Higher Maths 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KeithyDee
Put this PDF of the questions for anyone that is interested (Paper 2 ONLY):

http://voxobox.com/Downloads/MATHSHIGHER.pdf

I'll start working on solutions now :smile:
Reply 741
Original post by Ross_96
I thought that paper one was relatively straight forward but paper 2 was just incredible. I've never seen a recurrence relation like that before. Just hope I did well enough for an A.

Wasn't the recurrence relations question actually more like a trig equation? I subbed my x values back in at the end and got the first bit so i think i may get full marks for that haha!
Reply 742
That was fxcking awful. Paper 1 was fine, but I was literally brought to tears by paper 2. Literally. I couldn't do any of the questions confidently - except the first one. I hope they lower the pass mark because I need an A which I'm probably not going to get otherwise. The SQA just like giving us false hope, then destroying our dreams. Yep.
Original post by ukdragon37
I'll start working on solutions now :smile:

Thanks mate, even though I probably don't want to look at them :tongue:
Reply 745
Dreading the physics exam now......

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad A
Reply 746
Original post by sanaad
Dreading the physics exam now......

yeah same, now i need to get an A on physics :frown: needed A maths for chem engineering, but that's not happening, so noww civil engineering, which needs AB/BA in maths/physics :frown:
IMAG0916.jpg

How did people get question 7?? Argh
That was sooo difficult :'( :'( So wanted an A, and to take this to Advanced. That's never going to happen now. Last 2 questions of paper 2, I mean, WHAT? Ugh, I had no clue.
For anyone that didn't see it, just want to keep this up so people can find it quickly!

http://voxobox.com/Downloads/MATHSHIGHER.pdf
Reply 750
what did everyone get on the last question part (c) in paper 1 where you had to find the shortest distance between PQ and L2, i got 13 units

Also i had like 4 A's in a row in multiple choice questions:eek:
Reply 751
Original post by wallflowers
IMAG0916.jpg

Personally, i just guessed and hoped for the best :M
Reply 752
IMAG0916.jpg

i wasnt to sure what to do so i just wrote down the rules of logs haha like the 2 curves minus each other is the same as them divided. i then wrote therefore its comprable or something, not sure if it was right
Original post by StudyAk
what did everyone get on the last question part (c) in paper 1 where you had to find the shortest distance between PQ and L2, i got 13 units

Also i had like 4 A's in a row in multiple choice questions:eek:

I got root 10/4, as did a couple of my friends. But then some other people got 5. :confused:
Reply 754
Am I the only one who found it actually okay? :s
IMAG0916.jpg

I done some really complicated log stuff and ended up with y = 3/2 in the end, couldn't tell you how I done it though!
Reply 756
The invigilators were just giving us sympathetic looks all throughout as people were restlessly moving and sighing, and crying.
i think paper one was not too bad, but what the hell was paper 2?

Have the SQA just decided "to hell with it, they've done all the past papers, but we'll give them something that looks like nothing they'll have seen before!" ARGGGH!!! :argh:
Reply 757
Original post by Blue7195
yeah same, now i need to get an A on physics :frown: needed A maths for chem engineering, but that's not happening, so noww civil engineering, which needs AB/BA in maths/physics :frown:

Yeah, I'm going to revise heaps this week, so I can at least get an A in physics if not maths! I need an ABBB to include Maths and Physics, just hope I've at least got a B in Maths.

Reply 758
Original post by AspiringVet
I got root 10/4, as did a couple of my friends. But then some other people got 5. :confused:

I got root 10/4 as well
Reply 759
Paper 1 was a fine. Paper 2 started off not bad, then wtf.

Quick Reply