The Student Room Group

Why do women find the "ripped look" attractive?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bmqib
typical tsr response

Prove it. :colone:
Reply 181
Original post by itzme
Are you implying that I am shallow? I just meant that I prefer a strong and confident man who earns the respect of others because I am the total opposite. I don't mean I want someone who looks like a gangster, fights for fun etc. I obviously like smart people, but I noticed that the built ones not only are stronger physically, but also much more practical and I really want someone who can make me feel safe.

Obviously not to begrduge your decision here... but I don't understand what you would need to feel safe from?

In today's world most things which would take a woman's life would most likely have the same effect on a man.

E.g. a bullet in the head, terrorist explosions.

In a world with biological warfare, nuclear missiles etc. you would probably be safer if you were partnered with someone who was a professional hacker than someone who could only rely on physical force.
Reply 182
Original post by rogerharris
IKES !! women are such pussies !!

And we should take full advantage of this.

If they don't take the risks that we can, they probably won't be as innovative or pioneering as us.
multiply his ignorance and cockiness by 100, divide his IQ by 3, then clone him 2 million times. That’s what we’re dealing with down here. They’re delusional, cocky, disrespectful, uneducated, obnoxious, super arrogant, and rude. And that’s just their women. The men are the real rednecks. They walk around with a sense of self-entitlement
Original post by effofex
And we should take full advantage of this.

If they don't take the risks that we can, they probably won't be as innovative or pioneering as us.

yes thats true, and the flipside is when women are your tutors or bosses, you get punished for pushing the envelope !
uh oh, i just made sexist statement.

I mean when "some women" are your tutors of course. I mean look at exceptions like...mmmm

temple grandin !
Original post by effofex
Obviously not to begrduge your decision here... but I don't understand what you would need to feel safe from?

In today's world most things which would take a woman's life would most likely have the same effect on a man.

E.g. a bullet in the head, terrorist explosions.

In a world with biological warfare, nuclear missiles etc. you would probably be safer if you were partnered with someone who was a professional hacker than someone who could only rely on physical force.

You are forgetting... mmm i need to be careful i might say something sexist.

Ok.. Female brains are different than male brains, that is scientific facts. (i have 100 references for this at my disposal so dont argue ).

Females will feel all kinds of anxieties that have no rational cause at certain times of a month and require protection (from themselves).

paradoxically they have absolutely zero anxiety at another particular time of the month at which time men will have to protect themselves from other men, which the females bring into such mens lives due to said lack of anxiety !

In both cases its the same thing, men need to protect, either women from themselves, or themselves from other men women subconsciously flirt with !
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 187
yes thats true, and the flipside is when women are your tutors or bosses, you get punished for pushing the envelope !

So what if they are your tutors or bosses. Just be assertive and innovative. Thankfully I work in a very male-dominated environment. Competitiveness, innovation, ideas, jokes etc. are all part and parcel of how we do things.
Reply 188
Ripped = Steroids.
Reply 189
Original post by laura130490
Not every guy can get "ripped though" some guys are just naturally skinny and find it impossible to beef up like other men can. I would say that is genetic. Obviously back in the day it was advantageous for a guy to be strong and healthy, they could hunt and fight better, and not succumb to as many illnesses. They were good potential partners and fathers as they could provide for and protect their partners. Their offspring were likely to "take after" their father as well and be strong, fit and healthy.

Yeah they can..they're just doing it wrong, i used to be one of those "naturally skinny" guys

Original post by x-friends
Ripped = Steroids.

No
Reply 190
You are forgetting... mmm i need to be careful i might say something sexist.

Ok.. Female brains are different than male brains, that is scientific facts. (i have 100 references for this at my disposal so dont argue ).

Females will feel all kinds of anxieties that have no rational cause at certain times of a month and require protection (from themselves).

paradoxically they have absolutely zero anxiety at another particular time of the month at which time men will have to protect themselves from other men, which the females bring into such mens lives due to said lack of anxiety !

In both cases its the same thing, men need to protect, either women from themselves, or themselves from other men women subconsciously flirt with !

I don't think we have any obligation to 'protect' women. If we do, then we should be permitted gender-specific tax breaks, or the females should be paying us each a fee.

Why would men need to protect themselves from other men as a result of women's flirting though?
I don't find it attractive at all. actually a lot of the time it's a turnoff because they end up so self involved.
Reply 193
Maybe it's because of society. If the general view is that "ripped=sexy", or it comes up in a few books etc. more and more women believe it.
Reply 194
Original post by *Rouge*
Sex with a ripped guy >>> sex with a really skinny guy. Just saying it like it is.

Sexual ability and beefiness are two different things. A skinny man could very well be the best lay of anyone's life.
Reply 195
Not all girls.

Personally I like a guy to have tonned musle, but not "ripped".
Reply 196
Original post by QwentyJ
Sexual ability and beefiness are two different things. A skinny man could very well be the best lay of anyone's life.

He could be but given a choice, a lot of girls would rather bed the beefy guy than the skinny guy if asked to choose on the spot.
Original post by effofex
I don't think we have any obligation to 'protect' women. If we do, then we should be permitted gender-specific tax breaks, or the females should be paying us each a fee.

he he, good idea. Although they do pay us with sexual rewards which in turn reset our brains, and strengthen our immune system and in doing so make us even more powerful to be better protectors. its a homeostatic loop !

Not to mention providing comfort and solace when we lose in life, just dont lose more than 50% of the time though ! Then women provide little kiddywinkles who will drain our resources, then disappear until we are old, by which time they will come and sell our house to pay for a nice home in which they visit us every weekend if they can. what more do you want for cris-sakes !

Why would men need to protect themselves from other men as a result of women's flirting though?

to make sure we dont get lazy and complacent of course, and make sure we are sharp and attentive at least once every month.

Just look at women like having a steady up and down monthly wave in your life. I plotted my girlfriends ovulations and periods on a calender. During her period I realised I could pretty much do what i like. Take apart an engine in the bathroom and she had little resistance.

During ovulations she suddenly liked to go out a lot, and be bitchy and critical, praising this and that other man, on TV or where-ever. Suddenly becomes fearless, brazen and unpredictable. I had to be constantly watchful, attentive and stay on top of things. Hell it only lasts about 4 days a month, so not that big a deal now that milkmen are a thing of the past. Just check her emails and facebooks at that time of month though. Thats ovulations new communication channel. always make sure you have their passwords.

not sure if i would recommend my advice though. my relationships never last more than 3 years !
because it's alpha
Why do men like nice tits and ass?

I wouldn't bother asking TSR girls though, most are probably overweight and probably ugly.

Quick Reply

Latest