The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Starting at Queen's Campus this October. Lets connect.

Scroll to see replies

Hey tabby. Good to hear. Have you picked out a college yet though?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by bilalsiddiqui
Hey tabby. Good to hear. Have you picked out a college yet though?

yeah i have im in stephension :smile: but im not living in! what bout you? xx
I'm gonna study BA Business and Management this year and I've been allocated to John Snow College :smile:
Emm..I would be pretty happy to meet friends before arrival.
Original post by JeremyLiang
I'm gonna study BA Business and Management this year and I've been allocated to John Snow College :smile:
Emm..I would be pretty happy to meet friends before arrival.

hello! nice to meet you :smile: im not in john snow but still think it would be nice to chat before we started! :biggrin: where abouts are you from? xx
Original post by tabby_girl
hello! nice to meet you :smile: im not in john snow but still think it would be nice to chat before we started! :biggrin: where abouts are you from? xx

Hello.Yeah,we're both in Queen's campus after all.
I'm from China.18.You?Are you British?
Reply 25
I will be there this October too - Accounting and Finance - at John Snow. :smile:
Hello.Yeah,we're both in Queen's campus after all.
I'm from China.18.You?Are you British?

yeah thats true! :smile: still good to get to know you before we start! :smile: and wow! thats great, what mappealed about coming to durham? are you still living in china?
and im british yeah :smile: xx
Reply 27
I have put Business Finance down as my insurance. I've been allocated to Stephenson :tongue:.
yeah thats true! :smile: still good to get to know you before we start! :smile: and wow! thats great, what mappealed about coming to durham? are you still living in china?
and im british yeah :smile: xx

mappealed? you mean appealed?For a variety reasons.I fancy Britain,and Durham is a brilliant uni.Further,the college system is the main draw to me,I dig the atmosphere which can't be found in any other English unis except Oxbridge.Honestly,the entry requirements absolutely fit me
yes,I still live in China.I study Alevels in China and take Edexcel exams.
Anyway,pretty happy to meet british friends,(actually,I've met some really amazing Brits here ).
Well,just ask,is it proper to hit on someone that I don't know in British pubs? So many times I'm afraid to talk to them in pubs here,thinking they may regard me as a freak.:colondollar:
Hello :smile: I have put Durham as my first choice and am doing Marketing (shares the same modules as the business course in the first year) and have been allocated John Snow :biggrin:
Original post by scaredofexams
Hello :smile: I have put Durham as my first choice and am doing Marketing (shares the same modules as the business course in the first year) and have been allocated John Snow :biggrin:

Hey.I also put Durham as the first choice and am doing Business and Management.I intend to transfer to Marketing in the second year as Marketing is more appealing to me.Plus I've been allocated to John Snow as well!
Now for me,I have to work hard to meet the requirements(Further Maths B).Well,I think we're very likely to be college mates :smile: Nice to meet you!!!
mappealed? you mean appealed?For a variety reasons.I fancy Britain,and Durham is a brilliant uni.Further,the college system is the main draw to me,I dig the atmosphere which can't be found in any other English unis except Oxbridge.Honestly,the entry requirements absolutely fit me
yes,I still live in China.I study Alevels in China and take Edexcel exams.
Anyway,pretty happy to meet british friends,(actually,I've met some really amazing Brits here ).
Well,just ask,is it proper to hit on someone that I don't know in British pubs? So many times I'm afraid to talk to them in pubs here,thinking they may regard me as a freak.:colondollar:

aw right that makes sense, durham is a fab uni to be at!! :smile:
and no i think thats what happens haha! never done it/ or had it done to me but i think many people do yes! :tongue: xx
aw right that makes sense, durham is a fab uni to be at!! :smile:
and no i think thats what happens haha! never done it/ or had it done to me but i think many people do yes! :tongue: xx

Aha,ok.
Do you meet your requirements? I still have a B in Further Maths to get,but I think I could make it.
Err.btw,Have you watched Skins and Misfits? I am wondering do lots of british students really live like that?I mean ,drugs,sex,alcohol,you know,it looks a bit 'wild'.:rolleyes: but they still get good grades!
Reply 33
Hello Hello this is 2013 and I have accepted my offer for MSci chemistry and yes I am on the hunt for lovely ladies.
Still waiting to hear from the colleges but I've put my preference down for Stephenson.

Noticed most of you guys are undergrad, any postgrads around? Its so surprising that I haven't yet come across anyone whose in MSc Strategic Marketing with me.
Aha,ok.
Do you meet your requirements? I still have a B in Further Maths to get,but I think I could make it.
Err.btw,Have you watched Skins and Misfits? I am wondering do lots of british students really live like that?I mean ,drugs,sex,alcohol,you know,it looks a bit 'wild'.:rolleyes: but they still get good grades!

erm.. its looking like i might, if i keep working hard hopefully i will!

and no. i havent watched those, but know people who do :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 36
Hey, applied for the same college but doing Accounting and finance :smile:
Reply 37
When I applied for my accomodation at john snow I did not recieve any email confirmation? Is this normal or did i do something stupid? Have any of you recieved any form of confirmation that you have applied yet? :smile:
Reply 38
Hey guys, I just firmed my place at Durham for medicine. I requested Stephenson, but haven't heard back yet :smile:
Original post by GEE93
When I applied for my accomodation at john snow I did not recieve any email confirmation? Is this normal or did i do something stupid? Have any of you recieved any form of confirmation that you have applied yet? :smile:

I have not recieved confirmation either, however when i applied it clicked straight off saying i could no longer access the page and had applied so i emailed them to ask what i had a pplied for and they said because i had already stated John Snow in my original application and have no requirments they have just assumed i was a mixed flat in john snow accom and i replied saying that was fine so i wouldn't worry about it. Just email them and double check :smile:

Quick Reply