Woodhouse College

Hiiiiiiii:biggrin:

Offers are coming out this week:eek:
Anyone else nervous??

Good Luck to all:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, I'm not sure about Woodhouse... but for Henrietta Barnett you need a minimum of 6As, then they'll pick those with a highest grades and prioritise the people who are closest to the school and those who are already studying there.

There'll probably be a lot of competition.. I think there's only about 20-30 places to fill up :O

Good luck for wherever you apply :-)
Original post by SlimySnail
Well, I'm not sure about Woodhouse... but for Henrietta Barnett you need a minimum of 6As, then they'll pick those with a highest grades and prioritise the people who are closest to the school and those who are already studying there.

There'll probably be a lot of competition.. I think there's only about 20-30 places to fill up :O

Good luck for wherever you apply :-)

Yeah, I know. Thanks anyway:smile:
Reply 3
I think if they give you a conditional offer, then you must get ATLEAST the entrance requirements
Original post by jLou711
I think if they give you a conditional offer, then you must get ATLEAST the entrance requirements

Oh okay, Thanks:biggrin:
I have got an interview with Woodhouse tomorrow and I am worried sick:s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by justanotherindigo

Heya, apologies of just butting in conversation. But I've applied for both WH and HBS. I have an interview with WH, and was wondering what it was like etc. But have yet to receive a retort from HBS. Woodhouse is my schools 'sixth form', so they prioritise us first 'apparently' if you attain the right predicted grades, but still doesn't tame the nerves :/
Original post by Roxanne Corker
Heya, apologies of just butting in conversation. But I've applied for both WH and HBS. I have an interview with WH, and was wondering what it was like etc. But have yet to receive a retort from HBS. Woodhouse is my schools 'sixth form', so they prioritise us first 'apparently' if you attain the right predicted grades, but still doesn't tame the nerves :/

Heya:h: and you didn't but in so don't worry about that!

I think that you go to Friern Barnet if I am not mistaken! The interview I had to cancel because of the snow, and I haven't yet recieved anything from HBS. HBS is my first choice and I really hope to get in. My best buddy got a direct offer at WH and she went to the meeting and said that it was really good:smile: If your predicted grades are high, and if you get an offer, then you must ensure that you achieve them. It also depends on what A-Levels you gonna take:smile: Hopefully, you will get into WH or HBS, just make sure that at the interview, you remain calm and don't move your hand all over the place:smile:
Reply 8
Heya:h: and you didn't but in so don't worry about that!

I think that you go to Friern Barnet if I am not mistaken! The interview I had to cancel because of the snow, and I haven't yet recieved anything from HBS. HBS is my first choice and I really hope to get in. My best buddy got a direct offer at WH and she went to the meeting and said that it was really good:smile: If your predicted grades are high, and if you get an offer, then you must ensure that you achieve them. It also depends on what A-Levels you gonna take:smile: Hopefully, you will get into WH or HBS, just make sure that at the interview, you remain calm and don't move your hand all over the place:smile:

Oh yes of course. Well as you can presume EVERYONE at my school is obsessed with WH, but I just don't know how to break it to some of them that they may not be accepted. But again it's dire news they have to be subjected too, and I have no interest in being the one to deliver such forlorn information. They can pine in their own time. Most at FBS are arrogant anyway, they delude themselves into thinking they can attend the best colleges when they don't implement the labour and toil into getting the grades. *Irked countenance* Thankyou doll, what school do you attend? :smile:
Reply 9
Does anyone know what they ask in WH?? I have an interview and they said I should bring a record of achievement but is that compulsory?? :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by blehh321
Does anyone know what they ask in WH?? I have an interview and they said I should bring a record of achievement but is that compulsory?? :s-smilie:

Hey. Well, yes I would say that the record of achievement is compulsory. You wouldn't want to turn up with nothing to exhibit for your 5 years at school. Normally they won't pose a query directly to your record of achievement and you have to basically direct conversation to it-don't gloat and shuv it in there face but just subtly mention something like 'Oh yes this is my interest-I actually have various certificates/awards for the subject actually' etc.

Question normally consist of:
Why this college?
Your greatest strengths? Why?
Weaknesses. Why?
Your interests-what you read/watch/extra curricular
Why you're interested in those courses
'Tell me about yourself' (Not a good moment to elaborate on the last party you went too and how you got 'So wasted' xD)
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Future career prospects
How Woodhouse college will assist you in these prospects
Any questions of your own will almost always come up-But it';s not compulsory to have any inquisitions. You would much rather just stay quite and fervent in your interview in this question then ask something that can easily be derived from the curriculum

Hope this helps-have a few friends who already attend there so inside info for you doll :wink:
Reply 11
Hey. Well, yes I would say that the record of achievement is compulsory. You wouldn't want to turn up with nothing to exhibit for your 5 years at school. Normally they won't pose a query directly to your record of achievement and you have to basically direct conversation to it-don't gloat and shuv it in there face but just subtly mention something like 'Oh yes this is my interest-I actually have various certificates/awards for the subject actually' etc.

Why this college?
Weaknesses. Why?
'Tell me about yourself' (Not a good moment to elaborate on the last party you went too and how you got 'So wasted' xD)
Future career prospects
Any questions of your own will almost always come up-But it';s not compulsory to have any inquisitions. You would much rather just stay quite and fervent in your interview in this question then ask something that can easily be derived from the curriculum

Hope this helps-have a few friends who already attend there so inside info for you doll :wink:

Awesome!! thank you so much!!! :biggrin: x

what time? mines on 2:30pm :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by DeathByBSOD

Mine's at 9:30am :afraid: My interviewer's the head of maths, Nigel Martin, and I'm freaking out right now. Anyone know anything about him or what he might potentially ask me?

My subject choices are French, Eng Lit, ICT and Maths. I want to change ICT to Chemistry, though, because people say it's not a brilliant course for university.

Would appreciate a reply tonight but I understand that it's already 11:30pm :P
Original post by DeathByBSOD

It was meant to be on 10:30am but I didn't go. I couldn't, and they said that they will try to re-schdule the interview! Best of Luck, and I'm sure it will go good:smile::smile:xx
Original post by EarthlingM
Mine's at 9:30am :afraid: My interviewer's the head of maths, Nigel Martin, and I'm freaking out right now. Anyone know anything about him or what he might potentially ask me?

My subject choices are French, Eng Lit, ICT and Maths. I want to change ICT to Chemistry, though, because people say it's not a brilliant course for university.

Would appreciate a reply tonight but I understand that it's already 11:30pm :P

Hey, i just saw that you have Mr Martin as your interviewer. He's a pretty serious guy, but an amazing Maths teacher (wish i had him). He might give you a few Maths questions to answer and just ask about you!
Don't be afraid, even though hes quite an intimidating fella.
Good Luck!
:wink:
Reply 16
Original post by Mike Hunt is nice
Hey, i just saw that you have Mr Martin as your interviewer. He's a pretty serious guy, but an amazing Maths teacher (wish i had him). He might give you a few Maths questions to answer and just ask about you!
Don't be afraid, even though hes quite an intimidating fella.
Good Luck!
:wink:

Sorry for not replying for so long. I saw your message though, so thanks!

Does he always kind of mumble when he speaks? There were times when I just nodded along and hoped he didn't ask me a question..

And he asked tons of questions - my interview lasted the whole half-hour. My dad said I was just about the last one out from my batch.

He was pretty nice though :smile:
Reply 17

Why this college?
Weaknesses. Why?
Future career prospects

Is a Duke Of Edinburgh certificate enough to take with me? I don't have any special certificates for subjects.
Reply 18
i had my interview on thursday with mrs grice, one of the politics teachers. it lasted an hour, which was apparently unusual and most interviews lasted around 20 minutes. the subject-related question i was asked was "talk to me about nick clegg" and the rest of the interview was spent discussing my living arrangements and subject choices. i applied to do biology, english literature, politics and philosophy and was advised to change the former two to chem and english language. i think it went well though, she was impressed with my grade predictions and extra-curriculars, so yay c:
hi
is it safe to say I'm too late to apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending