The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Biomedical Sciences Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evie94
I am sending mine off tomorrow, just need to upload a photo. What kind of accommodation are you thinking of going for???? :biggrin:

My top choices are Ian Baker and Arthur Tattershall... I hope those are ok! Haha. They seem quite nice. Then probably intercollegiate halls. Where are you applying?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Heya,
Can you apply for accommodation only after you have received an update on track to say an offer.
Or can you apply after you went to the open day and then recieved an email from Chris saying that you have an offer?- but I don't think this is 'official'.
THANKS X
Original post by shahnila4ever
Heya,
Can you apply for accommodation only after you have received an update on track to say an offer.
Or can you apply after you went to the open day and then recieved an email from Chris saying that you have an offer?- but I don't think this is 'official'.
THANKS X

I think you have to choose your firm and insurance before you can do anything!
Reply 43
Original post by wavezone113
I think you have to choose your firm and insurance before you can do anything!

You can start applying for accommodation once you have your offer from UCL but you can only send it off I think, once you have officially firmed it :biggrin: (please somebody correct me if I am wrong).*

Also Wavezone I have applied for catered accommodation- with two intercollegiate halls as my 1st and 2nd choices and then Ramsay hall ad third :biggrin:
Original post by Evie94
You can start applying for accommodation once you have your offer from UCL but you can only send it off I think, once you have officially firmed it :biggrin: (please somebody correct me if I am wrong).*

Also Wavezone I have applied for catered accommodation- with two intercollegiate halls as my 1st and 2nd choices and then Ramsay hall ad third :biggrin:

Has your offical letter arrived?, coz it says that you have to know your student id number or something like that in order to apply and send of your accommodation choices and I don't have that number yet? Is it with the letter they post you?
Thanks for your help x x :smile::tongue:
Has your offical letter arrived?, coz it says that you have to know your student id number or something like that in order to apply and send of your accommodation choices and I don't have that number yet? Is it with the letter they post you?

soz not student id but the ucl user id x ?
soz not student id but the ucl user id x ?

aaaah what is my ucl student number !!?? iam getting confused :biggrin:
Reply 47

Erm.... No I haven't received the offer letter, I applied before I got it. You can sign up on the accommodation website- you just need to use your email address and a password :biggrin: and then once you complete it you get given a college ID number. I hope this is the way which everybody else did it!!!!
Original post by Evie94
Erm.... No I haven't received the offer letter, I applied before I got it. You can sign up on the accommodation website- you just need to use your email address and a password :biggrin: and then once you complete it you get given a college ID number. I hope this is the way which everybody else did it!!!!

Hey, Evie, how long after you firmed your offer did you receive your offer letter? And did you get some sort of offer pack? :smile:
Original post by Evie94

Thank you I did it yesterday. And I did do it like that ! I only have to upload a photo. I chose the intercollegiate halls- college hall and Connaught as my top two.
Reply 50
Original post by wavezone113
Hey, Evie, how long after you firmed your offer did you receive your offer letter? And did you get some sort of offer pack? :smile:

Erm.... I think it was a couple of weeks later- there was a letter about the offer and accommodation too :biggrin:
Reply 51
Thank you I did it yesterday. And I did do it like that ! I only have to upload a photo. I chose the intercollegiate halls- college hall and Connaught as my top two.

I chose college too!!!! But also Canterbury, I prefer the IC halls to the catered UCL ones
So who's firming UCL for Biomed? Everyone only seems to be talking about the accommodation on the forums but I'll probably be living with friends in a private house so not too fussed- just looking forward to the course!
Original post by rougelipstick
So who's firming UCL for Biomed? Everyone only seems to be talking about the accommodation on the forums but I'll probably be living with friends in a private house so not too fussed- just looking forward to the course!

I firmed it and sent of my accomodation form so just waiting to recieve a lettter now :redface:
Reply 54
If I was to miss a lecture, how would i go about catching up with it? does the lecturer put all of the lectures on a site where students can access them?
Reply 55
Original post by rougelipstick

I have formed UCL a couple of weeks ago, and applied for accommodation. CANNOT WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER NOW!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 56
Hi I'm about to firm Biomed at UCL :biggrin:
Does anyone know how the accommodation is allocated; is it first come first servedd?
Or the best accommodation in anyone's opinion?
I think what I'm looking for is a single, self catered and possibly ensuite room, which isnt SO far (although I know none are exactly miles and miles out) from the uni, and is sociable!! Or is that too much to ask for haha? :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Dan (Y)
Hi I'm about to firm Biomed at UCL :biggrin:
Does anyone know how the accommodation is allocated; is it first come first servedd?
Or the best accommodation in anyone's opinion?
I think what I'm looking for is a single, self catered and possibly ensuite room, which isnt SO far (although I know none are exactly miles and miles out) from the uni, and is sociable!! Or is that too much to ask for haha? :smile:

Ive heard its NOT first come first serve, as long as you get it in before the deadline (can someone verify this please?).
And ive also been reading about you don't choose where you live, you tick boxes of your preference then they'll match you to a place depending what you've ticked.
Reply 58
is anyone still waiting for a ucas track update, who went to the 14th of march open day?
Original post by jayy1994
If I was to miss a lecture, how would i go about catching up with it? does the lecturer put all of the lectures on a site where students can access them?

Yeah, the lecture notes are all put up online. Some modules also put some extra notes up and some even record the lectures and put them up. Otherwise, read through the suggested reading material for that lecture - if it's not mentioned anywhere, just email the lecturer. Or get notes from that lecture from someone else. Don't worry too much about missing some lectures here and there, it's not too difficult catching up with them in first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending