The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
didnt do any preperation in class whatsoever for GGB5. linked in TNC and core-preiphery theory and quotes from the booklet. fingers crossed for a good grade!
question 1 was as predicted, about positivies of vedanta, got a bit stuck on the effects on the eco systems part!
how did everyone else find it?
Reply 141
I did 2 and 4 on GGB 4, although for part d of 2 i blagged cos i didn't revise it at all, conflict over resource i didn't revise at all altogether, and plate tectonics i thought was rather easy though i ran out of time and was only able to put some basic points down, hoping for a high B then i shud get into Manchester

GGB5 was alright, though i think i may have blagged too much, though i didn remember all the case studies so i just threw them in hoping for a low B
how boring was ggb5?!! i totally lost concentration haha, badtimess! thank God conflict and migration came up though!
alsooo... am i right in saying most people found ggb5 really hard? if so.. maybe they will lower grade boundaries?! that could just be wishful thinking though!
Reply 144
Wow, this was 40% of this year too.

For ***** sake. :sigh:
Reply 145
I think the GGB4 exam went quite well, not sure about the synoptic though. I gambled on putting most of my revision into migration and local conflict and i revised a bit of volcanoes and plate tectonics. I was very happy with the question about the relationship between international migration and multicultural societies as i prepared a conclusion for that question which i thought was pretty good :smile: i never know how well the synoptic goes though. I got a C in january and i really need an A
Reply 146
i managed to predict correctly 3 out of the 4 questions on module 4...i was so chuffed! i did conflict (i loooove that topic) and migration, even though i didn't really know what to say for the relationship bit, so only wrote a v small paragraph

i actually quite enjoyed mod 5! had prepared answers for the benefits of vedanta locating in orissa and the environmental impacts, so managed to answer the 1st 2 questions ok

the third was a bit :O at first, but then it was just kind of common sense, i used the ideas of mitigation policies from the conflict question so twas all good

the last was a bit naff tbh, more like critical thinking or english than geography

overall, i think it went quite well

Latest

Trending

Trending