The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Biology 2012 Discussion

How is everyone feeling? :smile:
Reply 1
Possibly the most stressed ever. I failed maths yesterday and need a B tomorrow.. you?
Reply 2
Original post by Bekka__x
Possibly the most stressed ever. I failed maths yesterday and need a B tomorrow.. you?

Aww im stressed aswell! I need at least a C, but both my prelims i got an A, and really want one! :frown:! What you doing to study, just pastpapers?
Not too bad but I have firmed an unconditional, still want the grade though! Didn't take chemistry at all so with a lot of the course I have no idea what's going on, haha!
Reply 4
Original post by Ryan Campbell
Not too bad but I have firmed an unconditional, still want the grade though! Didn't take chemistry at all so with a lot of the course I have no idea what's going on, haha!

Neither did I take chemistry and its not that difficult in it!
Original post by freedom123
Neither did I take chemistry and its not that difficult in it!

The exam wasn't too chemistry orientated so it's all good :smile:
Original post by Ryan Campbell
The exam wasn't too chemistry orientated so it's all good :smile:

Is that you Ryan? Haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ConnorMcKenzie
Is that you Ryan? Haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Connor! How you doing sunshine? :smile:
Reply 8
How is everyone feeling? :smile:

Hell, it was hard! Everything I revised for didn't come up and that first question was so confusing, was stuck on it for ages and the essay questions were horrible and i know ive deffo failed :frown: How did you find it? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by magenta1
Hell, it was hard! Everything I revised for didn't come up and that first question was so confusing, was stuck on it for ages and the essay questions were horrible and i know ive deffo failed :frown: How did you find it? :biggrin:

I found it quite good, and fair!! The essays were perfect, either one suited me very well! Yeah the first one was really hard, but i hope i picked up at least a few marks! The rest of the questions i found ok, especially the dna DMD one and the one on the krill and faeces was really goood"!
Reply 10
I found it quite good, and fair!! The essays were perfect, either one suited me very well! Yeah the first one was really hard, but i hope i picked up at least a few marks! The rest of the questions i found ok, especially the dna DMD one and the one on the krill and faeces was really goood"!

erm *feels stupid* :biggrin: You going to uni this year? if so which one? OMG for the DMD one did you say the person had it or not? I said no...? Was confuzzled as i didnt know if the control had DMD or not? also i didnt understand, if faeces kept falling into the sea where it was hard to break down then why would that contribute to global warming or something? I honestly wonder how i managed an A at Higher :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by magenta1
erm *feels stupid* :biggrin: You going to uni this year? if so which one? OMG for the DMD one did you say the person had it or not? I said no...? Was confuzzled as i didnt know if the control had DMD or not? also i didnt understand, if faeces kept falling into the sea where it was hard to break down then why would that contribute to global warming or something? I honestly wonder how i managed an A at Higher :/

Yeah Glasgow Uni, you?.. Lol, for the DMD one the person DID have it, and i said Yes the person had it because the fragment of DNA travelled further than the control, and that also in DMD it is a deletion therefore the DMD fragment would be lighter and thus why it did travel further! .. A lot of people found the faeces one difficult, but it was not that bad and was quite simple: basically if sea temperatures rise then the temperature of the sea will allow decomposers (eg saprotrophs) to decompose the faeces which then releases the carbon dioxide into the atmosphere (co2 is a green house gas) which would then further and increase global warming! .. Lol, im sure you have done fine!
Reply 12
What were the essay questions this year? (I did it last year... just curious!)
Reply 13
Original post by Kelz_26
What were the essay questions this year? (I did it last year... just curious!)

Write notes on niche and competition. Use examples as appropriate.

ET

Give an account of the circulation of nutrients under the following headings:
(i) decomposition;
(ii) nutrient cycling.
Reply 14
Original post by Armaros
Write notes on niche and competition. Use examples as appropriate.

ET

Give an account of the circulation of nutrients under the following headings:
(i) decomposition;
(ii) nutrient cycling.

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 15
Yeah Glasgow Uni, you?.. Lol, for the DMD one the person DID have it, and i said Yes the person had it because the fragment of DNA travelled further than the control, and that also in DMD it is a deletion therefore the DMD fragment would be lighter and thus why it did travel further! .. A lot of people found the faeces one difficult, but it was not that bad and was quite simple: basically if sea temperatures rise then the temperature of the sea will allow decomposers (eg saprotrophs) to decompose the faeces which then releases the carbon dioxide into the atmosphere (co2 is a green house gas) which would then further and increase global warming! .. Lol, im sure you have done fine!

Aw ffs! I was torn between Glasgow uni and edinburgh uni for fecking ages and i had even firmed glasgow uni but now im going to edinburgh... And now at work im meeting all these people who are going to or at glasgow uni and im like its fate! You applied for accommo? if i were at GU i'd want to go to Murano :smile: what you studying? omg my friend said exactly the same thing!! Where did you learn that from? They didnt have it in the brightred publishing one did they? Yeah i wrote something like that? Great, oh well im gonna keep focusing on the fact i dont need it :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending