The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know the acceptance percentage at the university of nottingham for pharmacy applicant with only abbb/ abb grades instead of of aab?
Original post by 713Wave
Does anyone know the acceptance percentage at the university of nottingham for pharmacy applicant with only abbb/ abb grades instead of of aab?

Hi,

Unfortunately i don't think you can find info about that unless you call/email the uni? Although, there is extra info in this website I found: http://university.which.co.uk/university-of-nottingham-n84/pharmacy-4-years-9000-b230-56995
It has info on offers which might slightly help? :smile:
Original post by 713Wave

Think you can find that information on unistats! Have a look around the pharmacy at Nottingham and I think it shows the percentage of students accepted at different ucas points
Anyone international applied for pharmacy in the uk ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3024
Anyone going to Strathclyde?
Original post by JS98
Anyone going to Strathclyde?

Yeah I'm going to Strathclyde!
Do you reckon liverpool john moores will let me in with bbb/bbc i was offered 320 ucas points ? :/
Original post by jadder1224
Do you reckon liverpool john moores will let me in with bbb/bbc i was offered 320 ucas points ? :/

Are they your firm? At the interview day, when I applied they told us that if ljmu is your firm choice and even if you got grades as low as ccc they'd take you, but that was for 300 Ucas points offer. I'd guess yours would be similar anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
Are they your firm? At the interview day, when I applied they told us that if ljmu is your firm choice and even if you got grades as low as ccc they'd take you, but that was for 300 Ucas points offer. I'd guess yours would be similar anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there, yes they are my firm :smile: Hopefully i'll get in , thanks for your reply, have u firmed liverpool?
Original post by jadder1224
Hi there, yes they are my firm :smile: Hopefully i'll get in , thanks for your reply, have u firmed liverpool?

No I applied a few years ago! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
No I applied a few years ago! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, haha okay, and thankyou I think I'm gonna need it!
Original post by temi.h.o.
Hiya!
I'm a pharmacy student going into her third year from the university of portsmouth, will answers any questions!
Wishing you guys good luck as you wait for your exam results!

Hi I insured Portsmouth but never got a chance to visit there, how has the experience there and the quality of the course teaching and facilities etc.. been so far? And do you think I could get into there with, say, BBC or BCC through clearing? Thanks in advance !
(edited 7 years ago)
Has anyone received an e-mail from aston uni about how " it's not too late to study in birmingham"?? Aston is my firm choice 😁
Original post by halima25
Has anyone received an e-mail from aston uni about how " it's not too late to study in birmingham"?? Aston is my firm choice 😁

Good luck tomorrow! Thanks for making us your firm choice. You will have received that email as you gave your email address to one of the forms on our website.*

Our Pharmacy course will be going into clearing tomorrow at BBB.

Josh*
Original post by MedioCentro97
Hi I insured Portsmouth but never got a chance to visit there, how has the experience there and the quality of the course teaching and facilities etc.. been so far? And do you think I could get into there with, say, BBC or BCC through clearing? Thanks in advance !

I loved the pharmacy in the first year, Portsmouth try and get everyone up to the same level in the first year but do beginning to start the details as well, I have heard that the first year course has some new additions to it like placement days plus the addition of the personal formulary (you researching on drugs and conditions and basically putting your own folder together) to help prepare students for pre reg really early! The facilities are super good,the dispensary is large and teaching rooms and lecture halls are in a great condition and the laboratories and simulation labs are also very good. Course teaching is very good with some lectures and than others are meh, for the meh ones honestly just go to the recommended textbooks and you will be able to sort yourself from there, most lecturers are always available to help through and scheduling meetings to help small groups and lecturers do try to listen to their students. So far at portsmouth, I have been relatively happy but you get out what you put in, put in effort and you will get out a good experience.
You could get with BBC/BCC depending on how much experience you have and your eagerness for doing pharmacy, but then again anything can happen during clearing!
Hope this helps!
Reply 3035
Got into Manchester, wohoo!!!
Original post by Luca29
Got into Manchester, wohoo!!!

wow congrats!!! :biggrin:

Check out the Manchester forum we have where you can talk to current students about uni life over there
GOT INTO NOTTINGHAM
I dropped a grade but they still let me in so shocked
Original post by tcameron
GOT INTO NOTTINGHAM
I dropped a grade but they still let me in so shocked

good job!!! That's pretty normal for them to let in people with a grade below :tongue:
Hey guys
I need help
i got accepted for kingston foundation is it worth going through clearing or should I accept what I have
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending