The Student Room Group

Official Thread: OCR MEI S2/M1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by groovy_q
Did anyone reject h0 for the rank test and the 11 marker, and accept h0 for the chi squared test?

I'm terrible at remembering what happened in exams, but I do seem to remember it going reject; accept; reject. So, assuming that's not false memory, I think so!
But again, I just remember there being 2 of 1 and 1 of another so this is vague af.

Edit: Unofficial MS says accept; accept; reject, and I got the same numbers as him so I think that might be the way acc. Yey memories.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone have the m1 june 15 paper for revision purposes?
Original post by Leechayy
Dunno if this'll help you guys out but...
:top::tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!

If this post gets a few reps I'll do a full unofficial mark scheme (it's worth doing it if helps more than just me :biggrin:)
(edited 7 years ago)
If you guys want a full in depth unofficial mark scheme for S2 let me know (or rep the post above to let me know indirectly ^^)
(edited 7 years ago)
http://www.mei.org.uk/files/2000papers/m105ja.pdf

can someon explain 2iii to me, how are the angles 120 30 and 30
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Thanks!

If this post gets a few reps I'll do a full unofficial mark scheme (it's worth doing it if helps more than just me :biggrin:)

please do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
What do you mean, like the difference between 0.4567 and 0.4568 for example?

I reckon boundaries will be higher. Was very similar to last year, a little easier in some aspects. The hardest part (i.e the part that I reckon most people lost marks on) was the last part, which was in last years paper and therefore more people would've been prepared for it.

Yep thats what I mean, would I lose any marks do you really reckon it will be 65+, I thought there was a lot for silly errors and not sure about the monotonic question
Original post by 11234
Yep thats what I mean, would I lose any marks do you really reckon it will be 65+, I thought there was a lot for silly errors and not sure about the monotonic question

You will lose marks if you made a mistake usually yes. I reckon so, was a very standard paper. Yeah that monotonic (or no assumption?) question will just mean that the 100 UMS boundary will probs be 71
Here is my unofficial S2 MEI OCR June 2016 Mark Scheme

A few things to add:

Spoiler

S2 June 2016 Unofficial Mark Scheme:

Spoiler

Phew that took SO LONG :biggrin: Please let me know of any errors I made :smile: Would appreciate the reps :wink:

Let me know how you think you did! I think I got anywhere from 69/72 to 72/72 based on memory of my answers not being perfect :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

A few things to add:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phew that took SO LONG :biggrin: Please let me know of any errors I made :smile: Would appreciate the reps :wink:

Let me know how you think you did! I think I got anywhere from 69/72 to 72/72 based on memory of my answers not being perfect :biggrin:

Thankyou for writing all this out!:smug::smug:

Assuming everything is correct here, I have 69-70 marks:ahee:

For the 0.9502 one, I did it like this:

Phi^-1(0.05)= -1.645
-1.645 x 3400 + 50600 < 45000
But stupid me said it was invalid rather than valid so I lose my marks there

Other than that, I'm good:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few things to add:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Appreciate this. Luckily that all looks really familiar! I remember the hypothesis conclusion ratio being 2:1 (as you've done) but I can't seem to remember what order they were in or whether it was 2 rejects or 2 accepts. My numbers are the same though so I guess I must have done it the same as you. :tongue:

Have a rep.

Edit: Ah yes reading the conclusions it's all flowing back. Idk why I suffer such brain-death when I leave an exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KingAweT
Does anyone have the m1 june 15 paper for revision purposes?

Here you go. Sorry if a bit last minute and for being a bit of a bad copy but better than nothing! :smile:

Do you know if you have to underline vectors? (eg i and j) Will we loose marks if we dont??

A few things to add:

Spoiler

Spoiler

For the hypothesis test in question one, the person wanted to know if there was NEGATIVE association, so wouldnt H1 be there is negative association between percentage and fertiliser?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by groovy_q
For the hypothesis test in question one, the person wanted to know if there was NEGATIVE association, so wouldnt H1 be there is negative association between percentage and fertiliser?

You are correct (I even put it in the question just forgot to put it in the hypothesis lool thanks)
Reply 194
If I get an answer in s2 thats one number off due to rounding do i lose marks
Original post by 11234
If I get an answer in s2 thats one number off due to rounding do i lose marks

1 at most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending