The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Thank you for the superb reply... and good luck with the interview!
Reply 341
Original post by ChevalBlanc
Three tests: numerical, logical and the weird personality test.

When did you send off your HSBC app?

I applied 2 weeks ago for HSBC and got the numerical this morning....3 tests for SC, this seems to be a joke, i'm going to struggle with personality test, i somehow failed the BNP one. Any news from CS, Nomura, MS etc?
Hsbc phone invite. V happy.
Well done....!
Reply 344
I'm double minded whether I should begin applying on summer internships for the coming year or not as for when I do graduate in july I'm planning on doing a Masters in finance to strengthen my applications as without it I have no experience with regards to the industry except my own personal interest any suggestions? :>
Original post by heathcliff101
Anyone had telephone interview with UBS for IBD Grad scheme?

Yeah, had it today.
Original post by Kevlar
I'm double minded whether I should begin applying on summer internships for the coming year or not as for when I do graduate in july I'm planning on doing a Masters in finance to strengthen my applications as without it I have no experience with regards to the industry except my own personal interest any suggestions? :>

Definitely internships. Not to sound negative, but if you have "no experience with regards to the industry except my own personal interest", then even internships will be hard to get.
Anyone done the test for citi
Original post by Kevlar

I would apply to as many summer internships as possible....why you wouldn't?
can someone help me out with some "smaller" organisations to persue please in the financial sector that would have technology based roles?

Thanks very much
Reply 350
Original post by Kevlar

Remember there are always off cycle internships, possible networking could be more important given your situation -building solid networks is more critical otherwise you are just playing russian roulette with internship applications.
Original post by Kevlar

Mix it up, make sure you apply back & middle office roles.
Reply 352
Hey All,

Anybody heard back from Citi, BarCap, BNP, HSBC and SocGen after the tests?

I did:
Citi - 3 weeks ago not good
BarCap - 1 month back - surely passed both
BNP - 10 days back - surely passed
HSBC - Filled in the application 2 days back got a mail to mention grades - did that but no tests after that
SocGen - 9 days bback...but no phone no emails...

anyone facing the same?
Reply 353
Original post by Alpha Paradox
Yeah, had it today.

I had it too. How did you find it?
Reply 354
did anybody else find the nomura logical reasoning test impossible to finish?
some questions were a bit tricky. i like how kenexa allow you to go back to a question.
Reply 356
Original post by Ludovic_88

Original post by Ludovic_88
some questions were a bit tricky. i like how kenexa allow you to go back to a question.

mate i didn't get to see half of the questions let alone say they were tricky lol.
Reply 357
i think the last 4 questions were hard. for 2 of them i had to guess... but there are 24, so no problem.
Reply 358
rejected by HSBC. another several hours of writing answers to those retarded questions down the drain.
Original post by Heini
rejected by HSBC. another several hours of writing answers to those retarded questions down the drain.

Did HSBC send you the test invite or just rejected?

Quick Reply

Latest