The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lubsjk
97%? K that's deadly.

But the good thing about Art is that there's no right or wrong answer. I would hate to have to constantly draw though >< I like drawing, but not that much lol

It is :frown: I won't even scrape an A :tongue: yeah, you have to do quite a bit :biggrin:
Reply 221
Original post by shadab786ahmed
It is :frown: I won't even scrape an A :tongue: yeah, you have to do quite a bit :biggrin:

A 'B' is still good so.. no worries :biggrin: Is it fun? :redface:
Original post by lubsjk
A 'B' is still good so.. no worries :biggrin: Is it fun? :redface:

Meh, it'll be like my only B! Yeah, I guess it is, it is my laid back subject... Relax, laugh, get told off, have fun! :biggrin:
Reply 223
Meh, it'll be like my only B! Yeah, I guess it is, it is my laid back subject... Relax, laugh, get told off, have fun! :biggrin:

One B won't hurt :biggrin: Some people will do anything for a B! lol
That is exactly why I chose Music! I wanted my last one to be a class that I could relax in. It was between Music, Textiles and Art. I like the Music teachers the most so that's why I chose it :biggrin: I know I said this before, but the Art teachers in my school are horrendous. x_x
Original post by lubsjk
The teachers at my school aren't That bad o.o It must suck to have a teacher who insults you simply because of your talent.

Oh so it got in the way of other subjects during the exam period?

Haha definitely!

Yes, I had to have my work finished and handed in during study leave. I couldn't be bothered adding more to it when I had Science revision. :tongue:

Ionly did Art in KS3,I was really bad at drawing but fantastic at creating imaginative ideas,which meant I ended up getting a level 6,which put me in the top 26% in the year-if only I could have been able to draw well:colondollar:
Original post by lubsjk
One B won't hurt :biggrin: Some people will do anything for a B! lol
That is exactly why I chose Music! I wanted my last one to be a class that I could relax in. It was between Music, Textiles and Art. I like the Music teachers the most so that's why I chose it :biggrin: I know I said this before, but the Art teachers in my school are horrendous. x_x

I guess so, only art, plus photography is classed as an art so I'll get an A in that :biggrin:
Its always nice to have a lesson like that! Yeah, what makes them.so bad?

Original post by Dalek1099
Ionly did Art in KS3,I was really bad at drawing but fantastic at creating imaginative ideas,which meant I ended up getting a level 6,which put me in the top 26% in the year-if only I could have been able to draw well:colondollar:

I did terrible in year nine as we had a new teacher, ended up with a level five :colondollar: oh well :tongue:
I guess so, only art, plus photography is classed as an art so I'll get an A in that :biggrin:

I did terrible in year nine as we had a new teacher, ended up with a level five :colondollar: oh well :tongue:

I messed up my last piece of Art work as well,which could have rose the level from 6c.I'm really bad at drawing though,so lots of people found it strange how I got so high levels but my ideas are superb and have between called a genius by an art teacher before,I was really pleased with my level because it was improve my target level of 5b and I was on a Level 4a in Year 8 and was jumping about 2 sublevels for every piece of work,except the last one,one problem I did have though was that I hardly ever finished my art work because it was always over complicated and detailed.
I messed up my last piece of Art work as well,which could have rose the level from 6c.I'm really bad at drawing though,so lots of people found it strange how I got so high levels but my ideas are superb and have between called a genius by an art teacher before,I was really pleased with my level because it was improve my target level of 5b and I was on a Level 4a in Year 8 and was jumping about 2 sublevels for every piece of work,except the last one,one problem I did have though was that I hardly ever finished my art work because it was always over complicated and detailed.

Can you give an example if a genius idea? I could use it for my art :redface: in year seven our teacher went ti the Amazon... So we never had a tecacher :s-smilie:
Can you give an example if a genius idea? I could use it for my art :redface: in year seven our teacher went ti the Amazon... So we never had a tecacher :s-smilie:

I hope this is right but one of my pieces of Art was on love and I did a cracked hart in the middle and drew things that both people liked that were different so drawing them away from each other-I'm sorry if this isn't too detailed I haven't done Art for a year and can't remember most of it.
I hope this is right but one of my pieces of Art was on love and I did a cracked hart in the middle and drew things that both people liked that were different so drawing them away from each other-I'm sorry if this isn't too detailed I haven't done Art for a year and can't remember most of it.

Aah, so a broken heart, quite an idea :tongue: but I think it would look messy and hard to analyse if.you never told the person what it meant...
Reply 231
Original post by Lucy96
Haha definitely!

Yes, I had to have my work finished and handed in during study leave. I couldn't be bothered adding more to it when I had Science revision. :tongue:

oh right. Science requires quite a bit of studying. It must have been annoying ^_^
Reply 232

It is ^
They don't know what they are doing. Every lesson is exactly the same. The teachers have no control - they spend forever telling everyone to 'calm down'. At first, you don't think much of it, but it gets more and more annoying ><
Original post by lubsjk
It is ^
They don't know what they are doing. Every lesson is exactly the same. The teachers have no control - they spend forever telling everyone to 'calm down'. At first, you don't think much of it, but it gets more and more annoying ><

Aaah, that sounds like one of the art tteachers at my school. She is crazy but nice... But that's fair enough... :smile:
I am :wink: I more competent with French :tongue: lol, it's hard to describe the sounds dd and ll make...

I'll go YouTube Welsh now... Like I have so much free time :tongue: Don't worry, I have experience attempting to explain Arabic letters to people over the 'net. Not easy!

My Mum's starting a distance learning course with the University of Cardiff, and she just got her acceptance email. It had bits in Welsh, and I tried to show off my recently-acquired skills... She wasn't too impressed :colondollar:

Original post by Lainathiel
This sounds similar to the things we studied in Geography last year: why lesser developed, poorer countries seem to have the best exporting businesses and tourist industries. I won't start on my views on this subject; I wrote a seven or so page essay for an assessment about why I thought it was ridiculous that the ordinary people in countries such as yours work so incredibly hard yet don't get paid nearly as high as they should do, or get the services that we - Brits or Americans, for example - take for granted. Oh dear, I've started off again. :lol:

Wow, that's impressive! So, you're planning to study over here too then; do many people choose to study over here, or in other countries? Not many people I know go to foreign universities; I think it's getting a bit more common for people to go American universities, actually, but the majority of the people I know stay in the UK. Also, what is your schooling system like; do you have similar years and things to us? That may sound a bit weird but I have a friend in Australia, and once we were discussing our education systems; when we compared them, we kept getting really confused about the differing terminology and things. :lol:

God, this keeps getting discussed here, and though we reach solutions, they just don't work with a government like ours! Finally, though, something's happened—we're getting a constitutional review, and the team's travelling all over the country to listen to the public. Though we just had a disastrous ferry accident, and our Parliament's going crazy, but STILL. Better than nothing!

Yeah, most people choose to go abroad. Med/Pharmacy/Dentistry and Accounts/Economics are virtually the only things people (who can afford leaving) study here. Right now, the most popular options are India (for Med, engineering) Malaysia (for everything!) and South Africa (for media-related stuff and Business). The US is considered elite, most people who want to do 'unusual' science degrees go there; the UK even more so. Every year less and less people go to the UK... But those who do are usually the really high achievers!

Our schooling system? God, it's so difficult to explain, especially to Americans! The NECTA (national) syllabus is divided into three: Primary school, for seven years; O levels, for four years; and A levels, for two years. O and A levels together are collectively called secondary school—no school will offer one without offering the other!
There really isn't an age system here, but because most people start primary at 6, and there's about three years of nursery, we end up similar to the English system: Grade 7 of primary is equivalent to Year 7; Form 1 of Secondary is Year 8, etc. I'm in Form 3 right now: Year 10 :smile:

When I first started Secondary, I had so much trouble figuring out stuff on the Net, 'cause we still name our forms the Tanzanian way, but our syllabus is IGCSE! It took me AGES to figure out the English system :tongue:
Original post by KythingToWrite
I'll go YouTube Welsh now... Like I have so much free time :tongue: Don't worry, I have experience attempting to explain Arabic letters to people over the 'net. Not easy!

My Mum's starting a distance learning course with the University of Cardiff, and she just got her acceptance email. It had bits in Welsh, and I tried to show off my recently-acquired skills... She wasn't too impressed :colondollar:

Aaah, the ll is like kaaf and l after... So khl? And dd is like a soft zaal... The arabic letters :smile:

Cardiff!! Awesome! My city!! :biggrin:
Aaah, the ll is like kaaf and l after... So khl? And dd is like a soft zaal... The arabic letters :smile:

Cardiff!! Awesome! My city!! :biggrin:

Aha. That helps! So we're holding a Welsh class... using Arabic sounds :tongue: This is awesome.

Yay! So my Mum is (virtually) studying in your city! (I know who girls who actually study there, and they love it.) Seriously, once I finish my IGCSEs I just want to come and travel all over the UK, cause my list of places to visit there (including several unis) is way too long. Cardiff sounds pretty great, from what I've heard!
Aha. That helps! So we're holding a Welsh class... using Arabic sounds :tongue: This is awesome.

Yay! So my Mum is (virtually) studying in your city! (I know who girls who actually study there, and they love it.) Seriously, once I finish my IGCSEs I just want to come and travel all over the UK, cause my list of places to visit there (including several unis) is way too long. Cardiff sounds pretty great, from what I've heard!

Yes we are awesome! :wink:

Yep! :wink: virtually :tongue: it's great, come and study in Cardiff :wink: meet me! :biggrin: what is she studying online? :s-smilie:
Yes we are awesome! :wink:

Yep! :wink: virtually :tongue: it's great, come and study in Cardiff :wink: meet me! :biggrin: what is she studying online? :s-smilie:

All right :wink: I'll come over just to meet you! Palliative care (Apparently, that's Pain Management)
All right :wink: I'll come over just to meet you! Palliative care (Apparently, that's Pain Management)

Yes! :wink: you'll be a year below me, right? Aaah, I see, how exactly does that work? :s-smilie:

Latest