The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sadia.Z
What!!! Now I'm worried!!:redface: Lol.. Which branch have you applied for??

Adult branch :P That's still pretty competetive, it's like three applicants per place, but nothing like FIFTEEN PLACES IN TOTAL

I feel bad now, I hope I haven't made you overly worried :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by Skip_Snip
Adult branch :P That's still pretty competetive, it's like three applicants per place, but nothing like FIFTEEN PLACES IN TOTAL

I feel bad now, I hope I haven't made you overly worried :frown:

Tbh you've made me more eager to stand out and do my best on my interview.. So thanks.. :biggrin:.. Nerves are natural but the problem is controlling them.. Lol.. I was thinking for applying for adult but child suits me best :smile:
Which Uni's have you applied to??
Reply 42
Original post by Sadia.Z
Tbh you've made me more eager to stand out and do my best on my interview.. So thanks.. :biggrin:.. Nerves are natural but the problem is controlling them.. Lol.. I was thinking for applying for adult but child suits me best :smile:
Which Uni's have you applied to??

Ahh cool, make sure you're amaazziiingg and hook a place :biggrin:

I've applied to Bedford, DMU, Nottingham, Derby and Northampton :smile: I've had my interviews for Bedford (it was in Luton) and DMU, and due to a pile of unfortunate bus circumstances I missed my Northampton one :frown: which would have been my last choice anyway :wink: I have interviews for Derby in February and Notts in March :biggrin:

How bout you?
Reply 43
Last year I was told at my Manchester interview in the December, that at that point (half way) they had over 50 applications per place. Southampton was similar.

I seem to remember that Manchester had 40 places, CCC and Brighton only had 20 places and there's about 80 of us at Southampton. (Child branch).

Don't worry, someone has to get in so why not you guys.

Good luck.
Reply 44

I'm sure you will get into your first choice. :smile: I have applied to Uni of Manchester, Salford, UCLAN, and ManMet. Uclan declined me for having less experience buh I got my interviews from Manchester and Salford. My Manchester interview had to be re-scheduled for 11th of Jan. I think my Salford interview is at the beginning of Feb. I'l try doing my best but once your in that interviewing room everything changes. Lol. Both Manchester and Salford are first 2 choices but I'm more eager to get into Manchester. Hooooppee I get in. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just got one conditional so far from Surrey and got an interview at Northumbria on the 14th Jan - has anyone else got an interview at Northumbria the same day?
Reply 46
[QUOTE="Sadia.Z;35600555"]

I'm sure you will get into your first choice. :smile: I have applied to Uni of Manchester, Salford, UCLAN, and ManMet. Uclan declined me for having less experience buh I got my interviews from Manchester and Salford. My Manchester interview had to be re-scheduled for 11th of Jan. I think my Salford interview is at the beginning of Feb. I'l try doing my best but once your in that interviewing room everything changes. Lol. Both Manchester and Salford are first 2 choices but I'm more eager to get into Manchester. Hooooppee I get in. :biggrin:

Niiiice, at the times of your interviews I shall keep everything crossed for you!:smile:
Reply 47

[QUOTE="Skip_Snip;35601853"]
Original post by Sadia.Z

Niiiice, at the times of your interviews I shall keep everything crossed for you!:smile:

Aaaawh.. Thankyouuuuu. :biggrin:.. Have you had all your replies from your Uni choices??
Reply 48
[QUOTE="Sadia.Z;35603404"]

Aaaawh.. Thankyouuuuu. :biggrin:.. Have you had all your replies from your Uni choices??

Indeeeeed, interview offers from all :biggrin:

I have two remaining, three if Northampton let me rescudule :smile:
Reply 49

[QUOTE="Skip_Snip;35603618"]
Original post by Sadia.Z

Indeeeeed, interview offers from all :biggrin:

I have two remaining, three if Northampton let me rescudule :smile:

Woww.. That is really good.. Your spoilt for choice now.. Lol. :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by glf2110

Original post by glf2110
Last year I was told at my Manchester interview in the December, that at that point (half way) they had over 50 applications per place. Southampton was similar.

I seem to remember that Manchester had 40 places, CCC
and Brighton only had 20 places and there's about 80 of us at Southampton. (Child branch).

Don't worry, someone has to get in so why not you guys

Good luck.

Thankss.. Its just the pressure of being put on the spot when asked a question infront of 6/8 other people.. Nerves!! Lol.. I hope I get in.. What branch are you doing? :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Sadia.Z

Woww.. That is really good.. Your spoilt for choice now.. Lol. :smile:

Hehe thanksss :smile: I may not be spoilt for choice unless I get offers from all :P my tutor says with my results, work experience and personal statement I should have a choice between at least two offers, but I still knock on wood :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by Sadia.Z
Thankss.. Its just the pressure of being put on the spot when asked a question infront of 6/8 other people.. Nerves!! Lol.. I hope I get in.. What branch are you doing? :smile:

Child branch. Just rehearse your answers to standard questions and read up on current health issues. It won't sound rehearsed and you won't be left stumped for answers. Whilst the others talk, it'll give you time to get your thoughts together. It really isnt that bad. I thought it would be but was proved wrong. It's quite good fun. :smile:
Reply 53

Hehe thanksss :smile: I may not be spoilt for choice unless I get offers from all :P my tutor says with my results, work experience and personal statement I should have a choice between at least two offers, but I still knock on wood :biggrin:

Don't worry they must have considered you as a suitable candidate otherwise the Uni's wouldn't have called for an interview. :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by glf2110

Original post by glf2110
Child branch. Just rehearse your answers to standard questions and read up on current health issues. It won't sound rehearsed and you won't be left stumped for answers. Whilst the others talk, it'll give you time to get your thoughts together. It really isnt that bad. I thought it would be but was proved wrong. It's quite good fun. :smile:

Thanks for that.. Its good reassurance knowing that it won't be awkward.. Lol.. Like they won't ask trick questions and that. How you finding it?? What Uni you studying at?? :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Sadia.Z
Thanks for that.. Its good reassurance knowing that it won't be awkward.. Lol.. Like they won't ask trick questions and that. How you finding it?? What Uni you studying at?? :smile:

No trick questions. (apart from one uni which asked why they should take me over the other students) :smile:

Im Child branch at Southampton and love it. Find the Biology quite hard as I didn't do it at A level. First placement this month. :eek:
Original post by R Lynch
Hey :smile:
I've applied to Surrey, Southampton, Birmingham, Kings College London and Oxford Brookes for child nursing
I've had interviews at Surrey Southampton and Birmigham and have recieved offers from all 3. I've got an interview at King's tommorow but haven't heard anything from brookes.
Be calm and confident.
Why nursing? Why the chosen branch? think of examples of communication team work stressful situations, why have you applied to those particualr uni's hope this helps

Have you heard anything from Oxford Brookes yet? :smile: Still no news :'(
Reply 57
Original post by clolovesyou
Have you heard anything from Oxford Brookes yet? :smile: Still no news :'(

Hey, ye I got rejected didnt even have an interview, I was surprised as they had the lowest grades and i got offers from the other 4!! Where else have you applied for?
I've applied for Child Nursing at UEA, Brighton, Canterbury, LSBU and Middlesex. I' sent my application off at the beginning of December and have had acknowledgements from all but Brighton, heard nothing else yet :frown: . On the open day I asked the course director how many places they had and it was 16 for Child Nursing, I think UEA has 34, not sure of the others but LSBU and Middlesex have the most amount of places to offer I was told by my tutor.

I REALLY want to go to UEA or Brighton though!
Has anyone heard from Keele for child nursing yet?

I know that some people have interviews for adult already and they applied around the same time as me....starting to get a bit stressed :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending