The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Help!!! No Foreign Language GCSE, Can I Apply for UCL Medicine?

Hello guys, so at the moment, I don't have a foreign language GCSE, am I able to apply!
Thanks for your help, stressed! :smile:
I had the same query re UCL, albeit for a different course. They said it was okay and emailed me to confirm.

The following is from their site re Foreign Language Requirement:
UK students who do not have a GCSE grade C or equivalent in a foreign language (other than Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew or Latin) on admission to UCL will be required to acquire an equivalent level of language proficiency once they are enrolled with us. This will either be through participation in a UCL summer school, study for a specially designed certificate at the UCL Centre for Languages & International Education, or by taking a 0.5 CU (course-unit) course in a language. Individual cases where a foreign language is particularly challenging for a student will be considered sympathetically.

I strongly recommend you contact the admissions team for your chosen course to confirm the above applies.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
[QUOTE="marinos;44736461" los="los" lobos="lobos"]I had the same query re UCL, albeit for a different course. They said it was okay and emailed me to confirm.

The following is from their site re Foreign Language Requirement:
UK students who do not have a GCSE grade C or equivalent in a foreign language (other than Ancient Greek, Biblical Hebrew or Latin) on admission to UCL will be required to acquire an equivalent level of language proficiency once they are enrolled with us. This will either be through participation in a UCL summer school, study for a specially designed certificate at the UCL Centre for Languages & International Education, or by taking a 0.5 CU (course-unit) course in a language. Individual cases where a foreign language is particularly challenging for a student will be considered sympathetically. [/B
I strongly recommend you contact the admissions team for your chosen course to confirm the above applies.

Would you consider calling them?

Oh, and gave you a +rep!
Original post by Hi, How are you ?
Would you consider calling them?
Yup. If I was you, I would definitely contact them and confirm the situation for 100% clarity, at the same time checking exactly how the scheme works and would be timetabled (summer school or module options etc). When I confirmed I did it on phone, then emailed them to check I took down my notes accurately and they emailed me back confirming I had recorded it all accurately. I like having things in writing (or email) cos I'm a nerd :tongue:
Original post by los lobos marinos
Yup. If I was you, I would definitely contact them and confirm the situation for 100% clarity, at the same time checking exactly how the scheme works and would be timetabled (summer school or module options etc). When I confirmed I did it on phone, then emailed them to check I took down my notes accurately and they emailed me back confirming I had recorded it all accurately. I like having things in writing (or email) cos I'm a nerd :tongue:

What notes?
I wrote down what she was telling me while I was on the phone. Those notes lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending