The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Well I checked on UCAS and that's me out of it for Mathematics.
At least I don't have to make the decision between Warwick and Durham now.
Good luck to the rest who haven't heard yet.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Danny_777
:eek: Seriously!?!?! Where did you get that figure from? A 60% OVERALL increase!?! Bleedin 'eck...:s-smilie:

i mean in the maths department not overall, apologies for my lack of clarity.
was told this at the department open day.
commiserations to those unsuccessful
willow162
i mean in the maths department not overall, apologies for my lack of clarity.
was told this at the department open day.
commiserations to those unsuccessful

Ah, ok, this would be down to the jump in the Times league table from like, 30th place to 3rd lol!!! What a random table.... :s-smilie:
I emailed the maths department to ask why I was rejected because I felt that my application was quite strong and they said that they had received a 50% increase in the number of applicants who wwere predicted AAAA at A level including further maths and therefore because my application didnt include further maths, (which my school doesn't offer, my teacher made a point of reiterating that in my application), I was rejected. Don't get why it took so long seeing as I didn't have further maths when I applied in November either.
Reply 104
OH My status is changed to
Application Status

Sorry, we can't find any details of courses you have applied for.

What's that?Is it a sign of rejection?
Reply 105
Hmm, I guess at least that's slightly more original then my "Your application has been received by a College. A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details" which has been like that for the last 4-5 months and will continue to be so for the rest of today I guess.

Poor show from Durham admissions. Weak.
Reply 106
Finally, my application has been received by a college. :rolleyes:
Reply 107
gyt35
OH My status is changed to
Application Status

Sorry, we can't find any details of courses you have applied for.

What's that?Is it a sign of rejection?

email them. Someone's screwed up.
Jesuisfilleunique
I emailed the maths department to ask why I was rejected because I felt that my application was quite strong and they said that they had received a 50% increase in the number of applicants who wwere predicted AAAA at A level including further maths and therefore because my application didnt include further maths, (which my school doesn't offer, my teacher made a point of reiterating that in my application), I was rejected. Don't get why it took so long seeing as I didn't have further maths when I applied in November either.

It seems grossly unfair that you are disadvantaged because your school doesn't offer further Maths. Even Oxbridge don't hold it against applicants if Further maths isn't offered at their school.
I know, I emailed the department back last night. Don't get me wrong, I'm not naively hoping that they'll admit me if I keep badgering them, I just want to see if they'll respond to what is, I feel, a very valid point. Not holding my breath...
Reply 110
ukebert
email them. Someone's screwed up.

Thanks
The situation is back to " Your application has been received by the Department
* Your application has not yet been received by a College
"again.
Could I expect that something would happen on Monday?
The waiting seems endless!
Jesuisfilleunique

Well it will do no harm contacting them and it may do some
good. If nothing else it may make them rethink whether they should
be disadvantaging applicants whose schools do not offer Further Maths.
Good luck!
Reply 112
I finally heard today, Collingwood have made me an offer of AAB for MMath. :biggrin:
Reply 113
yay ^_^
datr
I finally heard today, Collingwood have made me an offer of AAB for MMath. :biggrin:

well done:smile: which college?
Reply 115
collingwood? :P
blablabla

datr
I finally heard today, Collingwood have made me an offer of AAB for MMath.

well done:smile: which college?

Ummmmm........ :p:

Latest