The Student Room Group

Glasgow A100 Applicants - 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cephalosporin
:biggrin::biggrin: That's amazing. I can never imagine myself running marathons! I've only walked one once but that doesn't count. Literally the furthest I've ran non-stop is from where I live to the bus stop.

Haha it's not that amazing, only 13 miles. If you actually enjoy running as a sport like I do then I imagine it's much easier :smile:
Reply 1221
Original post by Scottasaurus
Running for fun atm but thinking of doing it for Macmillan. Its actually July haha so even longer. Its not a case of finishing because I could do it fine as is but I wsnt to get a great time too :biggrin: got my weekly 5K in Dundee tomorrow so that should be good

I ran one a few months ago for Run to the beat 'Get kids going' :smile: Unlike the proper marathon (miles 20+ are the worst haha) you should revel the half marathon run, it's a much more enjoyable race. What sort of time you aiming for? :biggrin: Lemme know how it goes :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1222
Looks like I'm out of the virtual competition but just got offer for my back up on my Glasgow predicted date. Hmm...
Reply 1223
Original post by PG593
I ran one a few months ago for Run to the beat 'Get kids going' :smile: Unlike the proper marathon (miles 20+ are the worst haha) you should revel the half marathon run, it's a much more enjoyable race. What sort of time you aiming for? :biggrin: Lemme know how it goes :smile:

The Nike one with the djs? You have to sign up to it don't you, how much did that cost.
Wee running alliance going on here.
Reply 1224
Original post by Chi-
The Nike one with the djs? You have to sign up to it don't you, how much did that cost.
Wee running alliance going on here.

Yeah! That's the one :smile: I signed up with my running team, we all raised £ for different charities but it was awesome to do it together. The entry fee was like £35 ish. Man if we all get to Glasgow, be amazing to form a running squad or something like that :biggrin:
Original post by PG593
Yeah! That's the one :smile: I signed up with my running team, we all raised £ for different charities but it was awesome to do it together. The entry fee was like £35 ish. Man if we all get to Glasgow, be amazing to form a running squad or something like that :biggrin:

Do you take people who can't run very far, like me? :P
P.S Good luck with Barts, PG! :colondollar: Go and rock it.
Reply 1226
Original post by PG593

What is your preferred choice again?
Yeah no bother, GSR!!!
Reply 1227
Original post by Cephalosporin
Do you take people who can't run very far, like me? :P
P.S Good luck with Barts, PG! :colondollar: Go and rock it.

Of course, we'll whip you in shape, build up your endurance :smile: 10 Mile run before every PBL session...no excuses! :biggrin:

Haha aww cheers bud, I know yours is the day after so all the best to you, knock'em dead, that' an order :smile:

Original post by Chi-
What is your preferred choice again?
Yeah no bother, GSR!!!

Hehe it would be between Glasgow and Barts. How about you?
:horse: :horse: :horse:
I know it's super late but Gong Hei Fat Choi to us all!
:horse: :horse: :horse:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PG593

Don't know, I'll see closer to the time
Will do :P
Original post by PG593

Hell yeah we should! :L
Reply 1230
Talking about marathons, yes I'm in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1231
I've been told that some more interviews were held on Friday
That means we will have even longer to wait for decisions then :frown: and increased competition. This wait is killing me!
Reply 1233
Just emailed Glasgow regarding when we can expect to hear regarding offers/rejections and got this response.

"Our decision making process is due to commence this week and all applicants will be contacted in due course."

Makes me think it won't be this week we will hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lpo
Just emailed Glasgow regarding when we can expect to hear regarding offers/rejections and got this response.

"Our decision making process is due to commence this week and all applicants will be contacted in due course."

Makes me think it won't be this week we will hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sounds like it!
Reply 1235
But at least they are done with all interviews... I assume right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1236
Original post by calum_c
I've been told that some more interviews were held on Friday

Told by who?
Reply 1237
THIS IS HORRIBLE! I JUST REALLY WANNA KNOW I JUST really really wanna go to glasgow i love it there so much please just tell usssssss UUUuuuuGGghhhh :frown:
Original post by IngridK
THIS IS HORRIBLE! I JUST REALLY WANNA KNOW I JUST really really wanna go to glasgow i love it there so much please just tell usssssss UUUuuuuGGghhhh :frown:

^THIS.

Something tells me we'll have to wait until mid - late March... (They also only stopped interviewing around mid - February back in 2012 and people were kept waiting until the very last day of the month of March)
Reply 1239
AHHH OFFER! :biggrin:

Conditional for AB in Advanced Highers! Came through Track at 19:01.

Anyone else?? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest