(whenever that may be)
Reply 5101
Original post by laurenl93
I AM SO EXCITED TO PICK THE COLOUR OF MY STETHOSCOPE

(whenever that may be)

ME TOO!!
I'm so gutted you can't get ones with cool patterns on
Original post by Seb
I am still extremely ****ing bored. I still don't have an offer. I'm thinking I'll just become a drug lord or something.

nice plan B!
Meh I am jealous of all you Medics :colondollar: Just hoping GEM/Reapplying though first year will get me in :smile:.
Reply 5104
Are first years allowed to get one/do we need one?

I'm gna go on the litteman website now :biggrin: only problem is its difficult to tell what the actual colour is when its just a picture since the colour's always different :frown:

Does it matter if we don't need one :P
I've waited years for this!!!
The pictures are quite vague, I might pop down to the medical school at some point and see what's in their shop.

(whenever that may be)

Original post by Tinth
ME TOO!!

Me three!

I'm thinking on decorating mine with random stickers to brighten it up a little :biggrin: though I'd possibly have a back up stethoscope so that adult people would take me seriously... Lol :tongue:

(whenever that may be)

Original post by Tinth
ME TOO!!

Are first years allowed to get one/do we need one?

I'm gna go on the litteman website now :biggrin: only problem is its difficult to tell what the actual colour is when its just a picture since the colour's always different :frown:

First years are of course allowed to buy there own stethoscope :tongue:

For BL, stethoscopes are provided for the clinical skills sessions but they aren't great..
You'll want to invest in one so that you can practice for OSCEs anyway.

Just don't be that prick that gets their name engraved as Dr. name name

You also don't need to buy the top of the range one.. a Classic II is plenty good enough

My baby is a Littman Classic II with the bronze finish and my name without the title Mr engraved on it :love:
http://www.medisave.co.uk/littmann-classic-stethoscope-brass-finish.html <- that one
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
First years are of course allowed to buy there own stethoscope :tongue:

For BL, stethoscopes are provided for the clinical skills sessions but they aren't great..
You'll want to invest in one so that you can practice for OSCEs anyway.

Just don't be that prick that gets their name engraved as Dr. name name

You also don't need to buy the top of the range one.. a Classic II is plenty good enough

My baby is a Littman Classic II with the bronze finish and my name without the title Mr engraved on it :love:
http://www.medisave.co.uk/littmann-classic-stethoscope-brass-finish.html <- that one

Considering: Buy 10 for £43.23 each :colone:

Too bad I didn't get into Medicine, guess I will just roam the streets as a beggar with a stethoscope looking all medically :redface:
Original post by Doctor.
Considering: Buy 10 for £43.23 each :colone:

Too bad I didn't get into Medicine, guess I will just roam the streets as a beggar with a stethoscope looking all medically :redface:

Become a re-re-applicant?

I could see the alternative..
"Will give PR for food" :colone:
Reply 5110
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Done.
Original post by Medican
Done.

Thank you very much :biggrin:

It really helps to get as many opinions as possible.

I'll return the favour when you guys are at med school :yep:
hey there!
I was just wondering which universities are favourable of re-applicants?
and those who favour gap years?
Reply 5113
Hey guys its my first post on this thread but ive been checking it every so often and congrats to everyone with offers.
Ive just recently got my first offer (imperial!).
Ive also seen you posting on imperial thread palladium nd good luck with your reply!!
For those still waiting hang tight and hopefully theres some good news for you lot too.

Peace =D
Reply 5114
hi guys, im a successful reapplicant- and just wanted to know what your plans are for the rest of the year. I have nothing to do- i just work part time 2 days a week and volunteer once or twice a week- im getting a bit bored
Reply 5115
Original post by amreek77
hi guys, im a successful reapplicant- and just wanted to know what your plans are for the rest of the year. I have nothing to do- i just work part time 2 days a week and volunteer once or twice a week- im getting a bit bored

Plan amazing things to do in the summer! Persuade some of your friends to go on holiday with you or something :smile:

I'm still just working, but a lot of my friends are coming home from uni soon, so I'll be able to spend my free time with them. I've booked tickets to Leeds festival, and I'm doing volunteering for a week before that. Perhaps going away with friends for a weekend or something, and hopefully a holiday with my boyfriend. Just think, this is the only time you're going to be really free for pretty much the rest of your life - what things do you want to do? Go and do them!
Reply 5116

I gotta work full time to fund my second degree :frown:. Hopefully fit in a cheap holiday too though!

Original post by twelve
Just think, this is the only time you're going to be really free for pretty much the rest of your life - what things do you want to do? Go and do them!

Quoted for truth. Have you seen the hours FY's do?
Reply 5117
yh thanks guys for the advice. i luckily got in this year- i accidentally applied to 2 places where i didnt meet their a level requirements. oops! ill just de-stress i think and maybe do more shifts at work. i just purchased the grays anatomy for students so im gunna start going through that- just to make the first year a bit easier.
yh thanks guys for the advice. i luckily got in this year- i accidentally applied to 2 places where i didnt meet their a level requirements. oops! ill just de-stress i think and maybe do more shifts at work. i just purchased the grays anatomy for students so im gunna start going through that- just to make the first year a bit easier.

It is unlikely to make your first year easier. University anatomy teaching is extremely well structured, learning random facts beforehand is unlikely to help and may only succeed in confusing you.

Enjoy your summer before uni, you will have enough work during term time :smile:
Reply 5119
Hey guys, can't believe what I'm about to say but as of today I am officially, a successful medicine re-applicant. :woo: This thread was really nice to read because I felt like I wasn't alone through the struggles. Good luck to the rest of you guys still waiting and those unsuccessful. If it's really what you want and you believe the struggle is worth it then keep on fighting. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply