The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennifer.tariah
I've tried to put many ideas forward.. my school just simply doesnt have the budget.. aww thanks! what things do you do to insure your place i.e work experience ?

i cantdo work experience because it takes a 'double block' of our options to allow a full day off school and i cant because im doing seperate science and that takes up one of our year 11 options :frown: so im gonna do it my free time from the end of year 11 after my GCSE's :biggrin:

but im also planning to out ideas forward at my school such as to do a basic first aid course in year 11 during 'life' (whichis like the worst lesson ever as we dont do owt -.-)
Original post by techno836
i cantdo work experience because it takes a 'double block' of our options to allow a full day off school and i cant because im doing seperate science and that takes up one of our year 11 options :frown: so im gonna do it my free time from the end of year 11 after my GCSE's :biggrin:

but im also planning to out ideas forward at my school such as to do a basic first aid course in year 11 during 'life' (whichis like the worst lesson ever as we dont do owt -.-)

Yeah it would be too much work.. but i get my NI number next year.. so i might do some volunteering for some time then get a real job. plus i have the DofE my life will be hectic next year!

We have that.. we call it 'My life' LOL its a mixture of R.E and citizenship i quite enjoy it actually
Yeah it would be too much work.. but i get my NI number next year.. so i might do some volunteering for some time then get a real job. plus i have the DofE my life will be hectic next year!

We have that.. we call it 'My life' LOL its a mixture of R.E and citizenship i quite enjoy it actually

it doesnt interest me as there is no exam it doesnt really teach us life skills that much we did 3 hours on R.E + there is no exam or qualification .... i do have ideas though that i am going to put forward ... and i have DofE so i can do work experience in that so im hopefully covered :biggrin: cant wait to start it though ... there is a skills section and i dunno what im gonna do for it ?? either basketball/tennis (they are kinda skills :wink: ) or re-learn guitar because i cant play no more :frown:
Do you all - assuming you're all British citizens, or at least have leave to remain - get your NI cards/numbers sent to you before you're 16? I can only be given leave to remain/citizenship a couple of months after my 16th birthday...
it doesnt interest me as there is no exam it doesnt really teach us life skills that much we did 3 hours on R.E + there is no exam or qualification .... i do have ideas though that i am going to put forward ... and i have DofE so i can do work experience in that so im hopefully covered :biggrin: cant wait to start it though ... there is a skills section and i dunno what im gonna do for it ?? either basketball/tennis (they are kinda skills :wink: ) or re-learn guitar because i cant play no more :frown:

I have no idea too! I guess ill just Join any random sports team
Or u could learn piano? Arrgghh DECISIONS!
I have no idea too! I guess ill just Join any random sports team
Or u could learn piano? Arrgghh DECISIONS!

haha i know right :frown: ... im guessing youve just watched apprentice :L :L <3
haha i know right :frown: ... im guessing youve just watched apprentice :L :L <3

Ive JUST missed it.. but never mind i'm watching it on Iplayer.. i have to stay ahead of the game haha did you watch it?
Ive JUST missed it.. but never mind i'm watching it on Iplayer.. i have to stay ahead of the game haha did you watch it?

nope got it recorded :P<3 ... haha :-) where do you live ? and why do you wanna go to leeds ? :-)<3
nope got it recorded :P<3 ... haha :-) where do you live ? and why do you wanna go to leeds ? :-)<3

Haha, I live in north London..

I wanna go to Leeds.. because i fell in love with it last year when it dawned on me i had to plan ahead and start thinking of unis.. i came across leeds and i looked it up on the tables it was pretty high up for business and then i saw it.. *insert dramatic music here* International Business.. my dream course, then i watched a few videos on student life ect.. i just dunno since then i've had it planned to go there..

How about you? did you have a little epiphany like me ?
Haha, I live in north London..

I wanna go to Leeds.. because i fell in love with it last year when it dawned on me i had to plan ahead and start thinking of unis.. i came across leeds and i looked it up on the tables it was pretty high up for business and then i saw it.. *insert dramatic music here* International Business.. my dream course, then i watched a few videos on student life ect.. i just dunno since then i've had it planned to go there..

How about you? did you have a little epiphany like me ?

yupp :-) i live in doncaster and i have an uncle in leeds aswell :-)<3 cant wait to go to uni though :smile: just to leave home :smile:
yupp :-) i live in doncaster and i have an uncle in leeds aswell :-)<3 cant wait to go to uni though :smile: just to leave home :smile:

Doncaster is soo close to leeds.. Unlike London its like a 5 hour drive.. I'm worried i won't be able to visit for the open days and stuff..

haha, mee too! my mum is driving me nuts.. i keet thinking 3 years... 3 years.. and my sister is leaving for uni next year so i might die..
Doncaster is soo close to leeds.. Unlike London its like a 5 hour drive.. I'm worried i won't be able to visit for the open days and stuff..

haha, mee too! my mum is driving me nuts.. i keet thinking 3 years... 3 years.. and my sister is leaving for uni next year so i might die..

haha :-) just over 3 years left :smile: i just have an annoying little brother and sister -.-
haha :-) just over 3 years left :smile: i just have an annoying little brother and sister -.-

Aww your soo lucky.. i wish i wasn't the youngest.. i hate it.
Aww your soo lucky.. i wish i wasn't the youngest.. i hate it.

hahaha :smile: oldest isnt so good having to lookafter and babysit the younger ones -.- .... urghh they stress me out !! :L<3
hahaha :smile: oldest isnt so good having to lookafter and babysit the younger ones -.- .... urghh they stress me out !! :L<3

How old are they?
How old are they?

my brother is 10 and my sister 4 :-)
my brother is 10 and my sister 4 :-)

I've always wanted a little sister but i'm stuck with me. -.- well at least in like 3 year, bye bye baysitting
I've always wanted a little sister but i'm stuck with me. -.- well at least in like 3 year, bye bye baysitting

yes !!!! :smile:
yes !!!! :smile:

You sound like your sure you won't miss them?
You sound like your sure you won't miss them?

i will but at least they cant annoy me :L :-)