The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent chat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aleandcynicism
...no, but it sounds hilarious :tongue: What was it?

A campaign against people on benefits. Because I take a module that's all to do with poverty and unemployment it just strikes me as a bit absurd.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by MrHappy_J
A campaign against people on benefits. Because I take a module that's all to do with poverty and unemployment it just strikes me as a bit absurd.

Misinformed, stupid AND an incredibly bizarre location to protest? I wish I saw these guys :tongue:
Misinformed, stupid AND an incredibly bizarre location to protest? I wish I saw these guys :tongue:

You would have laughed at their chanting :biggrin: "job, job, get a job..." what they were hoping to achieve i just don't know.
Gah wish I had seen this, sounds real funny
Reply 764
Is this page stretched for anyone else? :s-smilie:
Reply 765
So... one of my lecturers is in my house, in my housemates room... never suspected a thing!!!
Reply 766
Original post by aliluvschoc
So... one of my lecturers is in my house, in my housemates room... never suspected a thing!!!

In the room in a.... more than friendly way?
Reply 767
Original post by Blazara
In the room in a.... more than friendly way?

It was all very secretive. Or would have been, if me and another housemate hadn't ordered a pizza... which got delivered at exactly the same time he turned up. He was wearing a hat pulled over his eyes and everything. :lol:

So yeah, I'm thinking she's getting some extra marks.

:lol::lol:
Reply 768
Last Redemption of the year, and I'm half sure it's gonna be riddled with rubbish.
Hopefully I get to kick the Dj off the booth and man the station.
Got me some nice tunes to set the place on fire.
Oh yah.
:h:
It was all very secretive. Or would have been, if me and another housemate hadn't ordered a pizza... which got delivered at exactly the same time he turned up. He was wearing a hat pulled over his eyes and everything. :lol:

So yeah, I'm thinking she's getting some extra marks.

:lol::lol:

Is this who I think it is?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 770
Original post by Loz17

This should be fun!
I won the presidential elections for the Real Ale and Cider society :biggrin: My username couldn't be more fitting :tongue:
I won the presidential elections for the Real Ale and Cider society :biggrin: My username couldn't be more fitting :tongue:

Awesome. You done with your meta-ethics essay yet? (Looked at your profile and saw your name as Matt Jones and put 2+2 together) Mine's not too great, but at least it's handed in.
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Awesome. You done with your meta-ethics essay yet? (Looked at your profile and saw your name as Matt Jones and put 2+2 together) Mine's not too great, but at least it's handed in.

Ahah, I think I know who you are as well (I realise that sounds creepy, but I don't mean it to be) :tongue:

Aye, I handed mine in. I'm pretty alright with mine and Simon liked the sound of some of my ideas. Which question did you do?
Ahah, I think I know who you are as well (I realise that sounds creepy, but I don't mean it to be) :tongue:

Aye, I handed mine in. I'm pretty alright with mine and Simon liked the sound of some of my ideas. Which question did you do?

Yeah Matt Jones, thought it was probably the same Matt Jones who goes to UKC and I remember does philosophy and I've seen in meta-ethics. I'm the guy who's picture you just commented on with Ayn Rand.

I did the expressivism one. I never got around to getting proper feedback on my draft as I was away that week, so I went through the comments and hoped for the best. He seemed to think my draft was ok, so I hope it will be fine.

Having the opposite problem for an essay I'm working on now. Done 3200 words with no intro, conclusion, or referencing a philosopher the essay title tells me I must. And of course I am fixing that by staying on TSR and FB
Original post by metalthrashin'mad
Yeah Matt Jones, thought it was probably the same Matt Jones who goes to UKC and I remember does philosophy and I've seen in meta-ethics. I'm the guy who's picture you just commented on with Ayn Rand.

I did the expressivism one. I never got around to getting proper feedback on my draft as I was away that week, so I went through the comments and hoped for the best. He seemed to think my draft was ok, so I hope it will be fine.

Having the opposite problem for an essay I'm working on now. Done 3200 words with no intro, conclusion, or referencing a philosopher the essay title tells me I must. And of course I am fixing that by staying on TSR and FB

Thought it was you :tongue:

Expressivism and the Lockean problem? Same here. Quite a cool topic, but if anything I feel constrained by the word count.
Thought it was you :tongue:

Expressivism and the Lockean problem? Same here. Quite a cool topic, but if anything I feel constrained by the word count.

Yep, that's the one. Thought it was pretty interesting. I did want to read around it more and right some extra stuff, and Simon mentioned some other stuff I could include, but I was so close to the word count I didn't want to risk reading something interesting and having to cut some other stuff out. I didn't use Blackburn which mightn't have been a great idea, I used Ayer instead.
Reply 777
Original post by Loz17

Yes. Yes it is. :mmm:
Yes. Yes it is. :mmm:

Haha love it
Original post by MrHappy_J
:ciao: i might even know you! haha.

Yeah, I really never go on here.... whoops :/

Edit: Just seen your sig. Psychology and Sociology. I don't think I know anyone doing that, but I am on the psy committe, so you may know me. Wow that sounds weird lol haha
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending