar aspect than the MBA which is well reputed in other country and well ranked in the UK.
I applied to the master of consultancy in leeds, and warwick, and Cranfield and at the end I'm convince that Cranfield is the best choice (but this is my point of view). The internship is for me mandatory.

I completely agree with it. Thanks for your views anyway. Goodluck with your choice.
Reply 342
Original post by Ellia T
I agree to it, thats the only point which makes cranfield better than warwick, are you in touch with any current student so one can get a better perspective of it.

But as my professors who are itself from UK, preferred Warwick over Cranfield, as Warwick is after Oxbridge and other well known B-Schools.

Thanks

Well you could ask them to put you in touch with current students or you could do like me, I just went on Facebook and linkdln and ask them this way they were no chance that this been prepared :smile:.

I studied in London for a part of my bachelor, I felt like they were no real connection between students. I talk to several curent students and they all say the same, they feel that they are building strong bong with other students.
Canfield is focus on personal development and it's important if you intend to work in a stressful and challenging environment

I think it's both really good school but it's an investment as well, at the end I couldn't imagine myself paying 28k with no scholarships on the line. Plus if you need to get a job faster after graduation you better choose the one with the best rate of employment as well.
Original post by AVA05
Well you could ask them to put you in touch with current students or you could do like me, I just went on Facebook and linkdln and ask them this way they were no chance that this been prepared :smile:.

I studied in London for a part of my bachelor, I felt like they were no real connection between students. I talk to several curent students and they all say the same, they feel that they are building strong bong with other students.
Canfield is focus on personal development and it's important if you intend to work in a stressful and challenging environment

I think it's both really good school but it's an investment as well, at the end I couldn't imagine myself paying 28k with no scholarships on the line. Plus if you need to get a job faster after graduation you better choose the one with the best rate of employment as well.

I totally agree, I have actually got in a scholarship of 50% from Warwick, but thats not the reason why i am convinced towards its course and yeah its theoretical mostly if compared with cranfield. I have got in offers, i will take time to decide which one to finalise with in. Yes at the moment Cranfield has the best careers service in UK.
Reply 344
Original post by Ellia T
I totally agree, I have actually got in a scholarship of 50% from Warwick, but thats not the reason why i am convinced towards its course and yeah its theoretical mostly if compared with cranfield. I have got in offers, i will take time to decide which one to finalise with in. Yes at the moment Cranfield has the best careers service in UK.

Well to be honest Cranfield was my first choice, so when I got the offer the other schools didn't matter anymore. I can lost attention easily that's why when I heard that the course wasn't to theoretical, I was even more convince lol.
It's hard to choose, at the end but keep in mind it just tool and step towards your career goal.
Whatever you choose you will not regret it, just make some research....
keep me posted
Original post by AVA05
Well to be honest Cranfield was my first choice, so when I got the offer the other schools didn't matter anymore. I can lost attention easily that's why when I heard that the course wasn't to theoretical, I was even more convince lol.
It's hard to choose, at the end but keep in mind it just tool and step towards your career goal.
Whatever you choose you will not regret it, just make some research....
keep me posted

At the moment Warwick is firmed, i still have time to think and choose Cranfield. Its already hard for me, to decide. Although i will think over it again and finalise. Thanks for your opinions.
Does anybody know when I can expect to hear about accomodations, which I applied for?
Reply 347
Hi, No still waiting to hear from, when did you apply ?

Original post by b4kerman
Does anybody know when I can expect to hear about accomodations, which I applied for?
Original post by b4kerman

I have applied for the accommodation in late march, today I got an offer in lanchester hall, I don't know If it depends on when you have applied
Reply 349
Hi! I have applied for an Aerospace MSc 11 weeks ago. Soon it will be three months since I have sent my application and I still haven't had any answer! It's starting to be a very long time and I don't know what to do. Is anyone in the same condition? Is this common or it is a bad sign? I don't want to be annoying to them asking for some feedback, so I think I won't write an email, but I am a little worried. Any advice? Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello to everybody! I'd like to ask some questions:
1 how can I be sure that I'm able to apply to Cranfield? I'm studying industrial production engineering in Politecnico of Milan and I'm not sure it's a compatible undergraduate.
2 Which is the difference between CFD, Aerodynamics MSC and Advanced Motorsport Engineering MSC? I'd prefer the first and the second. (I've read the modules' courses on the official site but I'm still confused).
3 Is it possible to get a room in Fedden House? Which are the requirements? How does it work?
Thanks to everybody. Bye =)
Anyone attending the MSc Finance & Management this year? I am interested in this programme, so I am curious about your background (professional & academic) and your plans after graduation. I am also considering applying here (at some point).

Do you think career services are good? Company visits? Networking? Good investment banking opportunities after?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 352
Original post by Uitti
Hi! I have applied for an Aerospace MSc 11 weeks ago. Soon it will be three months since I have sent my application and I still haven't had any answer! It's starting to be a very long time and I don't know what to do. Is anyone in the same condition? Is this common or it is a bad sign? I don't want to be annoying to them asking for some feedback, so I think I won't write an email, but I am a little worried. Any advice? Thank you!

Hi I think you should ask an update for your application and send an email otherwise you will never know :smile:

Original post by TommasoTonina
Hello to everybody! I'd like to ask some questions:
1 how can I be sure that I'm able to apply to Cranfield? I'm studying industrial production engineering in Politecnico of Milan and I'm not sure it's a compatible undergraduate.
2 Which is the difference between CFD, Aerodynamics MSC and Advanced Motorsport Engineering MSC? I'd prefer the first and the second. (I've read the modules' courses on the official site but I'm still confused).
3 Is it possible to get a room in Fedden House? Which are the requirements? How does it work?
Thanks to everybody. Bye =)

I think you can ask to talk with some alumni and talk to some professor.
Feed house is for couples I think

Original post by marcstef
Anyone attending the MSc Finance & Management this year? I am interested in this programme, so I am curious about your background (professional & academic) and your plans after graduation. I am also considering applying here (at some point).

Do you think career services are good? Company visits? Networking? Good investment banking opportunities after?

Thanks in advance!

Hi I know that's a really good program well ranked, regarding the career service it's one of the best of the UK so definitely a good choice. The best for you is trying to get in touch with students and alumni
Reply 353
Hello! I have one offer for air transport management in Loughborough and another one for airport planning in Cranfield.
I feel that the first msc has better job prospects but I'm not sure. However my main concern is if Loughborough has better reputation than Cranfield, as it has an undergraduate program in air transport and is well ranked in most rankings. On the other hand, Cranfield seems to be more popular among employers.
What do you think? Thanks!
Reply 354
Original post by Arbc
Hello! I have one offer for air transport management in Loughborough and another one for airport planning in Cranfield.
I feel that the first msc has better job prospects but I'm not sure. However my main concern is if Loughborough has better reputation than Cranfield, as it has an undergraduate program in air transport and is well ranked in most rankings. On the other hand, Cranfield seems to be more popular among employers.
What do you think? Thanks!

I think cranfield has better reputation among employer and ranking but I'm not sure about this particular degree. but through my research I found out that they have one of the best career service in the UK.
Make some research and talk to alumni and current students at both school
Reply 355
hello again, today i was offered for the MSc in Aersopace Manufacturing. Does anyone know how is the course or job prospects? I also have offers for MSc in Aerospace Engineering in Manchester Uni and Swanse Uni, which course of the three would you chose?

Thanks in advanced!
Reply 356
Original post by Azzor
hello again, today i was offered for the MSc in Aersopace Manufacturing. Does anyone know how is the course or job prospects? I also have offers for MSc in Aerospace Engineering in Manchester Uni and Swanse Uni, which course of the three would you chose?

Thanks in advanced!

Hi Congrats on your offers, all are really good schools, you should contact currents students and alumni of all schools, also make some research regarding the ranking of this particular course. I applied for a course at manchester too so I know that's it's a really good school too. You should also have a look at the course and module you like the most that might helps.
I know that the career service at cranfield is really good.
hope this help
Reply 357
Original post by AVA05
Hi Congrats on your offers, all are really good schools, you should contact currents students and alumni of all schools, also make some research regarding the ranking of this particular course. I applied for a course at manchester too so I know that's it's a really good school too. You should also have a look at the course and module you like the most that might helps.
I know that the career service at cranfield is really good.
hope this help

hey thanks for the answer. Where can i find the rankings of specific courses? I dont seem to find them =(
I will try to get in contact with some students after i finnish exams in a week more or less, hope they can help me to decide.
I've currently received a conditional offer letter from Cranfield University for MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering for Sept 2022 intake. I wish to know from a student's perspective the difficulty of the course and the exams. Also, I want to know whether it would be beneficial to complete any value-added online certificate courses from websites like Coursera or Udemy, which would enable me to understand the modules in a better way
Original post by niraj5493
I've currently received a conditional offer letter from Cranfield University for MSc in Advanced Mechanical Engineering for Sept 2022 intake. I wish to know from a student's perspective the difficulty of the course and the exams. Also, I want to know whether it would be beneficial to complete any value-added online certificate courses from websites like Coursera or Udemy, which would enable me to understand the modules in a better way

Hi Niraj,

I don't personally study this MSc course, but you can chat to our current students through Unibuddy and search for the course you're interested in :smile: https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/ambassador%20chat?ub_medium=product&ub_source=University%20Popcard&ub_campaign=&ub_content=

I don't think you can be too prepared for any course! Personally I found everything I read and practiced before starting made my life easier, particularly in the first few weeks and months.

And congratulations on your offer!

Ciara
2nd year Agrifood PhD student
Cranfield Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending