The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is nudity frowned upon?

What's the point in wearing clothes tbh. Most people say it's shameful to not wear any because that's what they were conditioned to believe over the last 2000 or so years, but other then that I see no reason to wear clothes. Except when it's cold but what about people in the tropics, why do they wear clothes?

Personally I don't like wearing clothes because they make me feel constricted and I like showing off my muscular aesthetics. I don't see any need to wear clothes. But I wear them anyway because that's the norm :rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

It's normally fricken freezing? pretty good start, keep doing anything long enough and not doing it will seem weird at first,

Who frowns at nudity? just not in front of peoples children, or at least not untill they're old enough for your crotch to not be at head height :smile:

Oh and shower regularly. also important

Edit; Seriously what the heck did i say that deserves a negging? Seriously? quote me or at least post?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Because some people really should keep their clothes on..
Reply 3
Original post by starburst01
What's the point in wearing clothes tbh. Most people say it's shameful to not wear any because that's what they were conditioned to believe over the last 2000 or so years, but other then that I see no reason to wear clothes. Except when it's cold but what about people in the tropics, why do they wear clothes?

Personally I don't like wearing clothes because they make me feel constricted and I like showing off my muscular aesthetics. I don't see any need to wear clothes. But I wear them anyway because that's the norm :rolleyes:

Yeah but if we all went back to walking around naked..

Think of the repercussions
The other day I was eating a spicy kebab and dropped the last piece...on my jeans. Man, was I ever happy to be wearing clothes at that moment. I don't know OP, but I think clothes are for more than just covering up shame, heh. They could be handy in preventing bad accidents.

That said, I'm all for nudity, but size limits would have to be heavily monitored and regulated. There're some things that I don't need to see...ever :ninjagirl:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Well OP would you like to see a naked hairy guy on the street who prefers not to wash themselves for days or even weeks? That's one of the good reasons why clothes are used :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Pwn4g3_P13

Who frowns at nudity? just not in front of peoples children

Why not in front of peoples children? :lolwut:

Being naked is the most natural thing in the world for a child.
Reply 7
Original post by sophia_
Yeah but if we all went back to walking around naked..

Think of the repercussions

Such as what? :confused:
Reply 8
Original post by Stefan1991
Such as what? :confused:

Not you again :mad:
Reply 9
Original post by X_mark_the_spot
The other day I was eating a spicy kebab and dropped the last piece...on my jeans. Man, was I ever happy to be wearing clothes at that moment. I don't know OP, but I think clothes are for more than just covering up shame, heh. They could be handy in preventing bad accidents.

But now you have a stain on your expensive clothing which will cost money to either wash or replace.

Where as if you had caught it on your skin it would have taken 1 second to wipe off.
Reply 10
Original post by sophia_
Not you again :mad:

Oh yeah I forgot you don't like being forced to explain your bizarre illogical beliefs.

So what are these repercussions?
Reply 11
Oh yeah I forgot you don't like being forced to explain your bizarre illogical beliefs.

So what are these repercussions?

Well, both times have been in regards to nudity only, also.

We are not used to seeing everybody naked all of the time. So. If that were to suddenly change there may be chaos.

Okay well I don't exactly know what chaos but there would be a lot of men with boners walking around.
I dont get why nudity is such a big deal, clothes are useful for certain things (keeping warm, protective equipment, formalities) but are not always needed (i.e. when its a hot day or when swimming non-competitively).
Me and my friends see each other nude quite often because we don't find it a big deal but it is to do with mutual trust too. I wouldn't go around nude if it would offend people.
Why not in front of peoples children? :lolwut:

Being naked is the most natural thing in the world for a child.

Not when the guys crotch is at head height to a toddler ^^
Reply 14
Original post by ifstatement
Well OP would you like to see a naked hairy guy on the street who prefers not to wash themselves for days or even weeks? That's one of the good reasons why clothes are used :wink:

If you were constantly naked you would't need to wash nearly as much, clothes stop your body being allowed to perspire and sweat to evaporate off your body like it's supposed to. Plus you sweat much less anyway.

If you don't wear clothes you feel 200% more fresh. Clothes exacerbate the smell of uncleanliness.
Reply 15
Because the average person is ugle and unattractive, especially in the UK.
Reply 16
Original post by sophia_
Well, both times have been in regards to nudity only, also.

We are not used to seeing everybody naked all of the time. So. If that were to suddenly change there may be chaos.

:rofl:

How do you come up with these crazy ideas?

Original post by sophia_

Okay well I don't exactly know what chaos but there would be a lot of men with boners walking around.

The world would end of course.
Original post by sophia_

Yeh and there will be tonnes of women walking around with a puddle trailing behind them too :rolleyes:

The link between nudity and sexual behaviour is only a fairly recent phenomenon really. For example, it used to be normal for boys and their P.E teachers to go swimming and shower naked together, nobody thought anything of it because it wasn't regarded as sexual.

If people have hang ups about their bodies and dont want to show them, nobody would force them to. If someone doesnt like clothes and so doesnt wear them, nobody should force them to.
Original post by Pwn4g3_P13
Not when the guys crotch is at head height to a toddler ^^

Ahahaha but on a serious note, children dont even notice nudity as being anything other than normal. They are always taking their clothes off and running around. Its only through conditioning that they learn that nudity is undesirable behaviour.
Well in the winter I dont want to die of hypothermia, for a start.

And anyway, what if I dont want random people to see my bits?