The Student Room Group

WJEC GN1/FN1 AS oral examination - Revision tips?

Hi guys! Well as oral exams are fast approaching i'm currently planning a timetable so I can start revision as soon as possible for them, but i'd just like to know what specific revision techniques people are using/have used for the AS oral exam.

I'm studying both french and german and I am getting pretty nervous but I still have a decent amount of time left until my exams (German - 26th April, French - 4th may).

As stated in the thread heading I am on the WJEC exam board which entails two, four minute picture/text cards and a seven or eight minute general discussion.

So does anyone have any good ideas/techniques for revising for them? All advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Reply 1
i sat the wjec as french oral last year and managed to get an A :smile: the best thing way to prepsre is to learn the key vocabulary for each topic and practise the previous speaking cards. You should also attempt to prepare and familiarise yourself with the types of general topic questions. Practice makes perfect :smile: you might also wanna try recording your answers to these questions it definately helped me and helped push my overall AS mark up :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by L - Jilla94
i sat the wjec as french oral last year and managed to get an A :smile: the best thing way to prepsre is to learn the key vocabulary for each topic and practise the previous speaking cards. You should also attempt to prepare and familiarise yourself with the types of general topic questions. Practice makes perfect :smile: you might also wanna try recording your answers to these questions it definately helped me and helped push my overall AS mark up :tongue:

Great, thanks a lot :smile:. Do you have any set phrases that you feel helped you? I'm gonna try and throw in a few subjunctive phrases; Autant que je sache, il me semble que + subj. etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Scratchyjam
Great, thanks a lot :smile:. Do you have any set phrases that you feel helped you? I'm gonna try and throw in a few subjunctive phrases; Autant que je sache, il me semble que + subj. etc.

tbh what i did was to try and memorise the general vocab for each topic and threw in the occasional "grace a" phrases like that and a few subjunctives :smile: as long as you practise and youre reasonably fluent on the day you should be fine, its easy marks if you've done some preparation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending