The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey I'm doing this exam :smile: its the Patrick Rcaing one right? What do you think of it? Have you understood the spreadsheet yet? x
Original post by strugglestudent
Hey I'm doing this exam :smile: its the Patrick Rcaing one right? What do you think of it? Have you understood the spreadsheet yet? x

hey yeah it is... im doing this thread for someone else, but to them it makes no sense! have you?
Hey I am doing this exam as well, so far me and my class have filled in three quarters of the model and I have a basic understanding of it. Contact me and we can speak more.
Hey, could you please post the scenario files here..my teacher hasn't yet given us the files. I will really appreciate. Thanks
Original post by DespicableMe
Hey, could you please post the scenario files here..my teacher hasn't yet given us the files. I will really appreciate. Thanks

message me your email & i will :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by c_alexa_stall
Hey I am doing this exam as well, so far me and my class have filled in three quarters of the model and I have a basic understanding of it. Contact me and we can speak more.

Hi Alexa
I think I'm beginning to understand the model but I'm confused that this year there are no files to import. Does your teacher think that there will be some in the exam or do we just use the pdf figures?
M
Reply 7
Hey guys, i'm doing this exam too. I have the scenario but not the model.
Anyone be kind to post the model please?
Original post by afzal123
Hey guys, i'm doing this exam too. I have the scenario but not the model.
Anyone be kind to post the model please?

message me your email and i will :smile:
Reply 9
Can anyone tell me the date in which you will be sitting?? :smile:

I HAVE THE PRACTICE SPREADSHEET
THE SCENARIO
AND ANOTHER FILE REGARDING SOME INFORMATION ABOUT PATRICK RACING..

IF ANYONE WANTS.. PLEASE GIVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS :smile:

THANKS
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MelissaSp
Hi Alexa
I think I'm beginning to understand the model but I'm confused that this year there are no files to import. Does your teacher think that there will be some in the exam or do we just use the pdf figures?
M

Hi Melissa, my teacher thinks that it is very strange that they have given us no text files to import yet believes that they might through that on us in the exam or some other details at us in the exam. I have now fully filled in the spread to the capacity which I can do with the information given. I used all the information that was given in the pdf and it helped a lot. If you want to speak about it anymore inbox me (:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
hey yeah it is... im doing this thread for someone else, but to them it makes no sense! have you?

No its so confusing! The formula's seem to be a bit complicated coz the basics ones don't seem to work.
Original post by c_alexa_stall

Hey my class and I have been trying to figure out the final weight on the summary workshhet... it would be great if you could help me please :smile: Thanx
Hey guys has anyone worked out the Lap record yet... I'm stuck on that one.... Please and Thanx :smile:
Reply 14
hi,

no laps
min car weight
car weight
driver weight
ballast

lap length
lap record

how can you find out these values???? please
thanks
Reply 15
please help me out
Reply 16
Hey I'm in the same class as strugglestudent and we were just wondering if anyone has figured out how to calculate the lap record yet? Do you think this information will be provided on the day of the exam or is it definately something we have to find the value of. thanks.
Original post by strugglestudent
Hey my class and I have been trying to figure out the final weight on the summary workshhet... it would be great if you could help me please :smile: Thanx

The Final weight on the summary sheet comes from the weight of the car plus the fuel weight on the stats sheet. Don't forget that the total weight of the car at the beginning of the race is 832.5 because the driver + the ballast + the car is 640 and then you add the weight of the fuel to it it which is 192.5. As the race goes on the car looses weight because it is using fuel. Try and make it that there is hardly any fuel left in the car at the end of the race so the car is lighter but does not go under 640kg because that is the final weight need at the end of the race. When changing the amount of pit stops add only the fuel you need so it does not weigh the car down.
Hope this could help you (:
Original post by Motherland
hi,

no laps
min car weight
car weight
driver weight
ballast

lap length
lap record

how can you find out these values???? please
thanks

If you look at the pdf sheet given there is information given there.
The number of laps is 75 if you look at the stats sheet in the model it tells you there.
The minimum car weight is 640kg. Car weight is 560kg. The driver weight depends, the man is 61 and the woman 53, easiest way to do this is by creating a drop down list on the model so you can switch between the two. The ballast section will fill itself when you enter all of the above and will varie with the driver. the lap length is 5.27km and you can get this by 392 km (which is the total length of the lap) divided by the number of laps (75)

Hope this can help.
Original post by Jadalyn
Hey I'm in the same class as strugglestudent and we were just wondering if anyone has figured out how to calculate the lap record yet? Do you think this information will be provided on the day of the exam or is it definately something we have to find the value of. thanks.

For the lap record in our class, one all the other information was entered we took a minimum of all teh laps and it comes up with the shortest one.
=MIN($'Lap Times'.J9:J83)
see if that works for you (: