The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Business School Students 2012

Hey!

Just wanted to know if there is anyone who made Brookes their firm/insurance choice on UCAS for a Business School degree.

I firmed OB for Business & Marketing Management for 2012.
Can't wait to start.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiiii

I've got an unconditional offer to do Accounting and Finance starting in September. Ahh can't wait to start either :biggrin:
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Aww well done. That's well good!! :smile:

Are you from London?
Reply 3
Original post by mjones06
Aww well done. That's well good!! :smile:

Are you from London?

Thanks :smile: It does feel nice not having the pressure of A-levels! Good luck with your exams!

Yeah I'm from London. I originally wanted to go to uni far away but I've fallen in love with Oxford :biggrin: what about you?

Where are you thinking of living? I know the business school is in Wheatley but I don't think I actually want to stay there. Clive Booth seems nice :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by josiexoxo
Thanks :smile: It does feel nice not having the pressure of A-levels! Good luck with your exams!

Yeah I'm from London. I originally wanted to go to uni far away but I've fallen in love with Oxford :biggrin: what about you?

Where are you thinking of living? I know the business school is in Wheatley but I don't think I actually want to stay there. Clive Booth seems nice :smile:

I'm actually quite fortunate enough to be studying BTEC, so its all coursework and it's nearly all done! :smile:

Awesome so am I. Totally looking forward to moving to Oxford in September, my friend told me enough before I even went to see it for me to love it lol.

I'm thinking about Clive Booth, I really liked it there or possibly Paul Kent, even though its a bit out, I've been told the bus route to Wheatley is not as packed. Nontheless I'm torn between those two for my main choices. Still waiting for the bloody application letter/pack to come in the post. :confused:
Reply 5
I'm actually quite fortunate enough to be studying BTEC, so its all coursework and it's nearly all done! :smile:

Awesome so am I. Totally looking forward to moving to Oxford in September, my friend told me enough before I even went to see it for me to love it lol.

I'm thinking about Clive Booth, I really liked it there or possibly Paul Kent, even though its a bit out, I've been told the bus route to Wheatley is not as packed. Nontheless I'm torn between those two for my main choices. Still waiting for the bloody application letter/pack to come in the post. :confused:

Ah that's so good you don't have exams either!

I visited recently, it's so pretty haha. I quite like that it's small in comparison to London too. Need to check out the nightlife, do you know if it's meant to be any good? I'm sure there will be some pretty good places considering there are two unis there.

I knowwww, I really want the application pack to hurry up. Paul Kent seems alright, bit expensive for me though. Even Clive Booth non ensuite is pushing it a bit! I swear Brookes accommodation is so expensive :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by josiexoxo
Ah that's so good you don't have exams either!

I visited recently, it's so pretty haha. I quite like that it's small in comparison to London too. Need to check out the nightlife, do you know if it's meant to be any good? I'm sure there will be some pretty good places considering there are two unis there.

I knowwww, I really want the application pack to hurry up. Paul Kent seems alright, bit expensive for me though. Even Clive Booth non ensuite is pushing it a bit! I swear Brookes accommodation is so expensive :frown:

It is so beautiful, I love it up there.

My friend is in 2nd year and she said the nightlife is pretty good, they have the O2 Academy up in town and I've seen a few bars around as well and I'm aware there's like 15 nightclubs around town which is pretty cool.

Ahh I know right. All accommodation is quite overpriced depending on your budget really. My Finance entitlement just covers some of my rent per term.. But hopefully I'll transfer my job up to Oxford so I'll be able to earn money.

If you're looking for somewhere a bit cheaper than Paul Kent or Clive Booth, my friend told me her 1st year friend lives in Warneford Hall and the rooms there are very nice. I'm gonna look into it. But I'm gonna give the accommodation office a ring on Monday because this is really bad..:mad:
Reply 7
Hi I'm going to do Business Management and Publishing Media :smile: so yeah on a business course as well. Though the O2 Academy has nice bands it's not really a very spectacular club. There are a lot of nice pubs, Cape of good hope my favorite, and some nice clubs as well though, depends on what you like.
Reply 8
Ahhh Publishing Media combined is pretty cool!! You will enjoy it a lot! :smile:
Reply 9
Ahhh Publishing Media combined is pretty cool!! You will enjoy it a lot! :smile:

I really do hope so :smile: The interview was awesome and I had a feeling that it might be interesting, I declined Soton for criminology and psychology for it so I was hoping it would be worth it :colondollar: Don't believe there will be many combining Business with Publishing unfortunately. As I have seen most people make sane choices like you did as well :wink:
Reply 10
I plan to be doing the Business and Marketing Management course as well! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by delaura04
I plan to be doing the Business and Marketing Management course as well! :smile:

Awesome! Are you a UK or International student? :smile:
Reply 12
Awesome! Are you a UK or International student? :smile:

UK. I'm already from Oxfordshire so would be living at home.
Original post by lexutza
Hi I'm going to do Business Management and Publishing Media :smile: so yeah on a business course as well. Though the O2 Academy has nice bands it's not really a very spectacular club. There are a lot of nice pubs, Cape of good hope my favorite, and some nice clubs as well though, depends on what you like.

Hey I'm studying Publishing Media as well, I haven't combined it though. The course looks really good, I'm starting to get excited about going! :biggrin: Glad I've found someone studying the same subject!

Has anyone else not received their accommodation letter yet? Starting to get a little worried the place I want to stay will get full up haha!
Reply 14
Original post by delaura04
UK. I'm already from Oxfordshire so would be living at home.

Aww okay, at least you'll be in my lectures :smile:
You can give me the lowdown on Oxford life :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by Laura Wilshire
Hey I'm studying Publishing Media as well, I haven't combined it though. The course looks really good, I'm starting to get excited about going! :biggrin: Glad I've found someone studying the same subject!

Has anyone else not received their accommodation letter yet? Starting to get a little worried the place I want to stay will get full up haha!

That sounds good, you are the first person studying Publishing i met as well but the lecturer I had my interview with said there are about 50-60 ppl on the course each year so I expect there should be some more.

As for accommodation, I wouldn't worry because I live in Romania and I got mine a week or two ago so you should get it soon, if you have an conditional then the allocation is in August so you have plenty of time to fill in your choices and it's random as well so don't think there are more chances to get your first choice if you apply early:smile:
Original post by lexutza
That sounds good, you are the first person studying Publishing i met as well but the lecturer I had my interview with said there are about 50-60 ppl on the course each year so I expect there should be some more.

As for accommodation, I wouldn't worry because I live in Romania and I got mine a week or two ago so you should get it soon, if you have an conditional then the allocation is in August so you have plenty of time to fill in your choices and it's random as well so don't think there are more chances to get your first choice if you apply early:smile:

Oh that's alright then :smile: I've been searching on here for ages looking for someone doing the same course, or a thread about the course but couldn't find any except for you haha! Not long now till we start :biggrin:

Thanks for the info! I'm not as worried anymore :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Laura Wilshire
Oh that's alright then :smile: I've been searching on here for ages looking for someone doing the same course, or a thread about the course but couldn't find any except for you haha! Not long now till we start :biggrin:

Thanks for the info! I'm not as worried anymore :smile:

You are welcome :smile: and yeah not long now but still have my exams in July :rolleyes:
Reply 18
Hey!
I've got an offer for Accounting and finance too! cant waittt! :biggrin: went to the open day, was just amazed how awesome Oxford and the uni is! Im kinda confused on halls though, I know Lady Spencer is in Wheatley but it doesnt seem to show on the halls 4 all part of the website :/ tbh though think Im going for Clive Booth, looked pretty good and it looked closer to everything, Wheatley looks quite out of the way ha
Original post by JakeyBoy92
Hey!
I've got an offer for Accounting and finance too! cant waittt! :biggrin: went to the open day, was just amazed how awesome Oxford and the uni is! Im kinda confused on halls though, I know Lady Spencer is in Wheatley but it doesnt seem to show on the halls 4 all part of the website :/ tbh though think Im going for Clive Booth, looked pretty good and it looked closer to everything, Wheatley looks quite out of the way ha

Halls 4 all is for continuing students, not new students. As you are joining the university as a new student then you will be looking at all accommodation halls. As a note, i have said before that just because you are studying at Wheatley doesnt mean u have to live there. Majority of students don't.

Quick Reply