The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2012

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know when you can start applying for accommodation?
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Just got all three unconditional offers from Winchester!!! YAY!!! Now I just have to choose which one I want to do... eep!
Reply 162
just got cond offer for social work, so relieved to have got 1 offer tbh
Original post by WittyDittyInc
Just got all three unconditional offers from Winchester!!! YAY!!! Now I just have to choose which one I want to do... eep!

Wow! What did you apply for?
Original post by followmeup
Wow! What did you apply for?

Childhood, Youth and Community Studies
Health, Community and Social Care Studies
Childhood, Youth and Community Studies combined with Health, Community and Social Care Studies

I've narrowed it down to do CYCS or CYCS/HCSCS but that's where I'm stuck. I know they say a combined honours is 50/50 but I've read that it does usually end up as 65/65 so the workload worries me...

I'm also trying to work out whether it's going to be more beneficial to just concentrate all my efforts on CYCS or get a broader knowledge of both fields. My desk is covered in so many pros/cons lists and I still can't decide!
Reply 165
Original post by WittyDittyInc

I know they say a combined honours is 50/50 but I've read that it does usually end up as 65/65 so the workload worries me...

Combined honours here are 50/50.
Reply 166
Looks like i'll be starting in sept! Studying sociology & religion & theology! Cant wait. :smile:
Original post by tessmith
Looks like i'll be starting in sept! Studying sociology & religion & theology! Cant wait. :smile:

Congrats :biggrin: I did TRS with Psychology :yep:
Original post by Firewhispers
Anyone know when you can start applying for accommodation?

i think once you have chose it as your firm
Original post by ConorMitchell
i think once you have chose it as your firm

On the information pack from Winchester it said that you need to have Winchester as your firm and you can apply on the website from April onwards :smile:
Reply 170
Got an unconditional offer an hour ago for Creative Writing and Journalism Studies :3

Never thought I'd be saying that tbh
Original post by hookaduck
Got an unconditional offer an hour ago for Creative Writing and Journalism Studies :3

Never thought I'd be saying that tbh

Journalism Studies! *high five*
Just emailed the housing office and they said that applying for accommodation starts on the 2nd of April
I've firmed Winchester - received an unconditional offer for Criminology & Education Studies.. anyone else doing these? eeek! so excited!
Reply 174
Just a heads up, those who do go to Winchester you will recieve your accommodation details VERY late. I got mine a week before uni started.
Reply 175
And freshers here is terrible. Don't expect anything amazing.
Reply 176
Original post by followmeup
Journalism Studies! *high five*

Yay. What are you studying with it?
Original post by hookaduck
Yay. What are you studying with it?

Media Production :biggrin:
Unconditional from Winchester to study psychology :biggrin:
Original post by thisisthemoment
Unconditional from Winchester to study psychology :biggrin:

Congratulations! :smile:
I had an unconditional 4 days ago, to study Criminology & Education Studies :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending