The Student Room Group

How many CARS do you have in your household?

My Dad has a car, My Mum has a car and my sister has a car. So we have three but i am looking to get one but my dad says three cars are more then enough?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by markread45
My Dad has a car, My Mum has a car and my sister has a car. So we have three but i am looking to get one but my dad says three cars are more then enough?

Ask him can you borrow his, then! :teeth:
Reply 2
If your sister lives at home could you share a car with your sister?

I think you have to consider where you would park it. If you have a driveway is there enough space for a fourth car? If you have allocated parking you may struggle or if you have to park on the street is there plenty of parking?

Personally in my house hold only I drive so we don't have this problem... but I know my friends that live at home and have siblings at home too share a car with their sibling.
We have 1...

My mum and dad both share it...

It might get passed down to me once I pass my driving test / get insurance :colondollar:

:erm:
Reply 4
4 in our house. One per parent, I have one, and my sister has one as well.
We have one car between four adults, three of whom can drive. Until last autumn we had three, but we sold two before we moved house.
2 cars and 3 hopefully next week
Reply 7
my dad has 2, my mum has 1, and I am probably going to get one when I finally pass my driving test
Reply 8
dan1909

is it worth having 4 cars?
Reply 9
When my sister and her boyfriend lived here we had five cars. Two in the garage which were my dads, two which were my sisters and her boyfriends cars and then there was mine as well. The people living over the road didn't like it too much though :tongue:

There's only three now as my sister and her boyfriend moved out last year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by markread45
dan1909

is it worth having 4 cars?

We all have need to access a car, often all at the same time, so yeah I'd say so.
Reply 11
Just one, it's my husbands.I cant drive.
Reply 12
Zwei.
1, there should be a poll :mob:
3, should be four soon if my other brother gets a car too. Then i'll be the only member of the family without one :frown:
Plenty of space in our drive though
Three - Mum's, Dad's and mine.

It's good mine's a little dinky car, or my dad's boat of a car would hang off the edge of our driveway (and, in fact, it does if he parks behind my mum, whose car is inexplicably long for a convertible).
Reply 16
my dad has a van and my mum has a car. I don't drive. Brother had one but he moved out.
Reply 17
Dont know how to do the poll
My mum lives on a housing estate and the number of cars is ridiculous. People park on their driveway (one space) on their lawn (!) and on the pavement in front of the house.

When I go past I just laugh and think "it's all debt!"

Four cars per house is just silly. I suppose it just shows how houses have become stupidly expensive and cars more affordable.
we have two. parents share them and i am insured on the small car. 2 cars between 3 drivers is fine. no need for me to have my own.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending