The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scrawlx101
sent an email yesterday but no response :/

It's the weekend and they are quite busy.

Get them on the phone you ll get a reply much faster

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's the weekend and they are quite busy.

Original post by claireestelle
Get them on the phone you ll get a reply much faster

I had to send a university an email and it took them 2 weeks to reply back to me :colonhash:. I agree with @claireestelle , you should try phoning them up.
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I had to send a university an email and it took them 2 weeks to reply back to me :colonhash:. I agree with @claireestelle , you should try phoning them up.

will do :smile: thanks
should i ask now or wait until results day?

Why did you ask if you should contact them (and be told by numerous people to do so) if you have in fact already done so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Why did you ask if you should contact them (and be told by numerous people to do so) if you have in fact already done so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i thought that there was an alternative,sorry to have been a bother.
i thought that there was an alternative,sorry to have been a bother.

It's not so much a bother, just confusing.

Follow up your email with a phone call on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
It's not so much a bother, just confusing.

Follow up your email with a phone call on Monday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi 🙂 stupid question but I'm looking at potential Clearing universities... Would it be okay to email them and ask if they have any idea what grades they will ask for?
Original post by emiloujess
Hi 🙂 stupid question but I'm looking at potential Clearing universities... Would it be okay to email them and ask if they have any idea what grades they will ask for?

Yes, although it's likely to be the same as the typical entry requirements.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes, although it's likely to be the same as the typical entry requirements.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: I really like this course so I really want to know more about it! I do 2 of the 'relevant subjects' listed on the page, is that likely to be useful?

Also sorry for all the questions but my PS is about something completely different (I changed my course post-offer) - would it be useful to have a small list of reasons why I want to take the course?
Thanks :smile: I really like this course so I really want to know more about it! I do 2 of the 'relevant subjects' listed on the page, is that likely to be useful?

Also sorry for all the questions but my PS is about something completely different (I changed my course post-offer) - would it be useful to have a small list of reasons why I want to take the course?

Yes I'm sure having relevant subjects is, er, relevant :wink:

And yes it might be an idea to have a rough PS for your new course to hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Yes I'm sure having relevant subjects is, er, relevant :wink:

And yes it might be an idea to have a rough PS for your new course to hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping it will allow me to get a lower offer if I end up in Clearing 😂 A new PS might be an issue as the courses I'll be phoning for are different for different unis (I already have a small list haha). Sociology & Media at some, and Advertising at one of them (my favourite).

Tbh I'm terrified and I just want Results to come already 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm hoping it will allow me to get a lower offer if I end up in Clearing 😂 A new PS might be an issue as the courses I'll be phoning for are different for different unis (I already have a small list haha). Sociology & Media at some, and Advertising at one of them (my favourite).

Tbh I'm terrified and I just want Results to come already 😂

You don't need a formal PS. Just some ideas on why you want to do the course you are calling about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
You don't need a formal PS. Just some ideas on why you want to do the course you are calling about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great :biggrin: thanks again, and apologies for asking so many questions!
Hi im wondering if i applied to unis but didn't get interview offers ...if they now come up in clearing can i try applying again
Hiii i just popped in to say good luck - any advice needed then dont hesitate to ask me :smile:
Original post by strabane15
Hi im wondering if i applied to unis but didn't get interview offers ...if they now come up in clearing can i try applying again

You can try calling them but the answer is very likely to be no.
Hey guys,

I've got an offer of ABB for straight History at Queen Mary, which I think I might be (at least) close to achieving. My only worry is that one of the Classics exams I took was atrocious, and in a worst-case scenario I might be knocked down to ABC.

My personal statement was good (Offers from UCL, King's, QM, Goldsmiths and Herts) and my AS grades were also pretty good (AABB). If worst came to worst, can anyone reckon what sort of a chance I'd have with those grades?
Original post by lappy482
Hey guys,

I've got an offer of ABB for straight History at Queen Mary, which I think I might be (at least) close to achieving. My only worry is that one of the Classics exams I took was atrocious, and in a worst-case scenario I might be knocked down to ABC.

My personal statement was good (Offers from UCL, King's, QM, Goldsmiths and Herts) and my AS grades were also pretty good (AABB). If worst came to worst, can anyone reckon what sort of a chance I'd have with those grades?

Nobody, not even the universities themselves, can tell you this because it depends on how many other people have failed to get the grades as well. You will simply have to wait and hope.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=26247-Is-is-possible-to-predict-what-universities-will-do-on-results-day
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone else know for a fact that they'll be rejected from their firm choice because of a subject that went really badly in the exams?:frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending