The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ilyas
where did you get this information? this is bull****.

I'm getting various numbers from different people online. Some say 9000, others say 32000.

WoW has 13,000,000 players.

Get your facts right before raging next time.
Original post by jacketpotato
Admittedly not all of them play

then exactly how much do play? I made three accounts last year, does that mean these account go towards the 15 million?

just note that I don't play this game and I probably will never return
Pretty sure they mentioned unique players.
But oh well.
It's a bloody good game. Just be prepared for alot of kids and internet hard-cases....
And genuine pants on head retards.
Original post by Ilyas
then exactly how much do play? I made three accounts last year, does that mean these account go towards the 15 million?

just note that I don't play this game and I probably will never return

4million a month and 1.4 million a day. See http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/youve-grown-league-legends-massive-game.
Reply 24
Yeah I play with my gf's bro alot, played solo queue ranked for 2 days now I'm 1.5k ELO.
Been busy working (doing 5 night shifts in a row next week 10pm-8am) >_> hopefully I can get to 1.8k before season 2 start.

I main shaco/corki/akali/malzahar etc
add me on LoL if you wanna play (:
IGN : EternalWrath
I'm on EU West btw.
Reply 25
Why is it that everyone who plays master yi or tryndamere are retarded?
Reply 26
Original post by Lozzaa

as with most melee champs, yi and trynd require way more skill to play properly
Reply 27
Original post by ibs137
as with most melee champs, yi and trynd require way more skill to play properly

Oh yeah, I forgot right clicking is a skill that you cannot be taught, but rather, have to be born with ^^
Reply 28
Original post by Zyanide
Yeah I play with my gf's bro alot, played solo queue ranked for 2 days now I'm 1.5k ELO.
Been busy working (doing 5 night shifts in a row next week 10pm-8am) >_> hopefully I can get to 1.8k before season 2 start.

I main shaco/corki/akali/malzahar etc
add me on LoL if you wanna play (:
IGN : EternalWrath
I'm on EU West btw.

According to your match history you haven't played ranked for 11 days (since the 5th of August, when you played two games and lost them both with scores of 3-6 and 5-10), but apart from that, cool.

Original post by Lozzaa

They are champions which dominate new players very easily but are very easy to counter when you have a bit of experience. So, new players get dominated by them then try to play them, but fail at it. What's your in game name? We should play sometime :h:
Reply 29
Original post by M_E_X
According to your match history you haven't played ranked for 11 days (since the 5th of August, when you played two games and lost them both with scores of 3-6 and 5-10), but apart from that, cool.

They are champions which dominate new players very easily but are very easy to counter when you have a bit of experience. So, new players get dominated by them then try to play them, but fail at it. What's your in game name? We should play sometime :h:

I know. They're not bad by design, it's just that I always get stuck (when I public, which I usually don't) with some spaz who is like "I play yi I go backdoor" and then does nothing but feed and whine about some char being OP or how they only had "10hp!!!111one" when he dove them at the turret at level 1. To be fair, this sums it up:

http://imgur.com/sjADW
Reply 30
Original post by M_E_X

I've only had time to play some customs and going random + trolling normal games with friends recently.
I'd rather not play ranked when I'm rusty ):
work again tomorrow, hell yeah.
Reply 31
If anyone wants to add me, my user is Bobbyboyblue (dont ask!!)
Reply 32
Original post by Lozzaa
Oh yeah, I forgot right clicking is a skill that you cannot be taught, but rather, have to be born with ^^

dude are you joking? melee champs can easily be kited or burst down to little or no health by a good caster.

Just because melee champs dont use many spells doesn't make them require less skill.. Quite the contrary in fact..
Original post by danny111
Most played game but doesnt even get a 2nd page on TSR?

What is up with that?

I think you've never heard of dota. its only a funmap but has even more players than lol...
Reply 34
Original post by the_decider
I think you've never heard of dota. its only a funmap but has even more players than lol...

Yea well I have. I even played it.

And what?
Reply 35
1700s on the NA server which is my main, only have a level 11 account on the EUW server though :/
Add me if you wanna play!
Reply 36
Gotta say, I do love League of Legends. Ezreal/Yi/Malzahar. Can't wait for the new Dominion stuff coming out, should give it a new lease of life!

That said, with DotA2 just around the corner, I'm thinking LoL might lose some significant fanbase...
LoL needs to put more time into maps rather than champions if they want to retain players against dota imo, even if it's a standard 3-lane setup.

If anyone wants to join a LoL clan in EU west then check out http://clan-exe.enjin.com/recruitment or add me for some games (Fyreblade)!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
yeah i hoped they'd do a new map as the game is getting more popular but oh well. kinda looking forward to having ago on dominion but some of my friends think its going to be bad. anyways, i usually play caitlyn but sometimes play kennen and amumu and few others that im not as good as lol
Original post by Smile04
yeah i hoped they'd do a new map as the game is getting more popular but oh well. kinda looking forward to having ago on dominion but some of my friends think its going to be bad. anyways, i usually play caitlyn but sometimes play kennen and amumu and few others that im not as good as lol

I think Dominion will be good, but having played a similar game mode in WoW I already know that there will be some incredibly frustrating games ahead.. just because the map is more fluid than in the current 2 maps.

Might get together with my clan and try a build where all 5 of us take Clairvoyance though :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest