The Student Room Group

Gap Year Application Submission

Hi. I never applied at the end of AS year due to terrible grades but I am going to apply at the end of A2.

I have a few questions

A) Since by then I'll have full A-levels, my predicted grades from last year wont mean a thing right?

B) For AQA Biology, Chemistry and Edexcel Maths - Say I got a Super-High B at AS and a High A at A-level, will only the average of the two which would be an A go through? Or would they see both my AS and A2 grade. If so, would this make a difference to say that happened with all 3 subjects (High b AS and high A A2, A overall) - would this make a difference to applying somewhere with minimum 3 A's

C) If entry requirements are AAA, is there no way of applying with AAB?

Any information related to these would be greatly appreciated and pos rep donated!
Reply 1
Original post by Nullusion
Hi. I never applied at the end of AS year due to terrible grades but I am going to apply at the end of A2.

I have a few questions

A) Since by then I'll have full A-levels, my predicted grades from last year wont mean a thing right?

B) For AQA Biology, Chemistry and Edexcel Maths - Say I got a Super-High B at AS and a High A at A-level, will only the average of the two which would be an A go through? Or would they see both my AS and A2 grade. If so, would this make a difference to say that happened with all 3 subjects (High b AS and high A A2, A overall) - would this make a difference to applying somewhere with minimum 3 A's

C) If entry requirements are AAA, is there no way of applying with AAB?

Any information related to these would be greatly appreciated and pos rep donated!

1. You won't need predicted grades.

2.They'll probably place the emphasis on your A2's I'm not sure if you have to even put your AS's down on UCAS once you've completed the full A level.

3. You can try and there have been few success stories but consider it very high risk and make sure all you'll meet the requirements for your other choices (or consider retaking some modules during your second year).

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending