The Student Room Group

King Edward Stourbridge???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Anyone one on here thinking of changing their options?

I'm looking for someone who wants to change Chemistry and/or Maths as there are currently no spaces in those subjects so i can't change to them :smile: if i can't change then i won't be going to Kedst!
Reply 81
Original post by Hero-H
Anyone one on here thinking of changing their options?

I'm looking for someone who wants to change Chemistry and/or Maths as there are currently no spaces in those subjects so i can't change to them :smile: if i can't change then i won't be going to Kedst!

So many people drop Maths in the first month or so, so I'm sure you'll be able to swap in while you're there if you want to take the risk...
Reply 82
Original post by Bea492
So many people drop Maths in the first month or so, so I'm sure you'll be able to swap in while you're there if you want to take the risk...

Thanks for that , ultimately i wouldn't mind not doing Maths , Chemistry is my real concern as i aspire to study Medicine. I'm just going to re-request the subject changes on induction day and see where that gets me :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by sheepshap
Me!

how are you gonna get there? by train? im goin by train
Reply 84
Original post by Hero-H
Thanks for that , ultimately i wouldn't mind not doing Maths , Chemistry is my real concern as i aspire to study Medicine. I'm just going to re-request the subject changes on induction day and see where that gets me :smile:

my friend was gonna do chemistry and maths, but hes not coming to stourbridge anymore but he hasnt told them yet, so there will probably be spaces on induction or at least enrolment
Reply 85
Original post by MikeyP96
how are you gonna get there? by train? im goin by train

i'm going by train :smile:
Reply 86
my friend was gonna do chemistry and maths, but hes not coming to stourbridge anymore but he hasnt told them yet, so there will probably be spaces on induction or at least enrolment

Okay then thanks for that :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by hench man
i'm going by train :smile:

:smile: how long will it take you to get there? what school do you go to now?
Reply 88
:smile: how long will it take you to get there? what school do you go to now?

well it will take about 35 min to get there and i go to george dixon :smile: wbu?
Reply 89
I may as well join the thread, i'm starting kedst this Summer :smile: i really can't wait.
I'm not expecting excellent standards of teaching but what i am looking forward to is
i) the great resources there, the lovely library etc
ii) Meeting new people
iii) There's a town center there so that's convenient.

Anyone else doing Government and Politics? What about Chemistry are you guys doing Salters or OCR?

x
Reply 90
Original post by izzaha
I may as well join the thread, i'm starting kedst this Summer :smile: i really can't wait.

Anyone else doing Government and Politics? What about Chemistry are you guys doing Salters or OCR?

x

chemistry ocr
Reply 91
Just wondering if any of you guys are going on the train from kidderminster??
Reply 92
Original post by hench man
well it will take about 35 min to get there and i go to george dixon :smile: wbu?

i go to handsworth grammar school, and itll take about 30 mins ,is for me cuz i live near the train station
Reply 93
Original post by izzaha

x

im doing chemistry ocr
Reply 94
Original post by izzaha
I'm not expecting excellent standards of teaching but what i am looking forward to is
i) the great resources there, the lovely library etc
ii) Meeting new people
iii) There's a town center there so that's convenient.

x

There are some amazing Chemistry and Maths teachers there (Biology ones are okay) soo I wouldn't worry about teaching standards. Although having said that, I had one terrible Maths teacher - the others were great though!

Also, don't hold your hopes up for the town centre :P
Reply 95
Original post by Mr Bling
I'm starting in September too! :smile:

:smile: see u there
Reply 96
What subjects have you picked if you don't mind me asking?

Chemistry OCR
Human Biology
Physics
Psychology

wbu?
Original post by Anum Arshad
ive got an interview there on tuesday, does any on want to help me. kinda stressed :s

plus ive chosen

chemistry
geography
ICT
Physiology

nd ive got the interview wiv a chemistry teacher

Hey,
Don't worry about it :smile: You'll be fine - one question though.Which pathway are you?
Reply 98
Which tutor has everyone got? :colondollar:

Jo Ruth! you?
Which tutor has everyone got? :colondollar:

Original post by Hero-H
Jo Ruth! you?

Oooh - I got my letter the other day, my tutor is Ian Gameson :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest