The Student Room Group

Parents secret question?

Right so I'm applying to student finance and where it asks for my parents details (to register them) I filled it in and it said that my parents were already customers with student finance, then I remembered my older brother went uni 6 years ago so digged out a few letters and was able to find my parents ART ID's (CRN numbers), so when I put the ART ID in it asks for the 3rd and 6th letter of a secret question answer... but the thing is it doesn't show what the question is? my parents didnt have email accounts at the time and I believe my brother had applied by sending a PR1/PN1 form or whatever and not online... so yeah how am I meant to provide an answer if they're not showing the question?

thanks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi, sorry but did you ever solve this? Having the same problem when trying to renew student finance, don't remember my parents even getting a secret question.

Cheers!
Reply 2
Original post by icecoolwas
Right so I'm applying to student finance and where it asks for my parents details (to register them) I filled it in and it said that my parents were already customers with student finance, then I remembered my older brother went uni 6 years ago so digged out a few letters and was able to find my parents ART ID's (CRN numbers), so when I put the ART ID in it asks for the 3rd and 6th letter of a secret question answer... but the thing is it doesn't show what the question is? my parents didnt have email accounts at the time and I believe my brother had applied by sending a PR1/PN1 form or whatever and not online... so yeah how am I meant to provide an answer if they're not showing the question?

thanks.

Original post by Tom-S
Hi, sorry but did you ever solve this? Having the same problem when trying to renew student finance, don't remember my parents even getting a secret question.

Cheers!

You guys need to call SFE, get your parents to do this. Same thing happened to me last year and my parents called them, and got it sorted.
Reply 3
Original post by Tom-S

Cheers!

Yeah I resolved it mate, you've got to ring them up and hand the phone over to your parents - they'll reset the password but your parents need an email address handy.

Quick Reply