The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:redface:

I'm not sure if im posting in the right thread, let alone society :lol:

I have an IPod touch and I have many apps on the device.
I have a good idea for a game app but I'm not sure where to start.

I really would like to avoid paying entrance fees etc and from what I've searched on google, Im not sure I can trust them.

Can anyone help?

Original post by G8D
It's been like this for days.
My router has been off and on a few times (are there other ways to force dynamic IPs?)

Another issue: Windows is reading 22:51 when it's actually 21:51, and this is with Auto Detect DST checked. I had it unchecked to counteract this problem but apparently that can interfere with Google stuff. I've changed it back and reloaded Chrome and nothing happened.

No idea about the IPs. If you're on a static IP then I don't think there's anything you can do to change it, if you're on a dynamic system then you've probably been through a few already anyway. Do you have any other computers you can connect from? And, what happens if you try to connect to other secure sites, e.g. https://www.paypal.co.uk/uk ?
Original post by This Honest

:redface:

I'm not sure if im posting in the right thread, let alone society :lol:

I have an IPod touch and I have many apps on the device.
I have a good idea for a game app but I'm not sure where to start.

I really would like to avoid paying entrance fees etc and from what I've searched on google, Im not sure I can trust them.

Can anyone help?

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, are you wanting to write an iOS app yourself?
Original post by secretmessages
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, are you wanting to write an iOS app yourself?

Sorry, I have an idea for an app but I want to submit that idea to game developers. I don't know where to start or who to go to. I'm no tech guy so I know nothing about all the tech stuff behind it, so I can't make the app by myself

Sorry, I have an idea for an app but I want to submit that idea to game developers. I don't know where to start or who to go to. I'm no tech guy so I know nothing about all the tech stuff behind it, so I can't make the app by myself

Try making a thread in the Webmaster forum or the Mobile Phones forum, see if anyone else has had any experience with what you want to do :smile:
Try making a thread in the Webmaster forum or the Mobile Phones forum, see if anyone else has had any experience with what you want to do :smile:

I'll try and do that tommorow as more people will be online then
Thanks
Original post by Mad Vlad
Have any of you taken the plunge and completely ****canned Facebook in favour of Google+?

Original post by alexsheppard11
Nope, i use it quite a lot for finding out what is going on in terms of student societies, photography related stuff and for posting a tonne of photos.
I use a chat client for google talk, msn and facebook chat so i dont have to look at the facebook site all day.

Not yet, and again, I find out too much about what's going on at uni on Facebook
Reply 107
Just doing some cleanup on my web server, I discovered that Linode have added 4 GB of space to it since I last did any housekeeping. Not sure what I should do with that, try another distro maybe? :holmes:

Also, not had to reboot the server for over six months. :awesome:
Reply 108
Hi guys, wasn't really sure where to post this, but i'll try here!
Basically, just setup a paypal account to use for ebay. Do I need to add funds to use paypal-as in is that the whole point of paypal? so money comes from that instead of directly from my bank account?
Any help appreciated!
Reply 109
Original post by fnm
Hi guys, wasn't really sure where to post this, but i'll try here!
Basically, just setup a paypal account to use for ebay. Do I need to add funds to use paypal-as in is that the whole point of paypal? so money comes from that instead of directly from my bank account?
Any help appreciated!

U don`t need to deposit to paypal but you need to connect ur card to it. anyway, I reccomend moneybookers/Skrill
Reply 110
If any of you run a Linux server, you need this script. :awesome:

/usr/bin/uptime | perl -ne "/(\d+) d/;print 8,q(=)x\$1,\"D\n\""
Original post by Dez
If any of you run a Linux server, you need this script. :awesome:

/usr/bin/uptime | perl -ne "/(\d+) d/;print 8,q(=)x\$1,\"D\n\""

Why? What does it do?
Reply 112
It opens a back-door for Mr. Dez
Reply 113
Original post by Mad Vlad
Why? What does it do?

It's a graph of uptime, nothing too sinister... :colone:
Reply 114

This is what concerns me.... :biggrin:
Dear couriers,

This is useful:

Spoiler

This isn't:

Spoiler

Sincerely,

Someone who wants to be in bed.
Just tried out the Lumia 800 that came out today, lovely piece of kit. Getting mine next week for £120 with a free XBox which CEX will pay me £85 for. Not a bad deal methinks =D
Dear couriers,

This is useful:

Spoiler

This isn't:

Spoiler

Sincerely,

Someone who wants to be in bed.

dat sh*ttylink? :p:
Nice.

did you get your USB stick working in the end?
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
Nice.

did you get your USB stick working in the end?

Unfortunately not, they'd blocked off the admin tools pane which was annoying. Ended up having to buy a new one because the work had to be in that afternoon. £6 for a 1GB stick, I felt like I'd been stabbed :\

Latest

Trending

Trending