The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

Debenhams is best by far. If you want really good quality underwear, general fashion retailers like new look are not your best bet
First, you need to get sized.

New look underwear is good, but they don't do above a DD cup and the DD is a struggle for support for me.

Two months ago I would have said La Senza so if there's still one open near you try there. If you're a D or below pretty much any high street clothes store can cater to you if you don't want to spend a lot - it's DD and up where it becomes a struggle!
Most normal shops don't sell my bra size. For everyday I go to Marks and Spencers, Bravissimo if I am feeling flush and want something really good. Debenhams I find too pricey, I once had a Primark bra and it was awful, but I like their pants. Ann Summers if I want something sexy although they do some nice everyday stuff too but not always in my size. BHS does some cute sets at reasonable prices.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1663
I like my New Look underwear, they are comfy :biggrin:

However I get my bras from Ann Summers; the fit on them is perfect for me and makes my boobs look great (which considering I don't have massive ones, it helps, hehe).
Original post by Instincts_2012
I've heard Ann Summers is one of the best :wink:

I believe the post starts with "Girls"

Anyhow.. umm I think JC penny is great!
Victoria Secret is good too. Only If i wanna treat myself. I can never get in there and not buy some of the body care products.

Edit : People why the negs? cause i was curious why i thought a guy was commenting on such a thread?...
well.. it started off as joke apparently you don't have a sense humor. I hope you all have a G'day..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by alexmagpie
First, you need to get sized.

New look underwear is good, but they don't do above a DD cup and the DD is a struggle for support for me.

Two months ago I would have said La Senza so if there's still one open near you try there. If you're a D or below pretty much any high street clothes store can cater to you if you don't want to spend a lot - it's DD and up where it becomes a struggle!

Especially when you have a small backsize. Nowhere seems to do 28s and even 30s are hard to find :emo:

La Senza was awful for bras :lol:
Original post by alexmagpie

I would still say La Senza as any shops they still have open are selling stuff quite cheap - got some gorgeous bras for £5 yesterday which for good quality in big sizes is near impossible elsewhere.
Original post by YaaahSarah
I believe the post starts with "Girls"

Anyhow.. umm I think JC penny is great!
Victoria Secret is good too. Only If i wanna treat myself. I can never get in there and not buy some of the body care products.

Oh! Sorry! haha, I'm a girl, my friend logged in to TSR on my laptop for me to ask questions etc (Needed help on some AS Biology), sort of got a bit side-tracked :tongue:
I've tried bras from literally everywhere, and my best one by far is the standard tshirt bra from tesco. Beats my marks and spencer, debenamns, topshop and new look ones by far.

For pants though, marks and spencer for sensible pants, topshop for quirky patterns
Reply 1669
Original post by Instincts_2012
I've heard Ann Summers is one of the best :wink:

STRANGER DANGER!

Seriously though i buy Bras from Ann Summers because well they do fit. Marks and Spencers are great too though. Underwear i buy from New look, M&S and Debenhams. Only got 2 pairs of underwear from Ann summers and their my pair for when its frisky time.
I second La Senza- if thats possible for you?

Otherwise- there is Debenhams or MandS or John Lewis.
New look bras are awful in my experience. M&S and debenhams are brilliant though. Knickers/thongs i have new look, primark, dp, debhenams and peacocks which are all good.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oops I always think underwear just means pants:

Underwear? What underwear :h:

kidding, anywhere really La Senza (which has now resurrected near me! Horrah!)
Ann Summers if its for special occasions ahem :wink:

Debenhams/MS/Primark for everyday

Although Primark's stuff lasts for all of three seconds so best not to get it unless you only plan on wearing it a few times. Great for camping and festivals though :biggrin:

For bras

presence in Dbhms is very good, the padding is just right and good support

Ann summers erm :/ they're pretty but that's about it
just about any clothes store really. TK Maxx has some cheap ones which are nice
(edited 11 years ago)
I think New Look bras are great, best fitting bras I've ever had. They do 3 pairs of Knickers for £7 I think as well.
Primark for knickers, Marks and Spencer for bras, La Senza for nice stuff as a treat.
Mainly M&S.
Reply 1676
Original post by inadilemma
I am seriously in need of new underwear. I have recently realised that I am wearing completely the wrong size bra. In any event, my bras are all extremely old and do nothing for me... put it this way: the bra I'm wearing at the moment must be at least three years old. Terrible, I know!

I have always bought my underwear from Marks and Spencer but I would really like some nicer underwear that doesn't all look the same and is a bit more my age (19).

I'm going to New Look tomorrow to buy some bits and was thinking of looking at the underwear there. Do you know if the bras there are any good? My sister buys her underwear from New Look and some of it looks really pretty.

Your thoughts? Where do you buy your underwear from?

I have bras from New Look and I like them :smile: I find I am generally a bigger cup size there though.

Ann Summers is nice if you want something special, though I find it too expensive unless I'm treating myself. Primark is good for cheap, they have bra and pants sets for a fiver, though sometimes you can't separate them to get the correct underwear size, plus if you are an 'unusual' band and cup size combination you might have to compromise a bit. But I find they're fine for keeping stocked up on standard bras. La Senza has surprisingly good deals and seem to fit OK.

Those are my experiences :smile:

xxx
Reply 1677
Marks and Spencers if you want something that fits really well XD New Look, for nicer prettier stuff :smile:
It really depends on your bra size. I am a 34DD and bras from cheaper places (Primark, New Look,Peacocks) have always been naff for me. They lasted about 2 wears before something snapped or some wire started protruding :tongue:

I have one M&S Bra and it is fab. Wasn't very cheap in my eyes but it is so comfortable. I also went to ASDA yesterday and got a bra there for £2. It is a normal t-shirt bra with a lovely flowery pattern..gorgeous, and also very very comfy :biggrin:
go to victorias secret :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest