The Student Room Group

India is about to hang someone.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
You presume I believe in human rights. I do not. I believevin civil rights that countries are free to decide upon individually. If their constitution permits this, I see no problem with it.

hahahahahahahahahaha indian constitution is made up as the days go along. Very unorganized, idiotic, unfair judicial system where a couple of rupees can have an effect
Original post by okapobcfc08
To class someone as a Sikh is not just looking at appearance and name. Beant Butcher, KP Gill, S Saini et al. are not Sikhs because of what they have done. Actions and behavior define a Sikh not appearance

Fair enough, so with the same logic the militants who also committed atrocities( which are conveniently forgotten) are also not sikh.

Instead of renewing tensions why dont the people of Punjab forget what has happened in the past and make a fresh start and live like brothers.

Waheguru ji da khalsa Waheguru ji di fateh
hahahahahahahahahaha indian constitution is made up as the days go along. Very unorganized, idiotic, unfair judicial system where a couple of rupees can have an effect

Why ought this be of any concern to me, however?
BJP against Operation Bluestar? Are you taking the pi55, what about ur dad LK Advani, who was more up for Bluestar than anyone else? Also, again typical attitude of some HP's (if you are one) why the f*** cant sikhs outside India comment on Panjab, are you their dad? Dont give this bull about we dont know whats its like there, loads of Sikhs, including me, have parents or relatives that came over from India during the 80's we f****** find the facts out before we speak. It is Indians in India that are ignorant, we on the outside are not. I actually had a proper discussion about this with my uncle when he came over to UK, who is a businessman in Jalandhar, stop the bull please mate

What the f*** is your problem? Yes u may have parents or relatives who tell u about stuff which happened in the 80s. Not the stuff now, the way all people live in harmony Sikhs and hindus like brothers.

Its the people like you u, who try to flame tensions because of your backward and brainwashed thinking.
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
What does that have to do with anything? Are you looking to see if he goes to a university you deem not good enough just so you can justify why he holds such views? I don't agree with his views... but this kind of comment is just petty.

I was just interested to see what uni he was at :frown:
Original post by sachinisgod

Instead of renewing tensions why dont the people of Punjab forget what has happened in the past and make a fresh start and live like brothers.

are you serious or just plain mad? Where the ***** justice that may allow us to move on. I bet if (god forbid) a million hindus wiped out my state in next 25 years you wouldnt say the same thing. Also, state police have accepted that they infiltrated groups like Babbar Khalsa or set up their own black cats to look like Sikhs and kill to give freedom fighters are bad name. I cant differentiate can I between who did what. But yes I agree, if their is any truth that freedom fights went outside Sikh principle then I condemn them. Compares nothing to state led terroism though.
What the f*** is your problem? Yes u may have parents or relatives who tell u about stuff which happened in the 80s. Not the stuff now, the way all people live in harmony Sikhs and hindus like brothers.

Its the people like you u, who try to flame tensions because of your backward and brainwashed thinking.

make your mind up, first you talk 80's then 84 now you talk about now? Have I f****** said there isn't harmony between Sikhs and Hindus you mug? You think me as a Sikh want violence for no reason? No, but I want justice more. You call my thinking backward and brainwashed, mine is the same thinking as those Sikhs in Panjab today who locked it down. At least with people like Dogra, whom I respect to a large extent, can accept both sides of the story. Some people, like you, dont!!
are you serious or just plain mad? Where the ***** justice that may allow us to move on. I bet if (god forbid) a million hindus wiped out my state in next 25 years you wouldnt say the same thing. Also, state police have accepted that they infiltrated groups like Babbar Khalsa or set up their own black cats to look like Sikhs and kill to give freedom fighters are bad name. I cant differentiate can I between who did what. But yes I agree, if their is any truth that freedom fights went outside Sikh principle then I condemn them. Compares nothing to state led terroism though.

The reason that u think u dont get justice is because scums like tytler and sajjan kumar were Congress puppets. Guess which party is in power... Congress.

If you really despise the treatment you get, why has Manmohan Singh become Prime minister by joining Congress. Why is it loads of Sikhs still vote for Cngress forgetting what they did to them?

Isnt it all a bit hypocritical? People want to move on and trust me ' 1 Million hindus ' wont wipe out your state.. seriously dude :rolleyes:
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Why ought this be of any concern to me, however?

i never said it should mate, but as long as you think the same about Syria, Libya and other f-up nations than fine, but what it shouldnt be is one rule for one country and one rule for very small minority
make your mind up, first you talk 80's then 84 now you talk about now? Have I f****** said there isn't harmony between Sikhs and Hindus you mug? You think me as a Sikh want violence for no reason? No, but I want justice more. You call my thinking backward and brainwashed, mine is the same thinking as those Sikhs in Panjab today who locked it down. At least with people like Dogra, whom I respect to a large extent, can accept both sides of the story. Some people, like you, dont!!

WTF.. i accept both parties had griviences which were handled very badly by BOTH. It doesnt mean every one has to live in the past. Sometimes u need to move on.
The reason that u think u dont get justice is because scums like tytler and sajjan kumar were Congress puppets. Guess which party is in power... Congress.

If you really despise the treatment you get, why has Manmohan Singh become Prime minister by joining Congress. Why is it loads of Sikhs still vote for Cngress forgetting what they did to them?

Isnt it all a bit hypocritical? People want to move on and trust me ' 1 Million hindus ' wont wipe out your state.. seriously dude :rolleyes:

I made a mistake i meant to say "if 1 million hindus wiped out by the state". I can accept the Congress muppets issue but you cant accept Sikhs to forget and get on with their lives, as for that you need closure. This links nicely with Baba Rajoana who gave us some degree of closure by taking care of Beant Butcher. Also with Manmohan Singh, again what define Sikhs? What has he done in actions or behaviour to merit being a Sikh? Very little. He is your puppet.
I made a mistake i meant to say "if 1 million hindus wiped out by the state". I can accept the Congress muppets issue but you cant accept Sikhs to forget and get on with their lives, as for that you need closure. This links nicely with Baba Rajoana who gave us some degree of closure by taking care of Beant Butcher. Also with Manmohan Singh, again what define Sikhs? What has he done in actions or behaviour to merit being a Sikh? Very little. He is your puppet.

what do u mean my?? See again playing the religion card. Let me tell u some facts about Indian Politics my friend which im sure u know nothing about coz u live in UK

Congress is run by Sonia Gandhi ( A CATHOLIC), the party is known for its anti hindu policies and appeasment policies for muslims and lower classes. If you want to take up a cause against injustice, take it against Congress and not hindus.

Btw even i hate Congress
Original post by Rajoana
Does anyone else not think that sending in 9000 armed personnel and 15 paramiltary units in response to peaceful protests is oppressive and over the top?

Edit: search youtube there are videos of the Former Foreign Secretary MP Margaret Beckett and MEP Glennis Willmott (Head of Labour in the EU Parliament) talking against the Death Penalty for Balwant Singh.

peaceful protests, if unchecked, can quickly turn violent. a necessary precaution. they don't want to send in 500 guys and then be facing 500 armed protestors, so they have to send in overwhelming force just in case.
Reply 73
Original post by sollythewise
peaceful protests, if unchecked, can quickly turn violent. a necessary precaution. they don't want to send in 500 guys and then be facing 500 armed protestors, so they have to send in overwhelming force just in case.

Well in this video we can see they have now decided to start smashing innocent protesters today, the Indian state does not wait for violence to get violent themselves.

what Baba Rajoana did was the equivalant of NTC sorting out Gaddafi? Whats the difference in your eyes?

Um.. there isn't one..?
what do u mean my?? See again playing the religion card. Let me tell u some facts about Indian Politics my friend which im sure u know nothing about coz u live in UK

Congress is run by Sonia Gandhi ( A CATHOLIC), the party is known for its anti hindu policies and appeasment policies for muslims and lower classes. If you want to take up a cause against injustice, take it against Congress and not hindus.

Btw even i hate Congress

I take it you struggle to understand simple writing technique. Your puppet was meant to show an example of the puppet thing your mentioned. I didnt imply you were congressi. Please dont assume what I do and do not know, again you think im backwards, what about indian living indians who think outsiders are ignorant, any need to say that. This thread isnt about this issue anyway, the main point is Singh Sahib Baba Balwant Singh Rajoana the don!!
Original post by Darkphilosopher
Um.. there isn't one..?

so you condemn gaddafi being sorted out good and proper?
Reply 77
wow, you can sometmes forget living in the UK that some countries still have the Death Penalty :frown: I think its barbaric
Original post by Steevee
It's funny isn't it?

So many people complain about the partition of India and how the Muslims had nothing to fear under a Hindu majority. And yet the Indian Sikh population is proof that they really, really did. Interesting how things play out really.

Oh please :rolleyes:

The OP is clearly someone sympathetic/biased towards the individual who is soon to be hanged, and is providing information as such. I have yet to see ANY polls which indicate that the majority of Sikhs support not hanging this individual, and can most certainly say that the entire state was not "closed down" from the protests the OP is mentioning.

As for Sikhs, they identify as Indian and heck even the country's leader is an Indian Sikh.
so you condemn gaddafi being sorted out good and proper?

Yes. Legal systems exist for a reason.

Quick Reply

Latest